PDA

View Full Version : paranoid

paulaprimo
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
this is for those of us still in the closet. since nobody close to me knows of paula, everytime i have to transition back to drab mode and take my make-up off, i don't like to stand close to anybody. i have this constant fear that i left a bit of eye liner or lipstick on and they are starring at it. even thou i use tons of make-up remover and wash my face more than a sane person. does anyone else fear this or am i just paranoid!! :D

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Yes LOL J/K I think you worry too much maybe.

Leah Lynn
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Once I'd done a great cleaning, but forgot to remove the big, dangly earrings.

Beverley Sims
08-26-2012, 04:18 PM
When you have done it a few times the paranoia wears off.
Then carelessness sets in. :)

Marleena
08-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Paula get a magnifying mirror before you scrub off a couple layers of skin and irritate your eyes.lol.

Kate Simmons
08-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Are you afraid they are going to say something? I've always been prepared for that. MY response would be: "You have a problem with that?":)

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I did miss some mascara once and a friend asked you have had on mascara?
I said yeah must not have gotten it all off.
He said OK I won't ask why. I said good so I don't have to explain why then.

paulaprimo
08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Paula get a magnifying mirror before you scrub off a couple layers of skin and irritate your eyes.lol.

got one and pretty much scrubbed off all of my skin!! i still see things that aren't there!! did i ever show you my UFO and bigfoot pictures... " i see dead people" :devil:

Sara Jessica
08-26-2012, 05:03 PM
See post #46 in the following thread.

www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?176280-The-elephant-in-MY-room-is-starting-to-make-some-noise/page2&highlight=elephant

Even those of us with so-called experience can screw up sometimes.

reb.femme
08-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Mascara is sometimes difficult to remove, I know for sure my eyelashes are way more visible today even after 2 showers and makeup remover. But nail polish is always the one I can see two days after cleaning it off. I must have evil pixies or something late at night that dab bits around my cuticles.

However, all that is somewhat superfluous to discussion when my eyebrows are definitely in girl trim now. Open that closet door? I'm already out :heehee:

Rebecca x

Angela Campbell
08-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Easy for me ...I work on mechanical equipment repairs...I just got a bit of grease on me....

Marleena
08-26-2012, 05:33 PM
got one and pretty much scrubbed off all of my skin!! i still see things that aren't there!! did i ever show you my UFO and bigfoot pictures... " i see dead people" :devil:

Lol so much for my idea!:heehee:

CDPheobe
08-26-2012, 06:27 PM
I double and quadrouple check. Take your time and carefully remove the makeup and your good.

GeminaRenee
08-26-2012, 06:39 PM
I still get really paranoid, mostly about my eyeliner. It all stems to an encounter I had several years ago. After a particularly fun evening spent in formal dresses with my ex, I had to travel to my brother's house the next day. My mind still a little akimbo from the experience, I was shocked back to reality when my SIL asked "Have you been wearing eyeliner?" Of course, I blew it off and it never came up again. But to this day, eyeliner has made me especially nervous. I still find it hard to see what gets missed at the base of my eyelashes, and so I fret endlessly about it." Maybe luckily for me, it has prevented ever getting too careless.

Another thing I worry about, since I live alone and am used to just leaving whatever I want all over the place, is that when I have guests, I might someday forget to put something away because I am so used to looking at it. I dread, dread, dread the day when I'm going be feeling all casual when I hear someone say "Why do you have this rather large pair of high heels next to your other shoes?" Augh!

larry
08-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Now that was funny. I am sure it was not funny at the time.

Once I'd done a great cleaning, but forgot to remove the big, dangly earrings.

Leyna
08-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Oh my God, you are NOT being paranoid. About a month ago, I had a "me" day. Spent almost the whole day in Leyna mode, then got all clean up back into my normal attire before the wife came home. Got all cleaned up, washed off the makeup, put everything away, double checked to make sure I didn't miss anything. Later that evening, I'm watching TV, she says from the bedroom "Why is there lipstick on this soda can on your nightstand???"

I nearly soiled myself! All I could think to do was play dumb. "How should I know? You must have left the can there." "I did NOT leave the can there!" "Well, then, I don't know what to tell you."

You can never double check too often.

Cynthia Anne
08-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I've been there a few times myself! Now a days I couldn't care less!

