PDA

View Full Version : If you could ...

claireforever
08-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Ive often thought if i could would i stop or never be a transvestite .....well my answer to this is no , i love my dressing and wouldnt change a thing in fact id like to get more involved ....anyone else think this or would you like to be .....normal ? Lol

Karren H
08-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd stop in a heartbeat if it were possible.... but it's not......

Kate Simmons
08-25-2012, 11:40 AM
In this mixed up crazy world, what is "normal" really? Certainly not guzzling beer, eating chips and watching sports on TV. We each have our own grid program to play out. ;):)

Silmaril
08-25-2012, 11:44 AM
The world sees male and female in very simple terms, and seems to treat the extremes as the ideal: be the man's man, or be all woman. There's latitude where some things are involved: a woman who is into sports, or a guy who loves the theater. But when it comes to *appearance*, the reality is there isn't much latitude to stray from the stereotypes. And the reason most of us are here is because--for one reason or another--we *cross* the dressing boundary. We're trapped in the middle ...or at least that's how I feel: trapped. I don't like hiding who I am, but I'm also not cut out to be a revolutionary.

Crossdressing does wonderful things for my soul, but it isolates me and sometimes leaves me feeling like an aberration. To remove it from my life without replacing it with something that gave me equal peace is a sad thought, and even makes me a little angry over the notion that it is actually worth considering. But at the same time, if I could no longer be seduced by this desire that isolates me by drawing a line between who I am and what the world generally accepts as "normal" ...I suspect that would offer its own kind of peace.

I'm glad the genie isn't floating in front of me right at this moment, offering to take the urge away: I'm not sure what I'd do. I'm not sure what choice would be the bigger mistake.

Barbara Ella
08-25-2012, 11:50 AM
I know this is never going to stop. I have only realized I am a crossdresser for one year, so it is very new. If it were possible, I would stop and revert to the life I knew for 65 years, where i was comfortable in my ignorance of who I really am. It will never happen, and the onus is on my to find a comfortable situation once again. Not easy.

Barbara

May(be)
08-25-2012, 12:19 PM
"The brain has its own language for testing the structure and consistency of the world"- Carl Sagan

I believe that I am actually doing good, worthwhile work with my crossdressing... I sometimes wish that I wasn't tasked with this purpose, though. I could spend my time thinking about other important things.

Taylor Dame
08-25-2012, 12:22 PM
I agree with Karren, I'd quit if I could. But I know I can't overcome the urge, and I feel so comfortable and natural when dressed.

Brenda Freeman
08-25-2012, 12:24 PM
When I was young I wished it would go away, I also wished I could be a girl. Neither happened. Now I enjoy when I can dress up and enjoy my feminine side, in fact i love it. Would not give it up probably couldn't anyway its me! I think getting older I care less what others might think and the internet and sites like this have really helped me appreciate how many people have similar interests desires needs loves that helps too!

prene
08-25-2012, 12:26 PM

Yes Stop or change .... "In a heartbeat" but it is not possible. LOL

Beverley Sims
08-25-2012, 12:32 PM
There are eight replies here and I agree with them all in principle.
Would love to change my lifestyle but unable to, the urge is too great.
Like everyone here I am hooked so make the best of it.
At least I have been able to air my views on this forum.

Megan Briana
08-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think I'd change. I enjoy it too much. I sometimes wish i had started younger, now that i know i like it so much. This has brought me happiness in a point of my life when I didn't think I would ever feel that again. If i can ever get my courage to match this happiness, I would gladly walk out my front door in my heels leggings and my new pink T from the store. I think I can safely assume that if i have happiness now, then my happiness will be tenfold when I found that courage.

STACY B
08-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Ive often thought if i could would i stop or never be a transvestite .....well my answer to this is no , i love my dressing and wouldnt change a thing in fact id like to get more involved ....anyone else think this or would you like to be .....normal ? Lol

How could we EVER answer that ? We can't ,, Normal ? What the hell is that ? How could we know what normal is ? Seriously ,, In our minds this is normal ,,Aleast in mine it is ,,Thats the whole POINT ! Atleast thats what I thought ? Hell if I would have never self medicated I would have been dressing full time 40 years ago ,, But ya drown it in work an Booze an Life ,, But when it all slows down in later years it all seems right so how could you ever wish to stop something that is the only thing in life that makes you enjoy living HAPPY an LETTING you enjoy the rest of lifes pleasures the same way everyone else does . So why or how could you or why would you wish for something that you have no stake in ,, Like counting some one elses money whats the point its not yours ? So I wouldn't no how it would feel to be a real male person an even be able to enjoy it when it just does not bring any pleasure or stimulate my brain to long for that brings me NOTHING . Like wanting to go to the Dentist ,,, Instead of the shoe store !

reb.femme
08-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi Claire,

I suppose giving up would clear many issues out of our lives, but on serious reflection, no I wouldn't change this part of me. :daydreaming:

In all honesty, I enjoy this discovery of me and have no intentions of changing, except to more femme time.......oh and of course, more femme clothes :)

Rebecca x

deebra
08-25-2012, 12:57 PM
To answer this ? honestly, slip on a soft sexy pair of panties and matching bra with forms and then try to say you would walk away. Me, I love it and agree with the posts above that can't or wouldn't give it up.

xdressed
08-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I think my life would have been easier if I'd never started crossdressing, sometimes a LOT easier. It would also be a lot more boring and possibly generally unfulfilled

noonlight86
08-25-2012, 01:25 PM
I guess it would be a bit easier in some ways because maybe you wouldn't feel ashamed of yourself from hiding things, but everyone has their own thing, and if you enjoy this I think it would be good for you.

