PDA

View Full Version : What are you supposed to be?

Brittany CD
08-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I've often seen crossdressing as being thematic, and each guy that crossdresses has his own theme. Some of us go for the sexy look, frequently wearing revealing clothes, showing cleavage, and always wearing heels. Others wear black hair, put on leather outfits and bracelets with studded spikes and become metal girls. Many frequently dress formally, always wearing dresses good for an evening out, and others dress like people with various professions like teacher or nurse.

So for you, what are trying to be? What is this girl you become? Is she a reflection of you, your view of women, or the kind of women you prefer? Is there any particular allure to being the kind of woman you dress as as opposed to any other?

I've always been more of a friendly and romantic girl, often dressing casually, much like most girls. I don't do sexy poses, nor do I try to be sexy. I dress like the everyday girl, probably because those are the ones I like and have hung out with my whole life

And I like a smile :)

bridgetta
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
i am a fashionista .. but.. im realizing its not what im sposed to be. its what i am.. and furthermore.. we really are our own thing. not like any other group./. its not so much about sex its just about being.. we all know that already. but it deserves to be said as often as possible.

andrea35
08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
I like to be the everyday girl one that dresses casual, but still looks pretty like a school teacher.

GeminaRenee
08-24-2012, 06:57 PM
My casual look is about that of a average girl-next-door my age. I wasn't sure about my dressed up, going out kind of look, but now it's starting to be realized as a sexy girl with a bit of a rock influence. Growing up, I was rather influenced by glam rock, so that sort of edge comes out in me a bit as I dress. Besides, I've got tats, so I decided to play to them rather than fight them.

I wouldn't say that I am my ideal woman to date or anything. Nor would I say that my femme self is my mental image of what women should be. The final product just comes out the way it does because it's an extension of me. But I will say, the things I choose to wear are the things I wish the women I date would pick out on their own. Sadly, there's a bit of a divide there, but that's ok - if the girl I date won't wear something, I can instead!

Allisa
08-24-2012, 07:21 PM
At home it's casual, and when I decide to go out it's classic feminine for my age and destination.I guess that's the kind of woman I would have been if born female.
Lisa

Cynthia Anne
08-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I guess I dress casual unless it's a doctors appointment then I dress more ''dress-up'' with a skirt or dress!

Thera Home
08-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I prefer formal and elegant w/o the long dress.:daydreaming:

Thera

AnnaBMarie
08-24-2012, 07:39 PM
This question seems to come up a lot in different forms. Having just come from the mall, the majority of GG's were dressed in sweats and athletic shoes with no makeup or jewelry. I don't think trying to replicate that look is what most of us are after.

I like skirts and hose and heels because those make me feel more feminine. Most of the clothes I buy are what I think I would wear if I really were a girl. Granted, it's very hard to find nicely designed pieces in 1X or XL, so assembling an outfit is somewhat more difficult. Adding to the complexity is the pressure to get in and out of the women's department quickly! If I had a couple hours to shop and try different things on it would be far easier.

I think I'm trying to be pretty, a little sexy, and enjoy the feeling of satin and nylon. How does that sound?

Keely
08-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Gosh, I guess I run the gamut. I like sexy but casual too.
So is my avatar one or the other or both.

Megan Briana
08-24-2012, 07:48 PM
I am going for that thirty something- with a touch of my twenties just because i can-casual, lets go have a fun day out- type of look.... Some cute and lil sexy jeans, with a cute top maybe layered, and shoes as the day dictates. That is my ambition and end result. Glam has never really been me, but i will say that i really think the fashions of the twenty-something are awfully cute ( not the ****ty looking ones, but the college look). But hey thats me :)

busker
08-24-2012, 07:52 PM
This question seems to come up a lot in different forms. Having just come from the mall, the majority of GG's were dressed in sweats and athletic shoes with no makeup or jewelry. I don't think trying to replicate that look is what most of us are after.

I like skirts and hose and heels because those make me feel more feminine. Most of the clothes I buy are what I think I would wear if I really were a girl. Granted, it's very hard to find nicely designed pieces in 1X or XL, so assembling an outfit is somewhat more difficult. Adding to the complexity is the pressure to get in and out of the women's department quickly! If I had a couple hours to shop and try different things on it would be far easier.

I think I'm trying to be pretty, a little sexy, and enjoy the feeling of satin and nylon. How does that sound?

try these places:
www.monroandmain.com
www.womanwithin.com
www.midnightvelvet.com
www.ashro.com\
you'll find, flashy, dressy, sexy, etc.

