PDA

View Full Version : My Insurance adjuster got a treat

bobbimo
08-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I had a shed on my property destroyed during the last storm in June.
I have been taking things out of the shed,, photographing them, labeling them, and finding replacement values.
The other night I sent the whole mess to him and the photos were 19M worth.
Too big for one email.
So I broke out all the pics sorted them on my desktop and put them in 3 emails.
So yesterday I got a call from the adjuster, and he was commenting on one of the items in email 3 that clearly didn't look damaged, and actually looked very nice.
My defenses were up because I knew everything in the shed I took pictures of was in bad shape. I clicked through the folders and then in email 3 was my profile picture!
Oops. I apologized and he made a few more nice comments and I had to tell him it was my best friend, and I had to direct the conversation back to business before he wanted me to hook him up.
Just a funny tale from life in Bobbi's world
Enjoy

Erina
08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Wups:). That is so funny!
Thank you for sharing that!!

and I had to direct the conversation back to business before he wanted me to hook him up.
Good move;)

Ain't it nice getting compliments

Cynthia Anne
08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
That's quite funny indeed! I bet that ''one item'' didn't have a replacement price on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marleena
08-24-2012, 05:23 PM
That's an oops moment..lol. I think he likes your friend!:heehee:

Jolene Robertson
08-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Thats too funny, Maybe he wanted to adjust more than your insurance claim...

Lorileah
08-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Of course professionally he should have just ignored it. But he replied to you on it. Now unless he is not the brightest diamond in the tennis bracelet he knows it is you. And he was "fishing". So nothing will become of it but he also knows you don't always tell the truth so he may question your values on your replacements now. Hmmmm....quandry

Diversity
08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Good one, Bobbi, but I bet he can see through this, and knows it is your photo and not your best friend's photo. By his making comments, he is opening himself up as well. I'd stay a bit guarded when dealing with him, as by making the comments he left his professionalism behind him. Thanks for sharing this and good luck to you with your insurance claim.
Di

RADER
08-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I have called Oops' Like that, Senior Moments. That seems to make it all better.
Great job telling him that it was a friend.
Rader

BLUE ORCHID
08-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi Bobbi, Do you really think that he bought it ??

I always send the E-mail to my self first proof read it then resend it.

GaleWarning
08-24-2012, 11:34 PM
19M? Oh, not $19,000,000
Another senior moment.
:-)

Tracii G
08-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I have sent some document filles to my ins co and one pic I had on another CD site got emailed by mistake because it was saved in my documents.
She did ask me about it when I came in to pick up my settlement check.
I fessed up and it was no big deal we both had a good laugh.

bobbimo
08-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Erina
It is a pleasure to get some one to compliment you.
I bought that dress and knew I had to wear pantyhose to complete it, but the weather etc was always wrong. Then one night the stars aligned and I was extremely pleased with how it all came out.
And to get to show it off is always special.
Bobbi

bobbimo
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Rader.
There are no senior moments!
The stars and destiny make the right things happen at the right time.
Thats my story and I'm stickin with it.
:-)
Bobbi

bobbimo
08-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Clayfish.
Dont I wish it was $19M.
This gurl would NOT be shopping on Ebay and on the 99.99% racks any more!
Thanks
Bobbi

Beverley Sims
08-26-2012, 04:16 PM
There are a lot of Oops moments in CD city this has been one of them. :)