PDA

View Full Version : Conqured a huge goal

Kelley
08-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi all, just wanted to share a great experience with you.

I have slowly been getting out in the real world. I travel a good bit for my job and take the opertunity to dress when at the motel. I have been slowly testing the waters going to get ice and roaming the halls doing more and more each time. the last three times I have checked out and drove home (not a lot of contact with others) dressed, each time trying to have more contact with people.

Last Thursday I finished my project a little early and was at the motel by 2:30 pm. I decided to dress before dinner. As dinner time approched I just couldn,t stand the thought of removing my make-up and changing back to drab. I decided to pack all my drab clothes and stay en femme until i get home Friday afternoon. I took a deep breath and headed to dinner dressed in my favorite skirt and top, bra, wig, and new sandles. It was early, 5:20 so the restaurant was just about empty. half way through the parking lot the hostess opened the front dor for me when i walked in half the staff was there. that made me uneasy but I was greeted with very friendly smiles and i felt at ease and dinner was great. After dinner I wandered the local mall for an hour and a half. felt great, i will never hesitate to go out again..

Cheryl T
08-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Congratulations....
Isn't it wonderful to be over that hurdle of all the doubt and fear and realize it's not that big a deal??

Enjoy!!

reb.femme
08-26-2012, 07:19 AM
I decided to pack all my drab clothes and stay en femme until i get home Friday afternoon. I took a deep breath and headed to dinner dressed in my favorite skirt and top, bra, wig, and new sandles. It was early, 5:20 so the restaurant was just about empty. half way through the parking lot the hostess opened the front dor for me when i walked in half the staff was there. that made me uneasy but I was greeted with very friendly smiles and i felt at ease and dinner was great. After dinner I wandered the local mall for an hour and a half. felt great, i will never hesitate to go out again..

Hi Kelley,

Great to hear that the dragon has been slain. I think your breath must have been a very deep one when half the staff were present, that wave of 'oh my god' that rushes over us is powerful. Fantastic that you had your meal en femme, real and sincere kudos comes your way, I doff my bonnet to you. :)

I did the same thing, packed my drab, that way I had no way of checking out in anything but femme at the busy reception. Just to really draw attention to myself, I spilt my paperwork over the floor and had an older woman bending down to assist me. Her husband had read me, but don't think she had at that point :heehee:

Congrats on your big move and I just loved driving home in my dress and 3 inch. sandals. Happy days for you from here!

Rebecca x

daarleane
08-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Congratulation, you made the first step, you have just jumped the Grand Canyon of insecurity. Now its time to build a pretty bridge across that canyon and enjoy life on the other side. Sorry about the metaphor but it seems right somehow.

kimdl93
08-26-2012, 08:19 AM
The world is a much friendlier and more hospitable place than we imagine, isn't it. I'm so glad you resisted the temptation to switch back to male mode and made this discovery. No you're genuinely free to be yourself!

Claire Cook
08-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Kelley,

Wonderful Next Step, and you know it will easier next time! Interesting that it took me a while too to get to the fact that others would hold doors open for me, etc. Isn't it great to be treated as a lady?

Bree Wagner
08-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Congratulations Kelley! What a great start. I sure hope you have many more wonderful experiences.

Dusty815
08-26-2012, 08:34 AM
I have been slowly getting out too, I have not taken the steps you have and truly admire your courage, stories like yours inspire me and are making me stronger. Congratulations and please keep us up to date on your adventures.

Annie D
08-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Congratulations, way to go! As I read earlier, the dragon isn't quite dead but he is on his last leg. In your room you will be filled with courage and resolve but that walk across the parking lot and entering the into an unknown domain will continue to be a concern. Like all of us who still feel uncertainly everytime we venture out, you will gain in courage with each new adventure. Have fun, enjoy yourself and do us proud!

Kelley
08-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Thanks for all the great comments. I must admit that I was mentally prepared, I accepted the fact that I may get looks and comments but was ready for that, it didn't happen. I keep remembering what my father always told "be proud of the things you do and above all be proud of who you are". I thought I had accepted myself some time ago but when remembering what my dad had said I finally realized that I was truly proud of who I am and no need to hide. Although my dad in no longer with me I know he would no like me CDing but I also know he would still love me and accept me as I am, so I figure the rest of the world will just have to also.

Beverley Sims
08-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Good for you.
The only thing about hotels is going out at night.
Modern places have security cameras every where and when there are only a few guests they watch the security cameras out of boredom.
Never been pinged but sometimes I wonder. There are a lot of us that stay in hotels anyway so they get used to the bearded lady syndrome.

Rachel05
08-26-2012, 11:38 AM
I love your story and it gives hope to the rest of us wimps that dare not make that jump and head out dressed as we love to be dressed, I travel a lot too and use the hotels to relax and enjoy being me but only in the comfort and safety of my room.

Maybe next time !!

bridget thronton
08-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Glad you had a nice dinner and a good outing

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Congrats on the first time out.
Yes it is a huge hurdle but I'm so glad you had a great experience.

Kelley
08-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks again for all the encouragement. It is a good feeling to be in touch with ones gender bias.