PDA

View Full Version : Getting Older Makes Us CD More

deebra
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
I read recently that when men reach the age of 40 they start to loose 5% of their testosterone every year there after, when they reach 55 seventy-five percent of their male testosterone is gone, so doing the math wouldn't this say that at 55 the male just might have more estrogen than testosterone or the scale has tipped to make him more feminine which might answer why some of our older members find the desire to CD more and be more feminine. Are CD's born with more estrogen than other males which makes us want to be feminine and enjoy the clothes and the female lifestyle. Is it really a blessing that other males don't have to "enjoy" all the wonderful things women have and do. Don't we truly enjoy buying some new female underwear, shoes and outerwear and can't weight to get home to try it on, what a happy and satisfying feeling it brings; just as I did today. I think being born a CD gives us more pleasure in this life the the ordinary male, I had rather be one than not, what do you say?

Crissy Kay
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
You may have a point. I do find myself dressing more lately, the older I get. Also when my SO is away, like currently, I spend as much time as I can being dressed up in my petticoats, etc., and enjoying my dressing time more then I did.

Keely
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
I too find that the older I get the more I want to and the more I do.:)

kimdl93
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Too many questions in one post. Let me address one. I suspect that testosterone levels have far less to do with CDing than does some much earlier developmental difference. I, like many of us, have known we we different from a very early age, per testosterone and after puberty we felt the same.

CATgirldo
08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am having that feeling that I simply MUST dress more at age 59, but I had my hormone levels tested last week. Still have a LOTS of testosterone. Slightly higher than Estrogen and I'm on hormones! Anyway, that seems to poke a major hole in that theory. You DO cite a generalization so I might speculate that it may be true for some but not true for others. Then again, I have never been "normal"... still, the hard evidence does not support your theory. Call me contrary.

CAT

Karren H
08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
when my testosterone levels dropped off my crossdressing just faded away.... when they were restored from successful treatment for one of my brain tumors .... my crossdressing came back with a vengeance ...

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi Deebra. I don't know about testosterone levels but being old and retired I just have a lot more time to dress now.

StacyCD
08-23-2012, 08:52 PM
I agree with Blue Orchid, my dressing has increased exponentially in the last few years (I'm eligible for 'senior' coffee at McDonald's).

linda.wai
08-23-2012, 08:57 PM
It's unrelated to testosterone. It's due to changes in life circumstances. At an older ages, those factors that checked and suppressed ones CD urges are gone - career goals, marriage, ideals etc.

Kate Simmons
08-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Not really born with more estrogen Hon, just more "Moxie". ;):)

JenniferR771
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
I think we enjoy wearing of feminine clothes. Panties are intense for the first few times. But as we get older it takes a bra and more items of feminine clothes to get the same "kick" out of the experience.

There is also probably an "extinction effect". I mean that after you wear femmy clothing for a few hours or on several different occasions...the erotic feeling is less. We need more clothes. We need hair. Cute shoes. Earrings. And more feminine makeup to get the same feeling.

Plus...after you retire--or get really relaxed about it--and wife knows...the fear of losing a job, the compulsion and need to hide crossdressing is a lesser concern. Closets get fuller; opportunities to dress more frequent.

sissystephanie
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Having been a widower for over 7 years and being 80 y/o, I have no idea what my testosterone level is! Nor do I care!! I do know that I dress enfemme more, simply because I like to and can do so! I do not get erotic feelings when wearing feminine clothing. I guess maybe I did when much younger, but that time has gone! Now I have way too many feminine clothes and shoes. I don't wear makeup or a wig or jewelry so certainly don't need any of that. I dress simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing. I have felt that way for most of my life, and my late wife knew it and totally supported my desires.

Emily359
08-24-2012, 12:10 AM
As a 27 year old, I can't speak from experience but I always just thought it was because older people (55+) start to look more androgynous in some ways. As facial skin wrinkles and sags, posture gets worse and muscle mass disappears, men and women don't look as dissimilar as they did earlier in life. That is, of course, partly because of hormone levels. It happens to both sexes, though, not just men.

