PDA

View Full Version : Ma'am in drab...odd...

Leyna
08-26-2012, 06:38 PM
So I was shopping at Wal-Mart, wearing pretty normal boy stuff: jean shorts, black crew neck shirt, casual sandals (in florida, so not weird)...and I got "ma'am'd" by the cashier. I had a bra & panties on underneath, but the shirt is pretty thick and (I don't think) anything showed thru. No makeup, my hair (which is growing out some, but is far from long) was not really done up, just a regular center part. And I was just ... "well, that was odd." I figured maybe she just wasn't really paying attention, just go a little mixed up, was having an out of sorts day, something, and I let it pass. But then she did it AGAIN when she gave me the receipt!

I don't know what to make of it. While I definitely favor my mother en femme, I don''t look particularly girly in my natural habitat. At least, I don't think I do. But it was just so odd. Was the cashier playing some sort of joke on me? I dunno. Anybody have an experience like this?

Cynthia Anne
08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Does seem a little strange that she said it twice! I wish I could be so lucky!

bridget thronton
08-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I take each ma'am as a gift - they seem to come sometimes when I am not dressed

Diane Smith
08-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I get "ma'amed" often by cashiers and at drive-up windows when in drab -- sometimes it seems the less I think about presenting femme, the more likely it is to happen. Of course, I do always present with long platinum hair, thin eyebrows, eye liner, shadow and long nails.

- Diane

sissystephanie
08-26-2012, 10:39 PM
I do wear feminine clothes quite often, but since I do not wear makeup or a wig I am definitely a man! I still get called "ma'am" often. Even when I am dressed fully drab!! I think it is probably because the SA's are not really paying attention!!

CarlaWestin
08-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Hmmmm? Walmart. Were you buying panties and bras by any chance?

Beverley Sims
08-27-2012, 01:13 AM
They might have been on drugs, or drinking heavily.
Don't try to analyze it. Too hard.:)

Nadine Annette
08-28-2012, 11:21 PM
I get it occasionally even at work. Usually it is on the phone.

Chickhe
08-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Maybe she way saying 'man'. Or she calls everyone mam. My daughter's soccer coach calls all the girls using 'over here guys'...

Annie D
08-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Do you know how many middle aged women with a short hair style wearing men's shorts, tennis shoes, and an oversized button shirt look like men? No matter what their sexual orientation, I think that I would ma'am them. As we age, men with hair start looking like women and women start looking like men. It's called gravity and too much time in the sun.

Kaz
08-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Never happens to me in drab... no hair! :D

gender_blender
08-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Happens to me constantly.

kristinacd55
08-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Sounds like a complement to me.....if you want it to be! :)

Jenny Doolittle
08-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Just take it as a compliment and say, "Thanks, We girls need to stick together!"

Megan_Renee
08-29-2012, 07:49 AM
I used to work in retail an very often I would call guys ,"ma'am." we had a lot of women through the store, so I had just gotten in the habit of calling everyone ma'am. I doubt she was trying to punk you or anything, just probably bone weary and not paying attention...

katie_barns
08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
They might have been on drugs, or drinking heavily.
Don't try to analyze it. Too hard.:)

LOL
But I agree not to analyze it to much. Stuff happens.

My problem is just the opposite. I get Sir'ed when dressed sometimes. That's discouraging!

Claire Cook
08-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Just take it as a compliment and say, "Thanks, We girls need to stick together!"

Indeed! I've been ma'am'ed several times in drab. Once a cashier looked up and apologized after she said it, and I did say something like "No worries .. I take that as a compliment!". I think she just smiled.