Kate Simmons
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm not controlled by the crossdressing process. I control it by making it a choice to do or not.I have recently put it on the shelf until I'm ready to do it again.:)

Annie D
08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I can stop anytime I want to.........I stopped in 1967 and then again in 1972 and then again in 1977. All of these periods of abstinance lasted less than 6 months. I finally gave up giving up and now I just give up in smaller increments: less than 24 hours at a time. I guess there will come a time when the only time I give it up will be the time I spend in the shower using my body wash and shaving my legs. I have reached the time in my life that given a choice I would not give it up for a second.

noonlight86
08-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I can stop when i want however the longer I go without it I kind of feel bad because I feel like I'm hiding it sometimes.

Dusty815
08-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I find it enjoyable, exciting, and relaxing. It gives me pleasure, I'm not hurting anyone and my wife is fine with it and supportive, so I would not change a thing.

jackie k
08-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Would I stop? Hell no! I love me now. Sooo much better than the drunken, self loathing slob I was when I was ashamed and hiding. I also wish I could have realized earlier in life.

Cheryl T
08-25-2012, 02:49 PM
As the saying goes...."If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"....

Stephanie47
08-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I agree. If I never became a cross dresser, of course I'd never know what I would miss. I would hope with my experience now, I would not be judgmental towards cross dressers.

If there was something that would end my cross dressing without causing angst in my life, I would just chalk up the experience like other pleasurable experiences I've had over the years. Cross dressing would just become a fond memory.

BLUE ORCHID
08-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi Clare, Knowing that I can never quite I'm just as happy as a normal Crossdresser can be.

claireforever
08-25-2012, 04:02 PM
So its quite a mixed bag really , i would love to have some of the wifes understanding that some of you have would prob make it even more enjoyable ....by the way whats a ...SO ...or a GG ...well i am new x

Pexetta
08-25-2012, 04:05 PM
I would not be 'normal', no never. So much so that I probably wouldn't take a ticket to the mirror universe either, the one where I've always been a woman - because the female version of me wouldn't appreciate it. Unless she's FTM trans to correspond, but let's not make this too complicated.

sometimes_miss
08-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Same here. Crossdressing has been the source of many problems for me; it's alienated friends, relatives, and of course the ex wife, which wound up costing me nearly everything I owned and put me deep into debt. So yeah, I'd love to get rid of it.....but I'm not willing to fry my brain with electro-convulsive therapy to do it (it's the only known treatment, but seems to work by destroying memories and learned knowledge; so you may well become a mental vegetable before you succeed in eradicating the crossdressing, not to mention, that you need repeated treatments for it to keep working. NO THANKS. So until they come up with something better, you'll continue to find me dressed up pretty as often as I can.

JenniferR771
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Well...I am not sure. Has crossdressing made me more shy--less social? Years ago--I would have given it up--quick. I had to be secretive. Did I lose a girlfriend...maybe. Did I lose a job...not sure. Did I make my wife angry--probably. Would my life have been different--I don't know. But now I am OK with cding. Closet full of dresses, cute shoes, and my family somewhat accepting.

lexie89
08-25-2012, 11:03 PM
normal ? whats that awww wait are you referring to the gray(that look like everyone example: office suits) people that all look the same and do not have anything special about them ? why wold anyone want to be gray if not forced ? i say go as wild as you can because you live only once might as well do what you like

AllieSF
08-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Since I have luckily avoided (started very late in life 5+ years ago from zero) all the trauma, frustrations and issues associated with being a CD/TG, I have decided not to question why, nor fight it. I have embraced this new side of me and plan to have as much fun as I can with it. Would my life be different without it, different on the good side? An emphatic yes to that! All this has added unnecessary complications to my life, from keeping it a secret from my family, to not doing as many activities with my male mode friends, to spending money in retirement which should be better cared for and saved for the future. However, and there is always a however, after a successful brush with cancer, I have decided to live life for now, because I really do not know what tomorrow brings.

Cynthia Anne
08-26-2012, 01:00 AM
I am me! I agree with Karren!

Leah Lynn
08-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Would I stop? Hell no! I love me now. Sooo much better than the drunken, self loathing slob I was when I was ashamed and hiding. I also wish I could have realized earlier in life.

I started at age 4. After being caught and punished, I hid it for years. I too, drank and abused and loathed myself. Now, if I could, I'd transition.

Tina B.
08-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Karren said it just right, I would love to be normal, but it's not going to happen, I figured that out years ago.
Tina B.

IwishIwasTracy
08-26-2012, 10:44 AM
There is only one way I can think of quitting. Some days I think it can't come soon enough.

krissy
08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
i cant stop i have tried thru the years its too much a part of my soul lol! thru the yaers i have come to terms with it i know i can never give it up i wont purge any more .now its just getting the time to do it

ColleenA
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM
by the way whats a ...SO ...or a GG ...well i am new

I just noticed no one answered this for you, Claire.

SO = significant other.
GG = genetic girl. Another term is FAB - Female At Birth. Be warned, though, that you are courting big trouble on this site if you ever try to convey that thought by saying "real woman."

claireforever
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I just noticed no one answered this for you, Claire.

SO = significant other.
GG = genetic girl. Another term is FAB - Female At Birth. Be warned, though, that you are courting big trouble on this site if you ever try to convey that thought by saying "real woman."

Thanks colleen ..i will choose my words wisely