PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of stopping CDing because I'm getting too big.

GinaM
08-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Not big as in fat but muscular. I've always been athletic and have always lifted weights. I had a major injury last year and I lost a ton of my muscle mass. Now, that I've been getting healthier I've been back at the gym hard and I'm looking silly in womens clothing because my arms and shoulders are so large and muscular. I even bought a couple of blazers and I can't even get my biceps into them. Might be time to hang up the high heels. I won't stop bodybuilding either because I love being strong and looking like a man when I'm in that mode. I just don't think I have any options of passing when I'm out and about. I'm going to try one other option and get a different type of top as someone else mentioned and see if that makes a difference. SIGH....

kimdl93
08-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Certainly having big arms and shoulders can be a problem if you're interested in passing. However, don't give up . You may need to adjust your wardrobe - avoid things like blazers and sleeveless tops, and boat neck tops that accentuate your shoulders. Look for flowing line shoulder lines - like raglan or dohlman sleeves. There are lots of other tips - Jessica Who has a number of really good suggestions on her web page.

Madam Rose
08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Be sure it's what you really want to do though. Just because you are getting stronger shouldn't mean anything. Look at it this way do you think anyone is gonna say ''HEY LOOK AT THAT GIRL'' to you seeing how built you are?

Karren H
08-24-2012, 08:30 AM
I've been back at the gym hard and I'm looking silly in womens clothing because my arms and shoulders are so large and muscular. ..

Bulgarian olympic female weight lifters would probably understand.....

Beverley Sims
08-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Don't give just adjust your look and fashion to suit.

Cynthia Anne
08-24-2012, 09:33 AM
If you can stop C-Ding because you are getting too ''big'' then many of us would of quit years ago!

linda allen
08-24-2012, 09:39 AM
You have to decide what's more important to you - big muscles or the feminine look. You can hide your body with certain types of clothing, but if that doesn't work, it's your choice, one or the other. I know what my choice would be. :heehee:

sterling12
08-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Instead of looking like three pounds of sausage in a two pound casing, why not drop that "about to pop look" for something a bit more symmetrical? Nobody ever thinks Olympic Swimmers look overdone, and then you can have two avocations, instead of one. I'd try something that gives you some cardiac benefits, like running or the aforementioned swimming. Eventually age and injuries will catch up with you, and I imagine you have seen enough Lifters who quit to know what your going to look like.

You'll abstain from dressing for awhile, but The Odds are about 99.99% that eventually you will go back to dressing. Next time you bust yourself up, it's just about guaranteed to make a reappearance. I wouldn't be counting on a clean break!

Peace and Love, Joanie

GeminaRenee
08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
I've meandered onto the fringes of this territory and fought with myself a bit over the potential implications. I'm not a BIG big guy, although the muscles were getting a bit bulky for a while. My choice was to refocus my working out, to shoot for a physique more inspired by gymnasts or MMA fighters. Ultimately, dressing and having a fit, muscular look when not dressed are two things that are too essential to my happiness to eliminate. So I compromised. Along the way, I've learned to dress so as not to emphasize the features that I don't wish to. Sometimes I am irritated that my shoulders are still a bit 'boxy' for my taste. But I can't have it all, I guess!

Personally, I'd advise seriously reconsidering quitting your dressing. In my experience, as well as what I've heard from others... it's likely going to lead to some unhappiness for you down the road. But, I understand the converse... not working out will likely do the same. That's why I advocate a compromise of some sort.

Good luck, and I hope things work out no matter what path you choose! (:

Elle1946
08-24-2012, 03:36 PM
In a lot of ways I wear female cloths not for how I look in them, but how I feel in them, both physically and mentally. They feel good on and in my mind.

GinaM
08-24-2012, 07:00 PM
I think in a lot of ways suppressing the urge to dress would be a good thing. Ive gone years before without giving it any thought. As for compromising, i would rather have broad shoulders and bigger arms and be stronger than look frail and femanine all the time. Guess i live a double life.