Davena Doll
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I don't know what I dress as, you tell me. I dress in red pom poms in my red hair pulling up my pig tails, in a pink blouse and pink mini skirt with my white corset on the out side, white thigh highs with pink bows, metal studed black stileto platforms with leather lacing up to my knees and a 2 inch wide belt and arm gaunttlets to match.

wilt575
08-24-2012, 08:26 PM
At home it's casual, and when I decide to go out it's classic feminine for my age and destination.I guess that's the kind of woman I would have been if born female.
Lisa

Same thing for me not into a lot of makeup wigs or such, at home always casual, when out try to blend just average girl not sexy like i am available. Usually jeans, sweats, yoga and shorts with tees etc.

daarleane
08-24-2012, 08:27 PM
I just prefer casual, anything so long as I feel pretty "which I'm not". If I wanted to be drab, well then we know what I would wear. I just don't go places where I would dress formally.

BLUE ORCHID
08-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Katie, With my large collection I can be any style that I want to be.

bridget thronton
08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Casual dresses or skirts and tops or skirt suits are my style it seems

Kaz
08-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I really haven't thought about it that much... I just get stuff that looks right to me and mix and match... members who see my pics will no doubt see a certain style... but I haven't really thought it through... I do like to wear ridiculously short skirts though! But I also dress to try to pass!

Marleena
08-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Katie I just try to be me. I try to blend and dress conservatively like women my age.

Sometimes at home I just have to throw on a miniskirt and go against the grain. I love miniskirts but I also know I'm too old to wear them in public. *sigh*.

Kaz
08-24-2012, 09:37 PM
I love miniskirts but I also know I'm too old to wear them in public. *sigh*.

Nonsense Marleena! Get out there! Get liberated!

I also do frumpy... I don't have a defined 'look'... I just do it! :heehee:

Marleena
08-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Well you're rockin' the miniskirt Kaz! I'm not so brave I think.

katie_barns
08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Katie I just try to be me. I try to blend and dress conservatively like women my age

That's about where I fit in. I don't really go for a certain look. I border on the boring.

NathalieX66
08-24-2012, 11:06 PM
That's about where I fit in. I don't really go for a certain look. I border on the boring.

Katie,go as you go....just be you.

Candice Mae
08-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Just your average 25 year old girl, although she is a little bit of a metal head.

paulaprimo
08-24-2012, 11:40 PM
as i'm still in the closet, i tend to dress sexy. :heehee: but i have gone broke, expanding my wardrobe with much more conservative clothes for when i do venture out. i don't believe that "sexy" is the theme for a first time trip into the public!! :D

marleena and kaz, you both have great legs and always look wonderful, and i hope to be in the place where you ladies are now, very soon!! :)

Midari
08-24-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm totally into the goth scene, so generally I like to dress up in a pretty gothy way. Pale foundation, dark lipstick and eyeshadow, black hair, dark clothes... Fun stuff like that.

Tracii G
08-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm casual 90% of the time.
Dress up 10% of the time.Both pics no make up BTW which I call 3/4 mode.
Just the plain CD next door.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/007-1.jpg
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/014-1-1.jpg

Diane Smith
08-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Owner of a trendy art gallery, who wants to look well put together and cutting-edge at the same time, but may occasionally need to pop into the bank or attend a business meeting. After hours she amps up the jewelry and makeup and hangs out at the clubs.

It's not really my lifestyle, but that's the look I'm going for.

- Diane

Sarah Doepner
08-25-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm slowly getting closer to casual, but I still overdress a little I think.

Contessa
08-25-2012, 01:15 AM
I was not really a fun loving person when out, at home its different. So I make sure I am much more lively. I dress to be that way casual but not my guy age. I'm 47 so how ever I dress is based on that I think. My guy self is 60. So I really dress different than he.

I am glad you asked this. I mix clothing not fashion I love skirts and heels but I am pretty sure I dress for the type of person (woman/girl/lady) I want. My wife is a plain jane. I like flashy and glamour but I wont go that far. I don't want to get picked up when out.

Tess

Jenniferpl
08-25-2012, 03:47 AM
casual all the way. Legging or capris combined with a casual tops anytime. Dresses not so often.

Kate Simmons
08-25-2012, 07:17 AM
What I'm supposed to be is myself. A bit tomboyish, a bit coquettish. I am a ham of sorts and love to act.I can talk about lingerie in one breath and sports in the next.Dress to the nines and smoke a ceegar. That is me, however. Take it or leave it.:)

melissakozak
08-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Dress as YOU feel comfortable. Yes, this is about YOU. Be YOU.

BRANDYJ
08-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Would you ask a GG what's she supposed to be? My style of dress varies just like a GG's style of dress will vary depending on where she is going be it to work, a club, a wedding, or whatever else she may be doing.
I'm supposed to be me and dress to please me and or my SO depending on what I'm/we are doing.

