PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your posts and advice concerning Dr. visits

Jmichelle60
08-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Today I had my annual dermatologist appointment to check for skin cancer. I went dressed androgynously in all female clothing. In the past, I have just had to take off my shirt (leaving me in just shorts) and that would be fine for the body examination. That wasn't the case today! The nurse took down all my information and handed me one of the dreaded paper gowns. She told me to strip to my underwear and put on the gown leaving untied as she left the room. My eyes got BIG realizing I was wearing panties, but then I remembered what I had read here regarding Dr.'s office visits. So I stripped to my panties and put on the gown. I sat on the table adjusting the gown so that it covered me fairly well. In a of couple minutes a knock at the door and incomes the female nurse and the female PA to do the exam. The nurse had her back to me and was entering info into the computer as the PA relayed it to her. The PA did a quite thorough exam of my body. She even pulled the waistband of my panties back to check there also. To her credit, she never skipped a beat and was very cordial. She said everything looked fine, so we'll see you again next year.

Thanks for the encouraging posts regarding in Dr. visits that I have read on this forum. Something that I initially panicked over turned into a very pleasant experience.

Beverley Sims
08-22-2012, 07:12 PM
I am so glad it went well,doctors visits as far as being aprehensive is usually in the mind of the patient only.

Amy R Lynn
08-22-2012, 10:16 PM
I have to imagne that they have probably seen it all, and nothing really suprises them anymore. Not to mention, I would think that would be ver unprofessional of them to make light of anything about a patient

Barbara Ella
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Glad it went so well. So nice to work with professionals. had my physical two weeks ago (prostate posted elsewhere), and did not realize until afterward that I had a lot of residual polish on my toes (bad light at home I guess). My new doc never skipped a beat as he thoroughly checked over my feet for nerve sensitivity (diabetes). They are good people.

Barbara

Jamie001
08-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Glad it went so well. So nice to work with professionals. had my physical two weeks ago (prostate posted elsewhere), and did not realize until afterward that I had a lot of residual polish on my toes (bad light at home I guess). My new doc never skipped a beat as he thoroughly checked over my feet for nerve sensitivity (diabetes). They are good people.

Barbara

I never have to worry about this because whenever I visit my doctor, I am always wearing open-toe women's sandals with red polish on my toes. It is a good method of not having to worry about residual polish. :D