PDA

View Full Version : the problem with going out dressed(to a club)

xcross23x
08-25-2012, 04:14 AM
I have read alot of posts about going out dressed and it is something that really interests me but I am just wondering how do you deal with the problem of id? How do u get in to a club with no id or do u get a fake one?

Shannon C.
08-25-2012, 04:21 AM
I haven't been to a club, but I have been to bars where they card you at the door and I have also purchased alcohol while out and about dressed. I have just used my regular ID. I haven't had a problem with it yet and I hope not to have one in the future. :)

melissakozak
08-25-2012, 04:23 AM
Just go. No problem at gay clubs usually. Just make sure you are of drinking age. I got kicked out at age 19...

Launa
08-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Just show your male ID. Like everybody says try a gay club until you get used to going out.

noeleena
08-25-2012, 04:43 AM
Hi,

For myself im way past the age i need to show any id, age 65. so i quess your some what younger. theres no big deal you have a pass or id just show what you have as to names or what ever, how your dressed is not the prob .

So long as your not underage .

...noeleena...

Genifer Teal
08-25-2012, 05:11 AM
There are two main reasons a club asks for your id. One, to prove you are actually old enough to be there. If you are older than 23, they can probably tell enough to be satisfied. The second reason, is legal. If the cops show up to check on the club, everyone has to be able to produce an ID to prove it was checked at the door. As long as these two issues are satisfied, they don't care about how you are dressed. This comes from the perspective that if you are concerned about this, the door person will likely know what is going on. Even if you look great, will you pass scrutiny once you say I'm a guy - which is what you do when you show your male id? If that could still be a problem, then you probably are on hormones, may have had FFS, and have a great voice. If that is the case then you probably have looked into correcting your ID.

I've never had a problem, however I go out in NYC. This is nothing new here.

kristinacd55
08-25-2012, 06:02 AM
i show my male id, no problemo. of course I go to New Hope PA (very LGBT friendly) and Philly and places that are friendly to us :)

Cynthia Anne
08-25-2012, 07:10 AM
I've been going to clubs almost fourty years and never had a problem with my regular ID!

Kate Simmons
08-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Never deal with it really. In my case, getting carded would be mostly a compliment.:battingeyelashes::)

kimdl93
08-25-2012, 07:13 AM
If you're young enough to need an I'd you carry a valid I'd in your purse. Simple as that.

PretzelGirl
08-25-2012, 08:47 AM
We have many members who fly dressed and have to produce their ID to TSA agents. If they can do that, showing someone an ID at the door is a cakewalk.

susangirl
08-25-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree with the other posts. I have never had an issue at clubs, bars, restaurants, liquor stores or 7/11,s showing my male ID. I'm 44 and most of the time the ID check is just to see if you have one with you.

JeanneF
08-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Never had a problem with showing my male ID in a club.

Best one I ever had was a bouncer at a straight club in Detroit do a double take at my ID and just say "damn...nice job". Maybe he is one of us. :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Only being 18yrs. old may be a problem.

Millie
08-25-2012, 04:18 PM
No problem at gay bars. The only problem I have is after a few drinks is staying up on my high heels. LOL
Kisses Millie

RachelPortugal
08-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi,

For myself im way past the age i need to show any id, age 65. so i quess your some what younger. theres no big deal you have a pass or id just show what you have as to names or what ever, how your dressed is not the prob .

So long as your not underage .

...noeleena...

There are places that card you no matter how old you look.

Everyone on this forum has to be over 18, which is the age at which drinking is legal in the UK and Ireland, although some clubs have a higher limit on the door.

StarrOfDelite
08-25-2012, 05:10 PM
There are places that card you no matter how old you look.

I was surprised last autumn when I went to a sponsored, private party with an open bar at a hotel in Manhattan, and got carded (in drab) by girls at the door. I'm not sure if it was the hotel's policy or the sponsor's, but I had to drag my driver's license out, and the door persons (two 25ish females) actually looked at it. And I was 56 at the time!

docrobbysherry
08-25-2012, 08:14 PM
There r MANY reasons for them to turn ME away at the door! But, being too young isn't one of them! So far, I've gotten in every weird place I've tried!

Nicole Brown
08-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Over the years I have been to many clubs, lounges, night clubs, restaurants and have flow pretty coast to coast quite a few times. During all of these activities, when asked for ID, I simply show my legal drivers license. If anything is said about my appearance, I usually simply reply that I decided to dress a little differently on this occasion.
With the exception of young inexperienced TSA agents, I have never had a problem, and when I encountered one of these new TSA agents, a more senior agent resolved the issue quickly and politely.

sandra-leigh
08-25-2012, 09:07 PM
In some of the clubs here, they ID everyone and take a picture of the ID. They do this because the police "suggest" that it "might be nice" if it was done, to help identify people in case of disturbances.

Basically it's a legal crock of excrement with police outright publicly saying they will harass any club that doesn't do it. But hey, that's the "choice" of the club, so there's no legal problem.