RADER
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Just do not become a couch potato, That would be a lot worst.
Rader

GinaM
08-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I will never be a couch potato as i work out all the time and work in the fitness profession. Im thinking CDing for me in the winter will work because a coat will hide my massive shoulders and arms.

jackie k
08-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Hi gina
I've tried stopping many times myself, for whatever reasons, and it never ends. I've never tried stopping cuz I thought I looked silly, although I'm quite sure I do. I keep dressing cuz I love how I feel, inside. And that makes me feel pretty. No matterwhat the mirror says.

Stephanie47
08-25-2012, 03:39 PM
I've see many plus size women who are attractively and tastefully attired. It is a matter of hiding perceived flaws. There are many flowing dresses that are pretty. I know when I see these women, they are aware of their weight problems and seek to still look great. There are many men who are attracted to plus size women. I'd say going to the on line retailers for plus sizes and see what's pretty. A flowing dress will mask the customary large chest and arms and narrower waist. And, don't forget how sensuous the fabrics are for floor length nightgowns.

BLUE ORCHID
08-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi Gina, The best thing to do is adjust your clotheing because your not going to quite.

Love2Dress
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I've tried many times, it's impossible. It doesn't matter if you don't pass, if you're already out, you'll be used to, 'being out', so it shouldn't be a problem

Julie Denier
08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm 6-2 and 300#. I'm working on the weight, but I don't ever expect to pass. I just like dressing up.

katie_barns
08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
I think I would find some other way of dealing with my size. Most that try to stop, can't. I suppose it all depends on how important dressing is to you and what part it plays in your life. If your size is really that out of character for a female you might want to just limit to colder weather or times when you can hide your size under clothing

RADER
08-31-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm 6-2 and 300#. I'm working on the weight, but I don't ever expect to pass. I just like dressing up.

You can count me on the same band wagon; I will never pass, but I like to dress.
Rader

Tracii G
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Its not the size its the presentation.Work with what you have, shouldn't be all that hard.

suchacutie
08-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the club of trying to hide broad shoulders and bulging biceps! Doleman sleeves, komono-style tops, and V-necks with necklaces all can go a long way in diverting attention from your muscles!

Just takes a bit of imagination :)

Audrey34
09-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Gina, I've seen some pretty muscular GG's in my time. One of my closest female friends has beautifully muscular upper arms and shoulders. And she doesn't worry about that at all.
-Audrey

Astarte108
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Not big as in fat but muscular. I've always been athletic and have always lifted weights. I had a major injury last year and I lost a ton of my muscle mass. Now, that I've been getting healthier I've been back at the gym hard and I'm looking silly in womens clothing because my arms and shoulders are so large and muscular. I even bought a couple of blazers and I can't even get my biceps into them. Might be time to hang up the high heels. I won't stop bodybuilding either because I love being strong and looking like a man when I'm in that mode. I just don't think I have any options of passing when I'm out and about. I'm going to try one other option and get a different type of top as someone else mentioned and see if that makes a difference. SIGH....

I am a cross-dressing bodybuilder. I am hugely muscular, and I love to dress and get feminine - feminine with muscles. The more muscle I grow the more feminine I grow too. Since I've come out to myself and my wife, I've also become leaner, and I've focused a bit more on my butt and legs, but still my favorite thing is to blow up my arms and chest. So while I see the potential conflict or inconsistency, my lived experience is synergy.

lavistaa62
09-14-2012, 05:27 PM
What bothers me the most is "man shoulder movement"- what is the solution? My shoulders seem fixed and hulky- it seems they just rock back and forth highlighting my monkey arms.... So when I walk it's not fluid or graceful- but like someone who's carrying a giant piece of firewood- stiff and unnatural!

It bothers me but I'm not sure what the best way to get rid of it is- I'm sure the process is gradual and requires time and effort but how do I start and what exercises or steps can help me free the relaxed and graceful image I'd like to project (whether male or female in nature). All ideas gratefully appreciated.

StephanieC
09-14-2012, 06:16 PM
I've seen plenty of women who like to do body-building as well. I have a friend at work whose arms are incredible. I don't think women who work on their body try to hide it.