PDA

View Full Version : Sad

Jenna1561
11-20-2005, 03:46 AM
Hi everyone,

I used to be a regular poster here, but haven't for quite some time, though I've stayed in the shadows and visited weekly.

About 2 months ago, my employer changed (same job, just contracted out) and with that my work schedule. Previously I had every other Friday off and would use that day to dress and go out during the day.

Now, I work Monday through Friday and don't have an opprtunity to dress. I am mariied with 4 school age children and still very much in the closet.

I have always been a big girl and was down to a size 20 this summer, but alas, with the job change and lack of opportunities to dress, I started eating and have ballooned up to a 26 in 2 months. I have decided to get control of my eating habits, AGAIN! and start losing weight, get back down to fit in my clothes, when I can somehow find a time to dress.

Anyway, just wanted to vent my frustrations.

Love,

Jenna

Kimberly
11-20-2005, 05:13 AM
Awww, hunny. Usually now you'd get replies telling you to do this or that, or come out or something --

But I can't think of anything! Apart from pull the occassional "sicky"? :p

Hope your situation becomes better soon. Does you wife know?

xx

Monique_Lynn
11-20-2005, 06:02 AM
Hang in there!!!! I can relate to the job thing, as my work days are at a min of 10 hrs but usually longer which leaves little time for other things.
Fortunate to have a supportive SO/wife so when the day is over I can have a shower and slip into something comfy.
Don't get to check in here often during the week but try to catch up on the weekends, Don't post very often either as it seems sometimes that I just plain miss out on the conversations as by the time I read them they are usually older posts.
ginger

Adrianne
11-20-2005, 07:23 AM
Hello Jenna, hang in there sweetie, you will get the chance again very soon.
Keep your chin up and be brave, i know the feeling about not being able to dress as i went though it for 4 years until June of 2004.
If you want to talk anytime you can always im pr pm me.

All my love and hugs.

Wendy me
11-20-2005, 07:51 AM
good to hear from you ....stick with it i lose a lot of pounds this year and it is not easy to do ... and it takes a lot of work to keep it off ...hang in there girlfreind you can do it....

Billijo49504
11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi Jen, Sorry for the change in your work sheds. I got two suggestions, and neither one is easy. The first is some counciling, not easy to bare your soul, but it might help. The second is to look into baratric surgery. It worked for me. I lost 175 lbs and I am no more a diabetic. I know a lot of people who are very happy with the results. I figure the surgery saved my life...BJ

Marla GG
11-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Hi Jenna,

Aw, honey, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling down. :hugs:

So your wife doesn't know about your dressing? I'm sure she senses that there's something wrong. I realize that this is a stressful time in your life and you aren't feeling very good about yourself, so it might not be the best time to think about telling her, but you know, there's a chance if she understood the reasons behind your depression and weight gain, she would be sympathetic and help you find a way to dress occasionally. But you know her best, so that's a judgment only you can make.

I understand how being overweight can be hard on your self esteem. If you were down to a size 20 before, you can be there again. Don't give up on yourself; you're a real sweetheart and you need to believe that things will get better. Come back here and vent any time you need to. If you can't dress, at least you can think about it, talk about it, and make some plans for the future!

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Awww, Jenna, I'm so sorry hear you're feeling blue. I've struggled with my weight as well, so I can empathize. But if you did it before, I'm sure you can do it again. Just hang in there.

As Marla said, maybe it's a sign that it's time to come out to your wife at an appropriate time. Obviously, that could cause more stress, so it's a decision only you can make. But if she's supportive, you could have someone to help you through things. Just something to think about...

Just remember we're here for you and can help you be the girl of your dreams.

Shannon
11-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Jenna -- how frustrating things can be! I'm another example of when stress and frustration, especially from work, build up, I head to the chocolate....then spend the next couple of months trying to burn it off.

One day at a time, hun.

TGMarla
11-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Boy, too bad it's so much easier to put it on than it is to take it off! And so much more fun, too! But we believe in you, dear! That rallying cry you hear is us cheering you on. I was bloating myself silly, and lost 10 pounds just cutting the junk food out. Miserable, yes, but do-able. You go, lady! And cheer up. Life could be worse. You could be all drab all the time.

Oh, and by the way, you have a pretty face.

:cheer: :love:

Jenna1561
11-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks girls,

I truly appreciate the support - I WILL lose that weight again.

As for my wife, no she doesn't know, and I am slowly leading her in the direction of discovery.

I rarely wear men's undershorts - almost exclusively panties. I told her they fit better, feel nicer, and look way better than the manly version.

I also wear colored nail polish on my toes all the time - told her it just looks nicer and hides my ugly nails, lol. I also wear clear polish on my finger nails just about all the time.

So, I am hopeful, that eventually I can share, but it is probably still in the future.

Again, Thanks girls for all the support.

Love,

Jenna

Stephanie Brooks
11-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Jenna!

Wow, it *has* been awhile. I always enjoyed your posts. ^_^

Let me say something about size. I used to work with a large woman. She was married, had three beautiful daughters as I recall, and I found her *very* attractive. You see, she didn't try to dress as a waif. She did try to dress in a way that complemented her figure. Moreso, she was a very positive person, a hard worker, and was generally a decent person.

We all have our demons. Frustrations notwithstanding, weight doesn't make you a good or bad person. It's how you live, how you treat others that matters.

I hope you'll post more again! I missed seeing you around.

*BIG WARM HUGGLES*