PDA

View Full Version : It's getting anoying

susancheerleader
08-27-2012, 12:28 AM
I've posted many times how I have not "come out" to anyone. But even so, I know my neighbors have seen me in full dress only from comments over heard. (Son telling father, "I saw **** wearing a women's dress." Father: "Perhaps he is gay.") Another neighbor I also know has seen me, but never asked or said anything. Still, I get along well enough with both and we still talk.

Moving on.
When I go to the store, or bank, or whatever. I am very often wearing women's jeans and sometimes a top. I try not to make it obvious though, and try to pull it off as masculine. And so far no one has questioned it. (Though I suspect they wouldn't anyway.) HOWEVER, I have ONE sister who has questioned a few of my chosen attire. And from her tone, I could tell she knows it is women' but she never pushed it.
That said.
When I know I am going to encounter my family, I try to wear women's clothes that probably could mask as mens clothing also.
I have to say. This is getting annoying.
I often am wearing one thing. Then have to change into another to see my family. Only to change back when I get home.

I am DAMN sure my Post Office staff knows. But frankly, I don't care.

I am still too chicken to "come out" to my family. Although, as mentioned, I suspect one of my sisters already knows. She just hasn't asked me about it.

Beverley Sims
08-27-2012, 01:10 AM
It is annoying changing clothes to please sharp eyed relatives.
If you do not want to come out, that is what you have to do.
It's annoying isn't it? :)

Davena Doll
08-27-2012, 01:48 AM
So you are anoyed people don't cair about your crossdressing...............isn't that a good thing.

Cynthia Anne
08-27-2012, 05:35 AM
I understand where you are coming from! I use to be the same way! Until one day I decided I just don't care anymore!

Sara Jessica
08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
What do you expect? You are trying to be all stealthy and in their face at the same time. Everyone knows what you are up to despite the fact they aren't saying anything.

And being seen in "full dress", again...what is it that you are expecting other than for people to be talking behind your back??? You won't confront the issue head-on, why should they?

Silmaril
08-27-2012, 08:04 AM
You won't confront the issue head-on, why should they?

I agree with Sara Jessica. I think you might be underestimating how uncomfortable it can be for people to bring up a subject like that. They probably don't want to invade your privacy, especially when it appears you're going to some length to conceal the issue. But you sound like you don't *want* them to bring it up ...otherwise wouldn't you dress even more obviously? I suggest that you need to decide what it is you would like, then behave in a way that makes that happen. You might have to move a little deeper into the closet. If your point is that that's bothersome, I agree ...but what do you *want*?

kimdl93
08-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Susan, many of us have reached a similar threshold... a point where the frustration or annoyance overwhelms your fears. In some sense, courage is nothing more than resolving to do what you feel needs to be done.

My first step outside came when I just couldn't stand the thought of switching back to drab just to move a sprinkler. I came out to my adult step daughter it seems that you are moving towards a decision point. because she'd been living with us for a while and I was growing tired of having to masquerade as male when she was around.

wilt575
08-27-2012, 12:03 PM
I
I understand where you are coming from! I use to be the same way! Until one day I decided I just don't care anymore!

I'm sure if your sister suspects she has shared with other family. I was like you until it's now or never, we had family outing scheduled for a weeked at a lake most were there early friday afternoon due to work I didn't show until evening dressed in womens bling jeans, spaghetti strap top with bra and forms. Got surprised mixed reactions I said it's true me like it or ignore it no more hiding. Saturday went swimming in bikini swin suit and taned. By time week end was over we were all comfortable about me.

katie_barns
08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Sounds like you're annoyed that no one will come out and ask you about it ! Quit being coy. Wear a dress so there is no doubt. I bet someone will ask you about it then! That way you can come out, get it over with and stop being annoyed. Just my 2 cents.
Have a great day