PDA

View Full Version : nervous

May(be)
08-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Going to my first support group meeting in just a couple hours. what should I expect? Any advice? I'm having second thoughts about going to my first meeting en femme.

Robinkay
08-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Well just be your self,
I went to a meeting once in drab and it was lets say it was a bit strange.
Tho I did have one person talk to me,any way best of luck !

BLUE ORCHID
08-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi May, It's my guess that you will be amoung friends.

KellyJameson
08-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Love the piece of jewelry, try not to look to good or the others may become insecure and may not feel comfortable talking to you.

I always recommend that the better you look the less you should put it out there until others are comfortable with you.

Beauty when used wisely is a gift but it also can hurt.

Think of it like having money when others do not so you are eating cake while they are starving

I know this is counter intuitive because the impulse is to go the other way and look your best but it will have a calming affect on others.

Sallee
08-25-2012, 05:06 PM
GO dressed you'll enjoy it more and your be amongst friend and fellow cd's You will really enjoy it

Annie D
08-25-2012, 05:15 PM
I know that you are nervous about attending your first support group meeting, I know that I was. Once you go thru the door you will realize that there are many of us who will encourage you to be the person you hope to be. Hopefully the members will make you welcome and at ease. Once the meeting is over, someone may invite you to go out for coffee or drinks as well. Look, listen and learn. Once this day passes you will look forward to the next time you can get together, if for no other reason than to get dressed, feel and look pretty and enjoy the company. You look terrific; enjoy yourself.

PretzelGirl
08-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Relax and go dressed. You won't regret it. The people you meet have "been there and done that" so you will meet understanding people. And you will likely find that you are more comfortable meeting others dressed. Go and have a blast (and then tell us about it ;))!

mbmeen12
08-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Life is crawl, walk and then run. Please go and once it starts you will make new friends and realize the support is there.

Kaz
08-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi May,

In the UK we don't do this much, so I have zero experience. But from what people have posted over the years... go there as May and use this as a real learning process. And share what happens.. we can then put our thoughts into the process and you can choose what to take away. Just remember that nobody has THE answer, and for each of us the answer will be different... we all have to find our own unique paths... but we can learn from others and from a deeper understanding of ourselves. Sometimes I wish us Brits weren't so resistant to this sort of stuff - OK I wish I wasn't!

Just do it! :hugs::love:

reb.femme
08-25-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi May,

First things first though, nice pic! As Kaz has said, not really a British thing. We tend to be individualistic in our approach to life, so lack any credible group experience upon which to base an opinion.

However, dressed is best I think for such an occasion. I'll keep a look out for your update, I'm sure it can only be a positive. If not, what have you lost?
I too would like to go just once to see what I could absorb and whether it would assist this independent soul.

Rebecca x

Kate Simmons
08-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Just enjoy yourself Hon.:)

Michelle (Oz)
08-25-2012, 06:20 PM
May be too late to add my piece but ... you look teriffic.

Totally understand your nervousness. Went to my first group meeting in the US and was made to feel totally at ease and had a great time. Confirmed that I wasn't alone and validated my femme feelings.

Beware ... it was very addictive. Go and enjoy!!

May(be)
08-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Life is crawl, walk and then run. Please go and once it starts you will make new friends and realize the support is there.

I didn't crawl. I went from flopping around like a chubby sea lion to walking. True story.

Anyway, off I go! Thanks for the advice!

*FLOP* *FLOP* *FLOP*

Angela Campbell
08-25-2012, 07:27 PM
judging from that pic I say you look pretty darn good. Hope it is good. I am going to one here in FL soon and I am really looking forward to it.

SuzanneS
08-25-2012, 07:52 PM
I was crazy nervous the first time I went to a meeting. I went dressed...in daylight...something I'd never done before. I was sweating bullets(which is not good if you're wearing makeup), but I think I came out of it okay. I had a blast, I may not have talked much, but I did have fun listening to everyone else, and I definitely had fun going out with the other girls after the meeting. I only wished that I would have spent more time there.
Go. You'll be glad you did.

Suzanne

katie_barns
08-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Have fun and I want details later................... :)

Maria in heels
08-25-2012, 08:25 PM
May...just be yourself, have fun, and you look great

Tracii G
08-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Relax and use your femme name.Have fun these meeting are a great help with confidence.

STACY B
08-25-2012, 08:31 PM
You go looking like that picture trust me dont worry bout a thing ,,,Yull be the only GG there .