Sarasometimes
08-25-2012, 08:19 AM
A classic feminine 50+ year old except when I want to be someone else. I dress to blend, sort of a conformist but with a handbag that has POP! Good thread.

PretzelGirl
08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I lean towards dressing as any woman would on a daily basis. My few times that a might get away from that are when I am going to meetings that are not public. Even when going to Diva Las Vegas, there are plenty of opportunities for dressing up along with casual activities, so I just conform to the event. You can come up with a lot of variety for any occasion, you just have to let the creative juices flow.

Raychel
08-25-2012, 09:06 AM
I usually like to dress up a bit. Not into the casual look. More dressed for a nice dinner out. Or a trip the the opera. Not over the top dressy. But far from the casual look.

rachel38
08-25-2012, 09:23 AM
I dress casual most of the time sneakers tight jeans & shirt but would like to dress sexy tight low cut top short skirt & heels.

~Joanne~
08-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I usually go for whatever I feel like at the time. Very seldom is it a casual look, I am more about dresses and skirts :)

kimdl93
08-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I've always been more of a friendly and romantic girl, often dressing casually, much like most girls. I don't do sexy poses, nor do I try to be sexy. I dress like the everyday girl, probably because those are the ones I like and have hung out with my whole life

And I like a smile :)

That pretty much describes me too

bobbie c
08-25-2012, 10:30 AM
marleena...I second what kaz said...and you both look great,as do the others in this thread....I dress for me and i lean towards edgy,and fun. when we go to a club I dress for that...love minis, boots... tight jeans etc....again for me....main thing is I am good if I can look in the mirror and not run away screaming...at home casual...Im a fun person, so I guess thats what I reflect.....

Fordgurl
08-25-2012, 11:01 AM
I, like most seem to keep it casual as well, slim jeans and t's and tanks, skirts etc. But occasionally I go on the other side as I dress in latex sometimes. That brings a whole new level of fun :P

docrobbysherry
08-25-2012, 11:30 AM
And, I seem to want to be them ALL!:D

Because I'm a closet dresser, when I see an attractive female and want to copy her look, I USUALLY TRY!:daydreaming:

Sherry is just about 15 y/o. So, she prefers to dress young. However, my taste in pretty young women tends to run toward the 20 to 40 y/olds. :battingeyelashes:

Blanding? Yes! When I must go out in vanilla land!:sad:

Beverley Sims
08-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Back in the olden days when I was twenty, it was tight dresses with hems 6inches above the knee.
I am fair skinned and my hair was golden blond. Wigs were the same and still are blond.
Black does not suit at all.I looked like a bombshell and this is why the girls liked dressing me up.
As a guy I sorta looked like a guy but as a girl, I was a bombshell and could not be recognized.
These days more conservative and the transformation is nowhere as complete as it was then.

StarrOfDelite
08-25-2012, 03:44 PM
A tall, thin, angular WASP woman who took The Preppy Handbook way too seriously.

sometimes_miss
08-25-2012, 09:47 PM
I feel like I'm a fourteen year old girl, and I'm stuck there. For why, you'll have to read my bio, link in my sig.

lexie89
08-25-2012, 10:08 PM
um idk what to say about my personality but even since i have known myself i liked to stand out and have people look at me now i do not know if this is right or wrong but i enjoy it very much when people are staring at me :daydreaming:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2nc2tf4.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/30igbrn.jpghttp://i47.tinypic.com/11hwk6f.png

AllieSF
08-25-2012, 10:21 PM
I like the classy chic style, whatever that means. I want to be noticed, not as a poorly dressed woman but as a stylishly dressed CD. I definitely do not hide who I am while out. I like to try different fabrics, colors, textures from casual (not the sloppy tee shirt/sweatshirt look with jeans, but with a nice top and jeans, shorts, Capri's), to professional look, to sharp dressing women's look, to short leather skirts dark nylons and heals. I like short skirts but try to use them when I am in the corresponding venue. I like longer flowing skirts just below the knee because they really do look good on the reformatted me. I sometimes wear tailored slacks that any woman may wear to a professional office for work. Most of my skirts are just above the knees. I only have a few dresses that I hardly wear, but am looking for more that will encourage and motivate me to wear them. I refuse to dress the sometimes recommended "age appropriate" styles. I am just not my age in male or female mode.

JenniferR771
08-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I like to dress like the weather girl on TV. Or better yet, Savannah Gutherie on the Today show. And maybe Vanna White. Heels and dresses...especially back zipper sheath dresses.