Leslie Langford
08-24-2012, 01:09 AM
While I am sure that a drop-off in testosterone levels plays a significant part in this phenomenon, equally important is that we "seniors" finally come to realize that we have more years behind us than ahead of us, and that it is now or never. Call it the "Bucket list" syndrome if you will, and that was what finally drove me to start going out in public as "Leslie" about 5 years ago. My only regret now is that I didn't do sooner...

JohannaSophia
08-24-2012, 01:17 AM
The summer when I started tucking and wearing my mom's underwear while she was in town shopping was a highly erotically charged time. I was about 12 give or take a year.

After that interlude to many distractions arose until our children were all gone from home. By that time I was about 55 and really wanted to get girlie again. I told my wife about the pleasure of the original experience and resumed with her help.

I am not sure the hormones are a factor, it was more that some distractions were lifted and my wife and I had more opportunity to play.

Beverley Sims
08-24-2012, 02:29 AM
I think it is a natural progression as you go through life.
I dressed more between 17 and 30 when I looked like a girl.
Passing was something I did in a car.:)

Shari
08-24-2012, 05:30 AM
I am dressing much more as I age. It's definitely part of a later life "bucket list" as Leslie describes.
My testosterone is fine.
What is lacking for me is the intimacy I once shared with my wife. The dressing helps to fill that void. And yes, it's still very stimulating for me to get dressed.

Robynts
08-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Gawd, Emily, I sure hope that your description of getting old does not include me! Wrinkles, sags and posture, OMG??? Where is the nearest bridge I can jump off!

il.dso
08-31-2012, 09:06 PM
I too have had a phenomenal surge in my crossdressing desires as I've gotten older (I'm now 51).
I have several theories for why this is occurring, including access to ebay and this wonderful website.
However, these are just theories and I don't really have a solid explanation.
Just another confusing, challenging and wonderful aspect of the crossdressing journey and experience!

Janine cd
08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
I have found that the older that I get, the stronger is my desire to crossdress.

Leah Lynn
08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
After fighting it for all my life, I finally embraced it. In the early '50's, CD's were considered perverts and queers (my apologies to the gay community, that's the way it was!), and I hid it and tried to overcompensate to present as superman. With modern psychology, we understand more about it. Now we "Old Farts" have to catch up on all the years we hid in shame. Not speaking for everyone over 50, but it's my reason.

outhiking
08-31-2012, 10:51 PM
All I know is that the "experienced" gals on this forum give me hope as I always assumed that my crossdressing would go away as I aged. Now I see what I have to look forward to (I mean that sincerely).

Alice Torn
08-31-2012, 11:33 PM
I am 58, and know for sure, that about four years ago, my libido started going south. I have very little drive now.

IngeInCO
08-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Don't hormones change? We all get a bit more gentle as we age. Seems like we will have more desires to dress as we advance in life. We should embrace it!

MissTee
08-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Now that I'm in my mid 50's, I earn more and thus have access to ca$h to buy nice stuff that I really want to wear. Not any stronger desire. I can simply afford to self-facilitate and shop accordingly where as before I could not.

Cheryl T
09-01-2012, 04:22 AM
I don't feel that age or anything else makes us dress more. I think that as we age we realize more who we are and what is important to us and that we are less swayed by society and convention and more apt to walk our own path. At least that's true for me.

