PDA

View Full Version : I Almost Made My First Performance!

Julie
11-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I went to The Edge tonight and they had sort of an amateur night. After seeing some of the acts I was prodded by Laura to enter. So I got up the courage and said I'd do "Would I Lie To You" by by Annie Lenox. So I'm getting all ready to go and the stage manager comes up to me and asks if I would mind if my number was cancelled because of time constraints. I didn't make a fuss and said no problem. But I was all set to do it. Maybe the next time The Island Girls have a show I'll debut then.

Here's a picture of Donna, the IG foundation, and Bill, the mayor of Boystown, and Lisa, the keyboardist in the band and me and Jamie, the guitarist in the band. Even though I didn't get my debut it was still a lot of fun.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/11-05/IG-11-20-05_1.jpg

When I was in the ladies room, after I was done, I opened the stall door and saw some familar hair. It looked like Dawn's GF. I have no idea why I picked that out but all of the sudden Dawn comes out of nowhere and jumps into my arms! Yeah, I was still in the stall! I had no idea she would be there and that hair I identified was in fact her GFs. Colombo gots nuttin' on me!

Sharon
11-20-2005, 11:15 AM
I just shake my head in disbelief, Julie. How do you ever expect to be a diva if you allow them to cut your act! You didn't even stamp your foot or throw something? Gads, Whitney Houston or Cher would not have stood for this insult! :p

And what is it lately about girls and bathroom stalls? First it's football cheerleaders and now it's wanna-be divas. :)

TGMarla
11-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Tooooo much fun, Julie. When are you going to jam with the band?