PDA

View Full Version : I have a masculine job!!

Veronica James
08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
I have a very masculine job which prohibits me from shaving everything but my face. I have to sneak out at night in other cities so I won't be seen. I love dressing up, but if I am ever caught my co workers would never let me hear the end of it. I love my job (and the money) but I have to keep this secret!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

franlee
08-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Been there and done that. Living with our gift, not getting caught. No advise will change the way other will react or persicute you if you get caught. So the only good advise me or anyone ele can give you is, "Don't get caught!"

Sarasometimes
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
I believe many are in our shoes. I love my dangerous dirty macho job as much as I do getting all dressed up and getting my hair done. I see a therapist to get a better grip on these to opposing forces if you will. It sometimes bogles me how both of these desires reside in the same brain! Best advice is use caution.

SherriePall
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
It helps that she doesn't look like him or act like him. Stay away from places where you male co-workers might go. Head for dress shops and shoe stores. Stay away from macho bars.

Kate Simmons
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Your user name says it all Hon. Keep it that way for now.:)

bridgetta
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I think your allowed to shave your body as you wish. Olmympic swimmers shave. Its such a small freedom. How can we let them make us live so restricted?

What is your job. Maybe we can figure it out. You just need a good story. Usually if u stand up to them. If they keep pushing they quickly become the one with the issue. You see. Every guy wants to do it. They will be unconfortable how easily rhey are turned on by smoothness. They get nervous cause they are excited. Its easy to turn it around on them after that. Its their problem. Not yours. Just look them in the eye and stand up for yourself. Thats the secret to life

Tracii G
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
I was in the transportation industry for 40 years and those guys are some of the most homophobic you will find.
I shaved everything but the boys and I did get some flak but I never let it bother me.
If they give you a hard time just act like its nothing just your preference and defuse the situation.

kimdl93
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Not sure what you do that would allow your co-workers to see under your clothes. Are long pants and long sleeved shirts out of the question?

Karren H
08-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't trade working in underground coal mining for all the bras at Victoria Secrets..... get caught wearing pink panties underground and I probably would end up never seeing the light of day... lol.

The obvious solution is keep it a secret.... as long as you have the time and money.... keep on keeping on.....

bridgetta
08-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Exactly. When they ask the first time tell em. You shave cause its awesome. If it comes up again turn it around on them. They will come off as the one with the issue.

RebeccaLynne
08-27-2012, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't trade working in underground coal mining for all the bras at Victoria Secrets..... get caught wearing pink panties underground and I probably would end up never seeing the light of day... lol.

Karren, all the bras? Including a lifetime supply of Bombshells? Upping the ante, maybe all the panties, tap pants, boy shorts, hiphuggers, bikinis, negligees, camisoles, teddies, corsets and shapewear anyone could possibly imagine? How about all their casual wear, and a lifetime supply of MAC cosmetics as an added incentive? As good as hitting a big lottery prize, IMO. I'd retire today...

The obvious solution is keep it a secret.... as long as you have the time and money.... keep on keeping on.....

Yeah, underdressing at work is dicey... save the lacy panties for your off-duty attire.

Sometimes you just gotta be a guy. Then you clock out, go home, and be yourself. :)

BRANDYJ
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
I wonder what kind of job you have that would allow others to see your shaved body? I've worked in what you call very masculine jobs all my life. My body has been shaved for years. Not one co-worker ever saw a thing. I think you worry to much.

JohnH
08-27-2012, 12:42 PM
While I was working as a software contractor in northern Oklahoma I stayed in a budget motel. Most of the other tenants were blue-collar workers, almost all men, and we would gather together drinking beer. I wore denim skirts, shaved my body, and wore nail polish on my toenails. The only ribbing I ever got was when I was sloppy in applying the nail polish.

I got asked if I wore the skirts to church, and told them I did not. The guy asking the question said, "you should feel free to wear your skirts to church. They are a part of you."

So I say don't worry about shaving your body.

John

Wildaboutheels
08-27-2012, 01:09 PM
"I have a very masculine job..."

Do they allow bald guys where you work? If so, I don't think they would be able to dictate WHERE you or anyone else does or does NOT have hair. But... I confess, I am not a lawyer.

I imagine, the REAL problem is you are worried about what your coworkers might say or heaven forbid think?

Many of us here have "masculine" jobs and shave various places. And as multiple threads point out over and over, few people notice, care, or are dumb enough to make an issue of it. Besides, there are a number of good reasons to shave.

