PDA

View Full Version : Opening a new dialog with my wife

Diana L
08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
My wife has known about my crossdressing since before we were married over 30 years ago and has been mostly tolerant. I have struggled with it my whole life in my effort to accept who I am. It has caused a lot of problems in our marriage and I have been on drugs for depression and have seen several therapists. With the help of my MD and therapist I think I have finally made a breakthrough and can now can finally accept that I am transgendered. My therapist has helped me to see how unhappy I have been and that I need to discuss it with my wife. I love my wife dearly and haven't wanted to hurt her feelings so I have spent several months trying to figure out how to approach it. I finally hit on the idea of researching the web for transgender, gender identity, and gender dysphoria sites. I talked to her this morning and she is going to do some reading and then we will sit down and talk. I don't see surgery for me but I do want to be more open about the woman inside of me trying to get out.
I will post more after we talk.

Diana L

Sandra
08-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Diana you could also suggest that she joins here and chats with other wives/partners in FAB a section just for us.

I how things go ok for you both. :hugs:

Beverley Sims
08-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Sandra has it correct but you could encourage her to read some replies to your other posts to arouse her curiosity first.
This way she learns to navigate the site first.

RADER
08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes, Have your Wife join and read up on CDing.
We do not bite, and most of us are real good partners.
Just ask my wife.
Rader

bridget thronton
08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
You two should talk - she will find great support among the wonderful ladies who post in the Females at Birth forum and well as in the other forms here

BLUE ORCHID
08-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Hi Diana, I'm trying to work on the same thing keep us advised.