PDA

View Full Version : Day time or night time

susangirl
08-25-2012, 09:41 PM
The question is... Would you rather dress in public during the day or at night. I can see advantages in both. Whats your choice and why?

I've only been cross dressing in public a few years and am starting to find what works for me. For years I would only get out after dark and away from people but after a while I wanted more. The desire for more is one of the best things about dressing. I have done a 180 now and would rather get out during the day time. There are a few reasons the day time works best for me. I would rather be 1 of many than 1 of a few. I would rather be able to wear my womanly designer sun glasses because I feel they help my total image. I guess they are like my security blanket. I'm ok without them but would rather view the world through them.

lexie89
08-25-2012, 10:20 PM
i chose the night simply because its easier to pass :D but then again not so many people around to admire you :( that is the sad part

AllieSF
08-25-2012, 10:27 PM
I go out mostly at night because my fellow partners in crime, sidekicks and moral supporters are usually limited in their availability to go out and night time is best for them. I guess some people still have to work! However, I really do enjoy going out during the day and want to do more of that. Maybe one day I will find that balance. I definitely have enough clothes for night and day time outings. Actually, I probably have enough to go full time, which is not in the books (I think) for me.

Tricia Lee
08-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Definitely daytime for me. Said it before, will say it again. I find that people are a lot less suspicious when they see a crossdresser during the day.

Like everyone, at first I only went out at night. Makes it easy to walk out the door and drive around. But taking the next step, and coming into contact with people is harder for me at night. Even now it's very hard for me to walk into a brightly lit mall or store when it's dark outside.

katie_barns
08-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Before I had a lot of confidence I would only go out at night only. Any more it really doesn't matter. I am a little of a night owl, but enjoy shopping during the day. I don't depend on the cover of night to dress, so I really have no preference.

Tracii G
08-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Both are fine for me.Night just be careful where you go.

GinaD
08-25-2012, 11:57 PM
When I was younger, thinner, and it was easier to look really feminine, I didn't care if it was night or day. Now that time, gravity, and life have aged me, I prefer to go out at night. I feel darkness is my friend, especially since I still like to dress in sexier attire. I am more comfortable meeting new people in dimmer light anyway.

Cynthia Anne
08-26-2012, 12:29 AM
I go out when I need too rather it's day or night! It dosen't matter to me!

bridget thronton
08-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Either works - but I prefer shopping in daytime

jennyday
08-26-2012, 06:05 AM
Night time was my first outing dressed, cover of darkness and minimize my interaction with other people. Now that I am getting more comfortable, day time works well too. Makes it easier to see that no one is paying you any attention at all, what a thrill it is.

Cheryl T
08-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Either is fine with me now. My first time out was for a Halloween party at night...my first "REAL" time out was to a mall on a Saturday morning.
Now that's it's been a few years of going out I don't care either way. I'm me and if someone reads me then so be it.

PretzelGirl
08-26-2012, 08:45 AM
There is no either or. There is only both. Dress, you must.

I have to laugh. I just Googled "crossdress Yoda" and looked at the images returned. A friend of mine showed up multiple times. I'll have to ask her about her Yoda connection.

Beverley Sims
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM
One of the many as opposed to one of the few works for me.
Big cover up sunglasses and not as likely to get spotted.
At night unless you walk the streets incessantly, you have to go somewhere.
Daytime keep fit and walk miles and miles and miles.
Like Elvis I feel a song coming on. So out with the guitar.:)

Jenniferathome
08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Either is good, just changes what I am wearing, but as Allie indicated, going out with friends will often gravitate toward evening. The upside is you can dress up a little!

Sharon B.
08-26-2012, 03:54 PM
It used to be early evening but have gone out in the late morning the last couple of times. I will be going out tomorrow morning as I need to go to the Lane Bryant store. I will probably be under-dressed as a woman but will have some makeup and perfume on as well. I am slowly working my way up to being fully dressed as a woman when I go out.

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
I goolged it but just got cartoon pics.

Diane Smith
08-26-2012, 04:56 PM
I do both and don't even think much about it anymore.

But in terms of total times out, most often it is daytime, because that's when I have my hair and nail appointments and do most of my shopping. Evening outings are mostly for special occasions, dates and parties.

I have a standing nail appointment at 8:00 AM every other Saturday. Getting the guy out of the house that early is hard enough, but adding an extra 90 minutes or so for Diane to appear presentable makes it quite the challenge to my naturally challenged circadian rhythm.

- Diane

Barbara Ella
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Only been out the four times mentioned here, and all were daytime. Guess i prefer the daylight.

Barbara

StaceyJane
08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I love going out in the day. it's really much safer.

Brittany CD
08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
The day is safer, but it makes me more nervous, so I generally refrain. Night is better, especially if you have a friend with you

Sarah Doepner
08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd prefer to go out in the daytime just because I get more time in that way. Normally I can't even start until we know there will be no visitors coming to the door and I end up getting all prettied up just about the time the world around me is going to sleep and I have to be quiet. If I start in the morning I can actually feel like I got something accomplished.

rachaelsloane
08-26-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm one of AllieSF's partners in crime and due to work find that going out early evening to the wee hours of morning works just fine. With daylight saving, it is lighter longer and we're walking around not hiding until it gets dark.

sissystephanie
08-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I go out in public enfemme whenever I feel like it! More often during daylight hours, but it really doesn't matter. As has been said, I am me and how I dress is my business!

Stephanie47
08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
All of my outings have been in the early evening for walks in safe residential neighborhoods. On several Halloween I have tested the waters, and, had mixed encounters. Since the purpose of my cross dressing is stress relief, subjecting myself to any negative encounters is self defeating. Today I went to a baseball game with friends and relatives for the purpose of watching a game. Why would I need to do that in a dress? I will say, if I choose to encounter people, it would be at a cross dressing event with like thinking people.

Michelle (Oz)
08-27-2012, 12:03 AM
During my very nervous first outings, evening/night gave me greater confidence but now it's BOTH maximising the time dressed. Just hate to go back to male mode. Thankfully no negative experiences.

linda allen
08-27-2012, 06:27 AM
The question is... Would you rather dress in public during the day or at night. I can see advantages in both. Whats your choice and why?

I would rather dress day and night! :heehee:

But, like many others, my first few times were at night. Then I grew bolder and went out in the daytime.

Your safe options are pretty limited at night time and you can't wear sunglasses. Daytime allows sunglasses and larger ones hide your face and lack of eye makeup. As someone else posted, you can walk most anywhere in the daytime without calling attention to yourself as long as you dress appropriately.

Karren H
08-27-2012, 07:02 AM
I don't have a preference.... it's more a question of when I have the free time.... which with the house renovations is like never... lol

Kaz
08-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Done both. Pulling it off in the daytime is more exhilarating and certainly more rewarding, but also more scary! Night time is more forgiving and it's easier to pass...