GinaD
08-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I try to get the look of women I prefer, which usually means showing as much skin as possible, sexy makeup, high heels, long wigs, short shorts and skirts, the works. I get kinda ****ty sometimes, to be honest. I try not to take it too over the top in public though. At home, anything goes.

prene
08-26-2012, 12:20 AM
I use to want to look very feminine and curvy.

Well I have been getting more and more casual, I just want to feel feminine.
I want to feel my breasts (attached forms), wear a corset ... which gives me the feminine walk and tuck well.
When I tuck well I feel as though I have nothing between my legs.

So I can wear a nice top, gg jeans and feel great.

Janine cd
08-26-2012, 10:05 PM
I love wearing sweaters and long skirts but sometimes I'm tempted to wear a short skirt and blouse with high heels or boots.

Cheryl T
08-27-2012, 06:48 AM
So for you, what are trying to be? What is this girl you become? Is she a reflection of you, your view of women, or the kind of women you prefer? Is there any particular allure to being the kind of woman you dress as as opposed to any other?

I'm only trying to be me. I don't become anyone, this is who I am.
There is no reflection, no simulation of any other female, she is simply me.
I don't dress as anyone else. I wear what I like and feel comfortable in and what expresses how I feel at that particular moment in time.

Leyna
08-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm a 20 y/o girl inside, so I want to wear sexy little things. And I do when I'm alone. But I look like my mother, and like my mother, I'm not 20 anymore. I can still pull off short-shorts and mini's though, as long as they aren't tooooo mini. Mom's legs have aged well also. lol.

krissy
08-27-2012, 09:49 AM
I like to dress like everyday girl .but just like womwn i like to dress sexy,formal sleep wear just depends on my mood

GrayGirl83
08-29-2012, 11:12 PM
I like to go for cute nerd but I think I lean more towards trashy and about 10 years older looking than I am :/

Krystalina
08-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Since I wear glasses, the "nerd" aspect will always be there. But the image I'm going for will be part goth, part rocker-chick, and part valley-girl. I want to have big, flamboyant hair in bizarre colors(not all the time), and probably experiment here and there.

That would go for fashion as well. Huge fan of stripper heels*shrugs* and short shorts, but for normalcy sake, I would probably wear jeans and t-shirts(I love t-shirts with messages, and I'm one of the biggest anime and superhero comic otaku on the planet). The only problem I would have is shoes...I wear a size 13(mens), and would kill for some actual platform sneakers(like some cute Sketcher Shape-ups), and some freaking actual platform flip-flops(as opposed to the plain, ugly male flip-flops).

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 12:37 AM
I would love to dress like this.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/VixenentirebandResized.jpg

GrayGirl83
08-30-2012, 01:01 AM
I'd love to try higher heels but I'm 6'2" already :(

JohannaSophia
08-30-2012, 01:11 AM
I prefer to have as little on as possible to support the feminine look. If I was young and not as tall I could see trying to be as Carmen Carrera so I obviously like the s----y look.

NicoleScott
08-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Everything over the top.

April_Ligeia
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Interesting way to look at it. I just wear what appeals to me, the same thing I do in 'guy mode.'

sonna
08-30-2012, 12:59 PM
i got a wide range of styles ive got hot pink sparkles to just plain colors and every thing inbetween
i guess depends on my mood.

StacyChambers
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I started off with both "short, tight & sexy" and formalwear. Now I'm most comfortable with "cute with a hint of sexy". I do still go for formalwear though - didn't give that up!

Love2Dress
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM
When I start fully dressing, I want to strive for the Madonna look or Sophie Ellis Bextor, she looks great with her high heels and those dresses she wears

STACY B
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM
How about unseen Fat Lady in the crowd ? That would be just fine with me !

Angie Sweet
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I love to wear the too short too tight too sexy kind of clothes. It looks just fine in pictures, not so good when seen from all angles like in real life. I just don't have the body for those clothes. So I am working on a wardrobe that has more conservative clothes with just a hint of sexy.

Wildaboutheels
08-31-2012, 02:14 AM
What am I supposed to be?

A man on a mission perhaps. Just a small effort to get people to think outside the box. Casual, just heels and shorts year round.

Cept once a year, the gloves come off and the sky is the limit on National CD day. AKA Halloween.

61 days to go.

Claire Cook
08-31-2012, 05:18 AM
I just want to fit in and be comfortable, and be treated like any other middle-aged woman. So most of time it's casual, especially down here in Florida. At 69, miniskirts, hot pants and tight slacks just won't do it!

MissTee
08-31-2012, 10:08 PM
If I had to pick one word to describe it would be "mainstream." Nothing gothic or whorish ever. Nature girl, free spirit, fun/flirty , fashionable, and occasional cocktail party-ish are my styles and mostly mood driven.