Jane G
09-01-2012, 05:20 AM
I'm not sure hormones has much to do with it. But since the kids left home and as my wife continues to gradualy accept my crossdressing, the changing situation means I can dress for more.:daydreaming:

Rachel05
09-01-2012, 09:09 AM
It is true for me and that is a fact, I thought it was becuase as I got older I became more accepting of who I am and that I stopped looking for excuses anymore, I just went with my dressing as part of me and I am happier for it, but maybe there are other factors at work too

STACY B
09-01-2012, 09:31 AM
I think it more along the lines of having alot more TIME on our hands ? When your young you got to go,,,go,,,go,,, Now we just sit back an take it easy,,Just watch your kids or younger people ,,, Always got some where to go,,, Think about it ,, Alot more CLOSE friends an alot more contact with Family ,,Like going to sporting events ,,Family functions ,, School events ,, An all the the stuff that comes with a young family . When ya did it all an it gets alot slower ,, An you have alot more time to sit back an see whats happening ,,Just my thought 's ,,I know when I was younger an raising a family it was easier to put it away because of all of lifes normal distractions . Once you have proven your self to yourself an all who matter whats left . Just live an be who you have been running from all along ? So I dont think hormones have alot to do with it more like Life in general . You will see that more younger chix will come an go with the tide but the older ones stay around .

jennylogan
09-01-2012, 09:47 AM
I've been cding over 43 years now. With an empty nest and no mortgage the time I spend en femme has skyrocketed. I dress daily now for at least 10 hours simply because the house is sans children and there is more money to buy all those girl things I couldn't afford before. It is the most wonderful thing because I have looked forward to this for so long. I might add it is with my SO's support and blessing so that is definitely a plus. I really don't think changes in hormones has a lot to do with it. I will admit that being en femme now has a much more relaxed and normal feel to it probably because I don't have nearly the restrictions on my time and having much more of a window of opportunity with just my wife and I at home. Also, after doing this practically all my life, it is second nature to wear these wonderful things and just accept this as part of my life.

linda allen
09-01-2012, 09:55 AM
I don't think we have enough information to say that as men age they want to CD more. Perhaps the ones who don't just don't bother joining or posting to a CD forum.

I think if there were a definitive "cause" for crossdressing, someone would be marketing a "cure".

Gena Gurl
09-01-2012, 10:05 AM
Well, I'm not sure what is happening with me, I am one of the older gals (63) and have just got back into CDing after a long absence. I do notice that my sexual excitement is not as intence as it used to be, as a matter of fact I'm hard pressed to get an erection (I think this is more from age than the dresssing). The good news is that I have never looked as good as I look now. I think it'a due in part to loosing muscle mass, I am thiner and able to get into smaller sizes and a plus I have some nice man boobs that I've always had, but now I embrace as they fill my C cup bra nicely. As far as loss of testosteron I realy don't know.

bimini1
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
I think in some cases testosterone actually may fuel the behavior even more. In my case I've found as I get older the urge seems to wane somewhat instead of get stronger. At 47 I certainly have less desire to do it than in my early 30s say.

Senior Dresser
09-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Gena, I am definately a senior citizen. I started very late in life and enjoy it very much. My man boobs have grown a little. I can wear a C cup if it is a padded bra. I love my male boobs and love them on other men. I don't know why some of the men that have them (gymnostia) want to get rid of them. I would take them if I could. I do have low testosterone so I do use a replacement. It is a gel to rub on the skin. Your photo is cute. Looks like you have panty hose on. Your knee seems to be saying "feel me" Roxanne

BRANDYJ
09-01-2012, 02:57 PM
I've read that somewhere too, (the older we are, the more the urge to dress). There could be a lot of reasons. And don't think it's true for everyone. I know that for me, when I am living with an SO, be it past wives or my present SO, I seem to want to dress more. Almost as if breathing the same air brings on the desire. For now, my SO lives 1200 miles away and I live alone. I dress less when I live alone then when with a love interest. It's been that way for me going back to even my early 20's, now 63. I think the more testosterone we have, the more we want to dress. Especially if our desire to dress is sexually based. I don't mean the exclusive reason, but if it's a turn on to dress. I just had my testosterone tested. The doctor said it was on the low side of normal. She would not give me replacement therapy that I think would help me in the energy department and maybe even help with the harder to get erections.
It might also be different for those of us that have been dressing since an early age as apposed to the late bloomers that did not start until mid life and beyond.

Launa
09-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm older and I feel like I'm in a Ferrari, stuck in 1st gear and wanting to hit the gas and start shifting gears!