PDA

View Full Version : Purged, now I need help!!

Veronica James
08-27-2012, 09:57 AM
I had purged back in the winter and now I want to start to rebuild my wardrobe! I am going to still get my usual mini skirt, stockings, panties, bras, blouses and shoes, but I want any and all advice I can get!! I do love to go out day and night even though I am not always put together properly. I am a big girl at 6' 210 lbs, but I am not afraid to try new things.HELP!!!! : )

Laura912
08-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Welcome back from Purgeland. However, not too sure with what you would like help. How about a few hints. Now go shopping!!

Thera Home
08-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Take a deep breath, start slowly and enjoy it a little at a time

Thera

Karren H
08-27-2012, 10:17 AM
First.... go up the limit on your VISA card....

Thera Home
08-27-2012, 10:23 AM
First.... go up the limit on your VISA card....

Dave Ramsey says to pay cash.:heehee:
This will certainly keep it within your budget

Thera

Karren H
08-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Dave Ramsey says to pay cash.:heehee:
This will certainly keep it within your budget

Thera

Dave probably doesn't have to buy womens clothing? lol

GeminaRenee
08-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Hmmm, my advice would be this: DON'T PURGE NEXT TIME!!

(: welcome back!

kimdl93
08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
heck, by comparison with some of us, you're petite! I'm 6'2" and 220 (down from over 250 a few years back) and I know of a number of members who are 6'4 or taller!

OK, so the question is really how to select a wardrobe. If I were you'd I'd check out the womens and plus sized on line catalogs for ideas on complete outfits. since you undoubtably have male shoulders and arms a couple of basic tips - avoid squared off shoulders and instead go for raglan or dohlman sleeves. Don't buy tops that are too tight around the arms - a looser sleeve of 1/2 to 3/4 length may help disguise your arms. Look for tops with V necks and wear some bling around your neck (along with breast forms ) to divert the gaze way from your shoulders and arms. Usually, I would advise darker tops and lighter botooms...for the same reasons.

Also, I tend towards wrap tops that emphasize my waist (with a corset or firm shaper, of course). Some folks suggest showing more leg to divert visual attention, but unless its summer and you're dressed very casually, I think you're better off going with slacks or a knee length skirt.

And the overall goal - try to look like nicely dressed women in the settings you frequent. If its the mall, then go for more casual. If its dinner or clubbing, then ramp it up a bit.

RADER
08-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Yes; never purge, store all in some boxes in the Attic, or basement.
That way you have where you left off as a starting point.
Welcome back.
Rader

Beverley Sims
08-27-2012, 02:34 PM
Not much sympathy about purging in these replies.
There is a lot of help and advice though.:)

GaleWarning
08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Online browsing would be the place to start ... then hit the stores.

Michelle V
08-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Assuming you know your size I would start slowly going to Goodwill, I believe this will calm the pink fog spell an will help you save money. Don't go crazy online, remember we are not built like the models displaying the chores and it may get expensive, instead go to your local Ross and look in the clearance rack, I have found the best shoes there. Yard sales may be fun, just make sure u wash it all before wearing it (just like Goodwill) good luck with it all and go easy next time, realize we are who we are and will never really change on the inside, that is why we have this forum, to get whatever is afffecting our daily lives out and try to live as normal a life as possible.