PDA

View Full Version : Pictures?

Sarah27
08-25-2012, 08:54 PM
So i'm trying to decide if i'm going to add pictures tonight... I'm afraid

Marleena
08-25-2012, 08:57 PM
They can only be seen by members if you put them in the photo gallery section. Visitors can't see them.

outhiking
08-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Deep breath. Now take a few and edit out your face. You can do a full shot when you are ready, but it"s nice to have a least one under your belt. Good luck. We will all support you.

STACY B
08-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Dont Do it ,,, You mite make the rest of us look bad ? Go Ahead I look bad enough ,,,But remember its Addicting ,,, So FLASH AWAY ,,,, Dont forget to Smile ,,,, CHEESE !!!!!!!!!!!

kimberly25
08-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Go for it love to see pics

katie_barns
08-25-2012, 11:05 PM
They can only be seen by members if you put them in the photo gallery section. Visitors can't see them.

This is true but your Avatar can be seen by anyone. So if you're worried keep them in the photo gallery.

diane51
08-26-2012, 05:03 AM
Remember when you could keep pictures on this site on your profile page...those were the times.

Nigella
08-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Yep and if members had not abused it and created so much work for the staff, it more than likely would have still been available.

Cheryl T
08-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Don't worry...pictures don't bite...

reb.femme
08-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Be afraid Sarah, be very afraid!

The process becomes a bl@@dy obsession and you can't put the camera away afterwards. :heehee:

I too remember that feeling of trepidation prior to my original picture posting, but I like me, so now I throw them up with abandon. Just go with what feels good for you, just the one or your weekly ten! :devil:

As they say at Nike - Just do it!
You know it makes sense.

Rebecca x

claireforever
08-26-2012, 07:45 AM
id love to post some pictures but my pc keeps saying upload failed

Maria 60
08-26-2012, 07:45 AM
I was worried also about putting pictures here, so i would only put body shots. The biggest problem wasn't on this site, the problem was when I was done I would forget to delete the pictures from my laptop and I would find them weeks later in the picture folders.

Sara Jessica
08-26-2012, 07:54 AM

True, but all it takes to be a member is the ability to fog up a mirror. Besides, would you even be recognizable?

Regardless, the membership requirement makes it much less likely that someone you know would randomly trip into your pictures.

If that were to happen, then that person would have some explaining as to why they are trolling about a TG site such as this. In that case, it goes both ways.

Marleena
08-26-2012, 07:58 AM
True, but all it takes to be a member is the ability to fog up a mirror. Besides, would you even be recognizable?

Regardless, the membership requirement makes it much less likely that someone you know would randomly trip into your pictures.

If that were to happen, then that person would have some explaining as to why they are trolling about a TG site such as this. In that case, it goes both ways.

Yep I agree totally Sara. That said I have a good disguise from guy mode so not too worried..:)

reb.femme
08-26-2012, 07:59 AM
id love to post some pictures but my pc keeps saying upload failed
They're probably over size. Need to be 650kB....ish!
Resize the picture but do a 'save as', not save, that way you keep the original and have a resized.
Post a couple more posts to get your ten, then I can pm you if you need assistance.
MAC or PC.

Rebecca x

kimdl93
08-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Don't be afraid. It's safe and nonjudgmental.

claireforever
08-26-2012, 10:45 AM
thanks rebecca im on both so i will have a go and let you know whow i get on ...x

Beverley Sims
08-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Post something soft in focus and not too much detail.

Kaz
08-26-2012, 11:13 AM
thanks rebecca im on both so i will have a go and let you know whow i get on ...x

Claire, on the PC I use Microsoft Picture Manager to resize files. If you have Office, you will it. Right click on the photo, select open with, and choose the programme. Takes seconds to resize. But as Rebecca says 'save as'! If you use Picture Manageer, when you close it you will be asked if you want to save the original - click NO! Or it will wipe out your original and save the modified one.

Good luck!

Kaz
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
So i'm trying to decide if i'm going to add pictures tonight... I'm afraid

You've had some good advice here. It is addictive once you have done it and realised your life didn't change for the worse! I haven't had the chance to take pics for about 3 to 4 months and I am pining! I keep wanting to post some old ones just so I can still do it!

If you are worried recognition... cut your head off the shot.. many do! But any one who has access to see them has become a member and has therefore admitted an interest in CDing!

My advice... just do it! You will enjoy the release that it brings! It is a very 'liberating' experience! :hugs:

reb.femme
08-26-2012, 02:48 PM

On MAC,

Open a pic in Preview and do a 'save as', name the file. Now select Tools > Adjust Size > Change either width or height setting to say 50%.

In the Resulting Size window just below the settings, it will show what size file was and what it is now in Mb or Kb.
650Kb is the normal required size although slightly bigger will be OK, as final size will be slightly smaller than advertised.

Rebecca x

claireforever
08-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Thats great i will try that when im next alone ..got a few days till that happens now ,i will let you know how i get on ..x

Sarah27
08-27-2012, 01:05 AM
well I put a couple pics last night then deleted them, sorry.

Davena Doll
08-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Sarah, my pic. Is my first pic. in my garage. You can do it. DIG SISTER DIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claireforever
08-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Its quite hard to get a good picture alone with a camera and you have to be really brave to leave it unedited id think as there is always someone who recognises you,

Lynn Marie
08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Please put up one well done picture of yourself rather than a bunch in the same outfit with slightly different poses. Think about how professionals take pictures of famous people. Lot's of pictures and just publish the very best one or two.

By all means avoid smart phone pictures in the mirror. Use a tripod and the timer on the camera. Make yourself look good. You deserve it.

StarrOfDelite
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Remember, if you use Yahoo, the email program keeps a copy of every picture that you receive and send in its memory. They can be deleted, but it requires a special act to do so, separate from deleting the email message in which the picture was received or sent. I don't know about Google or Hotmail, but it wouldn't surprise me that they have similar programs.