PDA

View Full Version : Would yo mama recognize you dolled up?

michelleddg
08-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah, if I walked up and rang her doorbell she might look at me funny then say "Fred"? She could pick me out of a line of five. However, I'm certain I could walk by her at the mall, maybe even give her a little wave, and she'd not think twice about it (except, perhaps, "was that a dude?").

I went to a small TG gathering a while back and, holy moly, one of the six of us was a guy I work out with at the gym regularly. I'm certain he did not twig it was me. I'm not out to anybody but my wife and a small group of SA's, so I was mortified but pleased I passed the test.

We may not "pass" but I do think we're well-disguised. We just do not look like our boy selves. Whatcha think? Hugs, Michelle

Dana921
08-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I agree! Without some other indicator of my male self I could talk to most anyone and have, not being recognized! Although it is kind of the other way around as most people only know me as Dana and not the guy side!

Paula T
08-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Out and about dressed to blend with my sunglasses on I have walked right by people I know and they don't recognize me.:)

Beverley Sims
08-26-2012, 12:12 PM
These days she would but twenty years ago I would have been lost in a crowd of other GG's.

Leah Lynn
08-26-2012, 12:17 PM
I dressed for a halloween party last year, doing my best to look natural; not grotesque, vamp or anything. Leah's clothing, regular makeup and fixed my natural hair. All guests were close friends and most did not recognize me. Not immediately, anyway. Mom, on the other hand, would probably spot me at 100 yards.

Sarah Doepner
08-26-2012, 12:22 PM
It might take 2, maybe 3 seconds but my family would eventually see through my attempt to present myself as Sarah. My mother has been gone for many years, but it would be like looking in a fun house mirror for her. She'd see a larger and much less attractive version of herself there. And then she would probably bite her lip and not say anything negative even if she wanted to, because that's the way she was raised.

sandra-leigh
08-26-2012, 01:16 PM
I haven't yet found anyone who didn't recognize me, so why should my mother be an exception? :sad:

bridget thronton
08-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Probably she would recognize me

Diane Smith
08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
The only time I've come face to face with an acquaintance while out and about, she recognized me instantly and called to me by my boy name at a distance of about 20 feet. And this was someone I ordinarily saw only a few times each year, not a close friend or relative by any means. The encounter worked out just fine -- she was very accepting -- but it immediately deflated any pretense I had that I was unrecognizable when dressed up, and therefore, removed one of the "crutches" that I used to improve my confidence while out on the town. My mom, I'm sure, would have known me at a hundred yards in the dark, but she never had the chance to as far as I know.

- Diane

sandra-leigh
08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
The encounter worked out just fine -- she was very accepting -- but it immediately deflated any pretense I had that I was unrecognizable when dressed up, and therefore, removed one of the "crutches" that I used to improve my confidence while out on the town.

I had that self-pretense, but I got recognized so quickly and easily (at a distance, in dim light!) by enough people that I had to give it up quite early on. But the flip side of that was that these many people who recognized me, treated me well and were "welcoming", so it was also early on that I did away with my apprehension about being treated badly if people who knew me saw me.

But I haven't yet gotten to the point of feeling comfortable having my mother see me (or a picture of me) in a skirt or dress.

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I came into contact with my Daughter and Son-in-law once but they didn't clock me.................I don't think they did because I would have heard about it.

Michelle 2
08-26-2012, 07:27 PM
This is a hilarious story. Three months ago I was sitting in my front courtyard wearing a nice casual working girl dress and 4" stilettos taking a break and having a cup of coffee. My mother who is 80 years young pulls into my driveway for a visit. When she walks into the courtyard she meets a woman she does not recognize and starts a conversation. She than asked if I was at home. All this time I have a Cheshire cat smile on my face and had to eventually say hi mom its me.

Michelle

Kate Simmons
08-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I look just like her. She would think she was seeing her double.:)

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=Michelle 2;2939669]This is a hilarious story. Three months ago I was sitting in my front courtyard wearing a nice casual working girl dress and 4" stilettos taking a break and having a cup of coffee. My mother who is 80 years young pulls into my driveway for a visit. When she walks into the courtyard she meets a woman she does not recognize and starts a conversation. She than asked if I was at home. All this time I have a Cheshire cat smile on my face and had to eventually say hi mom its me.

Oh wow!! how did she take it? LOL way funny.

susangirl
08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Hell yes because I would shit myself. I always dress out of town. I'm an airline pilot based in Atlanta but live far away.

melissakozak
08-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I dressed openly in front of my mother at age 19. She recognized me no problem and didn't have any problems with me. My stepmother had issues and still does. But I have a lot of my mother's facial features....so yes, she would recognize me no matter what....

Ashley D.
08-26-2012, 10:16 PM
My mother has know I dresse forever so yes. Even of she didn't I look like a younger her or my sister but older.

lingerieLiz
08-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Hard to tell. Funny part was I didn't recognise myself when I saw an old picture of me dressed. I had forgotten about it and when I saw the girl on the stairs coming down for a date it took me a few seconds. I actually remembered the stairs before me.

One time I sent a picture home of a girl I dated. My mother looked at it and asked if it was me. I told her no, but I'm not sure she believed it.

Cheryl T
08-27-2012, 06:44 AM
I think my mom would recognize me. It might take a second glance but I think she would as I think she always knew. Especially after showing her Halloween pics of me the first time I went out anywhere dressed. She showed them to my dad and said, "see what your daughter would have looked like if we had had one"....

Little did she know...

Joy3
08-27-2012, 09:06 AM
After seeing several pictures of me dressed my wife made two interesting comments. First, "It was not what I expected" and "I would not have recognized you". The later comment was most surprising!

Michelle 2
08-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Traci,

My mother took it in stride very nonchalant. She said something to the effect that I was always masculine. I had to correct her and inform her that I always had a strong feminine side and I have been transgendered since an early age. She had no recollection of seeing me in my younger years wearing any of my sisters clothes. She also asked if anyone in the family knew and I said my brother and spouse and now her. Maybe I will be getting some perfume for the holidays this year as a gift from her. Who knows!

Michelle

Gena Gurl
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Good question! For my self, and it's not me saying this my friend said to me that in a million years I do not look like my male self and would be hard pressed to know it was me in dress. I suppose I'll take it as a compliment as I don't know who is lurking in these pages and would recognice me here!