PDA

View Full Version : It took a mannequin to remind me how different Suzy is.

suzy1
08-24-2012, 09:49 PM
I was passing my local woman’s clothes shop today and started widow shopping again [I only do this occasionally, like twice a day!] and they have two mannequins now, one sitting and a new one that’s standing.
The one standing had a lovely dress just like one that I have. A fitted wiggle dress in red, very plain but very feminine. Length is just above the knee with a zip up the back. [Stop rambling and get to the point Suzy]

Anyway, I got to thinking of all the men I know and have known.
I then tried to imagine any one of them having the slightest interest in that shop window and the thought was just silly.

I walked home with I smile on my face. I really love being different. I really love being me.:)

SUZY

CarlaWestin
08-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Hmmm? Mannequin! I've been thinking about getting one of those styrofoam heads for my wigs but, now you've given me an idea. How about a mannequin in my office to not only wear my favorite wig but wear my favorite outfit! Wow!

Cynthia Anne
08-24-2012, 10:09 PM
That's the way it suppose to be Suzy! It's a great life when you love yourself! Hugs!

Jeanna
08-24-2012, 11:25 PM
And it took a dummy to point that out to ya.

he he just kidding :)
Jeanna

paulaprimo
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
and i love you for always being you!! :battingeyelashes:

docrobbysherry
08-25-2012, 12:12 AM
OMG! So, THAT'S the correct way to spell "manikin"! I always wondered!

Kate Simmons
08-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Men may surprise you sometime with their sense of romance Hon. They may stare and stare at a dress in a window imagining how it would look on their lady.:battingeyelashes::)

Kelley
08-25-2012, 07:51 AM
That is a great story Suzy, I have just recently started to enjoy being me and to embrace my differences.

linda allen
08-25-2012, 09:38 AM
So why is is a "Mannequin" when it represents a female? Why isn't it called a "Womnequin" ? :devil:

Since I've dressing around my wife and shopping with her, I find that I spend more time observing the outfits, hairstyles, and shoes of women passing by instead of just looking at their figures.

And yes, I'll stop and look at the displays in the windows.

kimdl93
08-25-2012, 09:46 AM
We do have an advantage in being able to appreciate things that most men will never understand.

BLUE ORCHID
08-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Suzy , It's ok Your ramblings are always good ramblings go for it so we all can fantasize with you.

StarrOfDelite
08-25-2012, 05:01 PM
The thing about mannequins is that they are usually constructed with an exaggerated Barbie Doll shape, long-legged, wasp-waisted, and full busted, which no genetic human being, male or female, could ever come close to attaining. The ex-wife with whom I'm friendly is 5-7 and weighs 180 pounds, not too atypical for a 55 y.o. American woman, and she resents the damn things. She knows I crossdress, although we don't make it a subject of much conversation, and laughs at me when I complain about the unrealistic aspirations which mannequins create.

Kaz
08-25-2012, 05:07 PM
We do have an advantage in being able to appreciate things that most men will never understand.

So true Kim! A lot of years ago, I was at a work 'event' and an elderly colleague was complimenting the ladies. At one point I said to him... "you are a charmer aren't you?".. his reply was that he appreciated the effort they had put in to look so good and he wanted them to know that it was noticed... It was one of those 'lightbulb' moments for me. Some of us see and appreciate what most men just don't get!

Suzy... I know that feeling so well. I pass a window display and I can feel my eyes moving. :daydreaming: On my own, I frequently stop! I have no 'shame'! :heehee:

linda allen
08-27-2012, 06:37 AM
My wife and I have gotten to the point that when we pass a display in a store window in the mall, she might say "Is that me?" and I'll say "Is that me?"

Understand of course, that at our ages, most of what is on display in the mall shop windows is not appropriate for either of us. :doh:

suzy1
08-27-2012, 06:46 AM
You won’t believe this! I just got back from the shops and the new mannequin has the exact same dress as I have got.
Looks better on me obviously. [And Suzy has been known to be a little economical with the truth sometimes]:heehee:

Kaz
08-27-2012, 07:20 AM
There is something strange at work here Suzy! Next time you walk past you will see you in the window and the mannequin will be you! So how good looking is the mannequin? :heehee:

Beverley Sims
08-27-2012, 09:47 AM
I am assuming here that you were in drab.
I was walking with some of my friends all MEN, when a negligee in a very nice lingerie shop caught my eye.
I stopped, looked awe inspired for a moment.
My friends came back "er! wotcha lookin' at"?
I said I knew a girl that I would like to see in that.
Moral....
Do not forget to remember who you are with when window shopping. :)