Is it really wise to worry about any coworkers who would leap to conclusions about a person based on shaving? As long as you otherwise remain the same person [to them] besides missing some body hair, it's irrelevant isn't it?

If you work with a large enough group of men who are not required to be covered from head to toe at all times by clothing, I bet you will notice IF YOU LOOK, at least one if not more that shaves [at least] their arms.

katie_barns
08-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Since you didn't explain why shaving could be detected it's hard to understand. I guess if you were a construction worker that took his shirt off from time to time and had a very hairy body it would be detected. I spent a few years slowly removing my hair from my body so that by the time I was hairless no one really noticed.

Also. I was also outed at work by a co-worker [with pictures] and it wasn't as bad as I thought. As a mater of fact very few even cared; and the ones that did say something didn't make that big a deal. That was 2 years ago and now I can even joke about it with them.

My guess would be that if suddenly they noticed your lack of hair they might tease you about it for a day or two. After that it would probably be forgotten.

Beverley Sims
08-27-2012, 02:54 PM
The first masculine job I had was part time and I stacked lingerie boxes in a *****house......No....warehouse.:)

GingerLeigh
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
People might surprise you. I too have a "MACHO" job. The macho men I work with have been buzzing about my shaved legs (and my rumored CDing) behind my back. However the one I considered the worst harasser turns out to be what I think may be an admirer. Just because of how much he knows about the CD world, and how he directly talks to me about girly things/mannerisms.... you just never know. Chances are, you're not the only one with a secret.

STACY B
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Macho Jobs ? Gee Wiz ,,,, I dont see how all you Big Men can have those Macho Kinda Jobs an do this stuff ? You need to get a job like me ,, No one ever messes with me on my job ,,, I dont blame you for being quiet about it ,,,lol,, They might give ya some Raw Jaw ,,, I like my job ,,Im a cleaning lady ,, Got my App in at the Shoe Store ,,No call yet but I am waiting ?

Tracii G
08-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Calm down Stacy we all know you are a macho hair dresser!!

Marcia Blue
08-27-2012, 06:14 PM
I work in the for a car dealership as an automotive tech. I shave from the neck down quite often. I am sure they notice, but they never bother me about it. Even if they did, they all know I am not one to tease to much. I do not get mad, I get even. The practical jokes I have in retaliation are mind boogling.

AngieStone
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Same here not only masculine but very macho. I get hassled all the time just because I wear spandex shorts when I cycle,and that is very excepted into days world, forget it if they ever saw me with pantyhose and heels on.
Angie

STACY B
08-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Calm down Stacy we all know you are a macho hair dresser!!

STOP --------- Telling ,,,, They will all want free cuts !! An I am still doing my internet training coarse anyway ,,, I am almost threw high lites an Color ,, Maybe that Dick at the Resturant Needs a cut ? I have something Special in Mind for Ol Mr Smarty Pants ,,, LOL,,,,

Allisa
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Okay,I'm a constructoin carpenter,I shave almost everything,once I was asked about my under arms and I responded that they smell less without hair and alot of the time someone has to work very close to that area,I'm just being thoughtful,than asked anywhere else? I responded yeah wanna see?I caught flack for about a week but now it's a non-issue.Remember I have mid back lenght hair that I get crap about all the time.Funny though when help is needed guess who they want by thier side.Being a man is easy be it hairless or not.Thicken your skin,stand your ground,don't back down.We can't be liked by everyone.
Lisa(AL)

Roberta Marie
08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I worked for 26 years in the fire service, but that was before I came to terms with my crossdressing. When I was on the department, I was so deep in the closet, I was closeted from myself. We not only worked together, but we literally lived together, working a 24 hour shift every 3rd day. I could not imagine having shaved legs or underdressing as I do now, while on the job.

However, there was an officer on a department not far from us that transitioned while on the job. So it is possible, but there is a difference between transitioning and crossdressing.

Jamie001
08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
If we continue to hide and make excuses, we will never make progress as transgendered folks. Gay folks made progress because they got out there and were proud of who they are. If we continually hide we will never make progress.

Sallee
08-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Imagine if you were out one night dressed at a club and you saw one of your macho work buddy's? chances are they wouldn't notice you or they wouldn't want to notice you.

Stacey Renee
08-27-2012, 11:11 PM
I have a very masculine job which prohibits me from shaving everything but my face. I have to sneak out at night in other cities so I won't be seen. I love dressing up, but if I am ever caught my co workers would never let me hear the end of it. I love my job (and the money) but I have to keep this secret!! Any advice is greatly appreciated! I do also, at least the world of it which is construction... While I am in upper management, I have the ability to shave, as I wear khaki's and most of the time long seeved shirts, but this summer it has been hot and have really cut down my arm hair, and no one questioned it.

