PDA

View Full Version : electrolysis and 5 o clock shadow

emmicd
08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
even with electrolysis treatments twice a week at an hourly session for 5 month i still have a 5 o clock shadow. how long does it take to get rid of it. anyone?

emily

Eryn
08-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Laser and a few hours of electro took care of mine. I asked my Electro lady to concentrate on the dark hair. They are gone, but I seem to have an endless supply of fine gray hair!

Nigella
08-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Yep I agree with Eryn, concentrate on the dark hair, thats where the shadow comes from

Nicole Brown
08-22-2012, 05:09 PM
My shadow is totally gone. I went for 8 laser treatments which totally removed all of my dark hairs. I am now having electrolysis treatments to remove the light colored hairs that the laser couldn't handle. After 5 electrolysis treatments my upper lip and chin areas are well on their way to being hair free.

TeresaL
08-22-2012, 05:21 PM
I had a half dozen or more electrolysis treatments ten years ago, and its only a little finger size path at the base of my neck. I only have snow white hair, and no shadow. Still it would be nice not to shave, not to have stubble at the end of the day, and to have a baby-butt smooth face. I'll be looking into doing it again.

Badtranny
08-22-2012, 06:02 PM
get laser on the dark hairs.

8 sessions should do it, but it'll still take about 8 months. It's a long slow process hon. My beard shadow has been gone but I feel like I'm not anywhere close to done yet and it's been nearly two years.

Hair growth and hair removal are so difficult because we can do nothing but wait.

ReneeT
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM

8 sessions should do it, but it'll still take about 8 months. It's a long slow process hon. My beard shadow has been gone but I feel like I'm not anywhere close to done yet and it's been nearly two years.

Hair growth and hair removal are so difficult because we can do nothing but wait.

I am in the same boat. While I have not had laser since 99.9% of my facial hair is grey (ok - it's white, like the hair on my head! And I am well under 50!), i have had approx 150 hrs of electro in still have much to go. The best thing i have done though, and this is just recently, is stop the 2 hr sessions every week and do a total clearance every 6-8 weeks. I did 24 hrs over 2 days, 2 techs working, with local (not topical) anesthesia, at the end of July, and I go back in Sept for 35 hrs over 3 days. Finally getting a total clearance is so encouraging. It really is not much more expensive than doing it for a few hours more frequently, but you cover so much more ground. My cost per hour, including airfare and car rental (i used frequent flier points for the hotel), is $109. Writing the $2100 check made me gulp, but I was spending that anyways. My goal in life is to someday be done with electrolysis!

Badtranny
08-22-2012, 08:58 PM
My goal in life is to someday be done with electrolysis!

LOL

Me too, but I'm beginning to wonder if I have enough years left in THIS life to achieve that goal. One hair at a time? Sheesh.

morgan51
08-23-2012, 06:13 AM

This is pretty much where I'm at as well, persistance pays in the long run. I'm 2 and 1/2 + years into hair removal. Mostly electrolisys Laser didn't work for me as most hair have some white . Laser did remove the dark hairs at time of treatment but most came back eventually.

Aprilrain
08-23-2012, 06:21 AM
Laser did remove the dark hairs at time of treatment but most came back eventually.

Which is why I skipped laser on my face and stuck strictly with electro.
Laser seems to have worked pretty well on my legs though.

Frances
08-23-2012, 08:00 AM
I did a year of laser (LightShear) and about four years of electrolysis, at a cost of around $20,000.

Stephenie S
08-23-2012, 09:51 AM
I think you can count on at least two years, kiddo. With a couple of years of intermittent clean up after that.

CharleneT
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
all the time in the world... really, it takes years

Laura Evans
08-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Into my third year, since I have a thick beard it will take a while longer. Starting to see(feel) some results on the front of my chin.

Eryn
08-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm rather surprised at the variety of experiences we tend to have, but I think that results tend to be proportional to the efficiency of the electrologist and the amount of time spent. Knowing the number of months a person has been having treatments is only half the story. Do a half-hour a month and the process will take years. Do three hour sessions twice a week (as one of my electrologist's clients does) and things go a lot faster. The only limits are one's tolerance for discomfort and expense.