Brittany CD
08-26-2012, 07:10 PM
I remember once after getting out of my makeup, I was with someone and she looked at my neck and said "Were you wearing makeup or something?"

alluts
08-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I too am super paranoid, one time my GFs sister was visiting, I had just woke up, went downstairs and the first words out of her mouth were...you look like you been wearing makeup! Since then I invested in the makeup wipes...then cleanser..even then when I wake up I wash my face and put saline solution in my eyes to rinse any eyeliner out that may have got left behind. Very uncomfortable moment..would not like to have that happen again!

Sarah Doepner
08-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Paula treasure these moments. When we first get started it's actually pretty easy to hide everything, usually because there isn't much. As time goes by you begin to accumulate more and more stuff, eventually having more skirts, dresses, shoes, makeup, bras and jewelry than your wife. The routine doesn't just require shaving, dressing and doing makeup, but evolves to include buffing, layering, daubbing, spraying, tweezing and dozens of other processes that result in applications of things that don't just wipe off but require ointments, solvents, long showers and extended discussions with the mirror. Eventually your closet begins to smell pretty and you have to find a way to create a means of keeping anyone not privey to your secret even farther away from your secret of secrets. Then one day you reach a tipping point between wanting to hide all the evidence and not having the energy, time or space to store it all. I've heard it can be avoided or at least put off for a long time, but the early days in the closet may be the simplest, enjoy.

STACY B
08-26-2012, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Tracii G;2939555]I did miss some mascara once and a friend asked you have had on mascara?
I said yeah must not have gotten it all off.
H

\e said OK I won't ask why. I said good so I don't have to explain why then.[/QUOTE

Love ,,,,Love ....Love it ,,, An thats why your my girl,,, We think the same ,,, LOL,,, Im the same way ,,No exsplainations ,,,, If ya want one yull have to pay me for my time ,,, Or leave me ALONE !!!!!

carnut62
08-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I left a little eye liner on and went to play poker with the guys once, oops. I didn't find it until I got home, nobody said a word, that was 6-7 years ago. One time I left on a necklace. My daughter painted my nails a week ago so if I ever leave any little specs on I just say she did it ;)

Saffron
08-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Best eyeliner excuse ever: "I'm Batman"

Tracii G
08-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Stacy that the way to handle it fess up and blow it off.

Robinkay
08-26-2012, 09:34 PM
I double and quadrouple check. Take your time and carefully remove the makeup and your good.

Thats way I can't use eye liner or mascara !!! :hwac:

Vicky_Scot
08-27-2012, 04:55 AM
Crossdressers are very paranoid people.

I know this because I am one.

Georgia_Maine
08-27-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm pretty good at making sure I leave no makeup traces. A couple of times I had to grab a piece of jewelry really quick. The only time I nearly got clocked was a day that I went full Gigi: clothes, jewelry, wig, heels, makeup and perfume. I cleaned up thoroughly and made sure I put all of Gigi's things away and double checked. Then I went to pick up my family and my oldest son gets in the car, takes a sniff and says, "What's that? Smells like Grandma's perfume." Grandma live 600 miles away. Now I make sure I add aftershave to my clean up routine.

Gigi

kimdl93
08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Back when I was in the closet, I was pretty sure people could "See" that I was different. One time at a party, a male neighbor jokingly suggested that I was wearing black lace panties. It was clearly just a joke, and I tried to laugh along with it, and I wasn't wearing panties at that moment. But I was sure I was giving off some invisible CD vibes. Those vibes are way harder to wash off than mascara!

RebeccaLynne
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Paula, I can relate. Those of us who, for whatever reasons, carefully maintain a separation of our dual identities must be forever diligent to avoid detection.

I come home from work in the afternoon and frequently CD thereafter. On awakening the following morning, I use petroleum jelly to remove my mascara and eyeshadow. After showering, I double check the corners of my eyes to ensure no residue remains, and use a Q-tip to be sure all vestiges are eradicated.

Not paranoia... just protective and discreet. :heehee:

~Joanne~
08-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I am having such a hard time doing makeup right that most of the time I don't wear it just not to waste it so doing a quick change or what not i fairly easy and I don't have to worry about make up residue

Sallee
08-27-2012, 11:03 AM
great answer u left'em wondering

Sallee
08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I am always paranoid about my mascara and eyeliner I use eyemakeup remover several times but I have been busted more than once by my wife say"do you have eye makeup on" or you didn't get it all off. She is aware of my cding.
For day time I go easy on the eye make up so it isn't a problem but for clubbing I love to play with makeup. In the morning I do double and triple checks to be sure it is gone.

bridgetta
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Dont lie to your wife. But im not judging. Also. Vaseline takes off eyemakeup best. I generally use almond oil. I dont trust soap.