I did keep my legs shaved most of the summer, have let them grow for the last 6 weeks as we have had company picnic's, family events, where I am wearing shorts, and I am not out as a crossdresser to them, much to the dismay of my wife who enjoys my crossdressing and likes my body as smoothe as hers.

In the winter, it will be easier, and this is when I normally dress as I like winter female styles better, though my wife has booked a three day getaway for Miami in February and she forbids me to bring any "male" clothes but what I will wear on the plane.

Veronnie2
08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
In response, I work in a man's professional field as a Construction engineer. My style of dress code is simple, jeans and a long sleeved shirt, usually in colors or denim. My body is completely devoid of body hair. I under dress for work every day. My hair currently is almost shoulder length and I keep it well combed. When outer dressed as a man I have the respect of all my peers and underlings. I do not worry about what they might think as it is the jobs that we all do that nets the results wanted by management. My feeling is this, If I was dressed 100% femme at work the results would still be the same, just that I would most likely be a more quiet sub-dued individual. Veronnica is that way and when I am Veronnica, I see everything in a different perspective. When we make the decision to be our alter ego, then that person comes out and takes over our lifestyle. While I love my manly side, I also love my femme side. I really do not care what others may think about me and my lifestyle, it is MY lifestyle and I am comfortable with it....Veronnica

Desiree2bababe
08-31-2012, 01:03 PM
If you want to keep it a secret, stay home because you will inevitably be seen. I can't imagine remaining "unknown" in these days of camera's on every phone.

Carmen
08-31-2012, 02:37 PM
My occupations for 90% of my working life has been nearly totally male dominated. Although we have attempted to hire the ladies several times, they failed to make the cut.
Okay so obviously my type of work is very macho, and you have to be mentally macho, and not so much in the physical sense.
Many years ago a rumor was going around, someone was questioning my 'maleness' and was going around talking it up behind my back. he was also tossing loose comments towards me n front of coworkers.
I mostly ignored his insults, but eventually I grew tired of his sarcasm.
We were walking together into a building thru the basement entrance. We had to walk thru several small equipment rooms to get to the main room. Well deep inside one of those small and very private rooms I waited until he closed the heavy security door behind us, but I didn't open the next door.
I turned and faced him and inquired as to his problem with me...was there something that I wasn't aware of. The smile immediately left his face as I stood there waiting for his typical smartass reply...but it didn't happen.
Ii locked eyes with him and asked him if there was anything that he wanted to know about me and that I was weary of him using me for his little comedic routines, and if he wanted to we would settle the problem here and now.
You should have seen the panic in his eyes! Now he wrestled in school and is a stocky guy, probably has me by 50 lbs, and I am taller by 4 inches...but he passed on his chance to square off with me, and I was offering it to him.
He saw that I was not smiling as I waited for his answer which never came, he just smiled weakly and said that he had no issues with me. I said "okay so we are cool now right?", he nodded agreement. I followed by saying that I was getting tired of his jokes and insults and I wanted to clear the air with him. (I was also his supervisor)
That move netted me many years of respect, of course he could not keep that event to himself and talked about our conversaton, which didn't help him any as he had passed on my offer to settle privately.

The guys at work know a lot about me, that I'm a writer, musician, artist, independant media producer, amateur astronomer, work on restoring my classic cars, camp and travel a lot, and I read everything. I keep a few things to myself...one of which is dressing. He and the other macho guys are simply small-minded individuals. Anything that exists outside of their beer, guns and the NFL stats only confuses them.
I'm the calm during the storm and it takes a lot to scare me.
It is your life and not their's. People want to sit back and dictate to the world how right they are when they are only showing us how ignorant that they truly are.

My rant!
Carmen

heatherdress
08-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Enjoy your job. If you love it, you are luckier than most. Keep dressing a secret. Figure out your limits. Enjoy what you can. You are very lucky.

Brianna612
08-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Most of the time we are our worst enemies. Our unfounded fears control us until we are outed or overcome them. Others will be comfortable with you if you are confident in your own skin. If others want to rib you they will find a way no matter what. It’s how you react to it that makes the difference. I’m a handyman, cabinetmaker and self-employed. I wear tank tops and shorts all the time in the summer, I also keep my entire body hairless and have had no trouble. Every once in a while an odd look but I react appropriately and go about my business. My attitude and quality of work speak for themselves.

My advice is be who you are and let everyone else worry about how to react.