PDA

View Full Version : Asking GGs where they bought an item of clothing/what makee-up they are wearing....

heathr1
08-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Have you ever hade a negative response from doing this?

So far, I have had all polite and encouraging replies.

Saffron
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
nope, but I didn't ask too many times.

MichelleMiles
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM
All positive experiences for me. I've asked a few times about skirts, dresses and shoes, when I'm in drab though... I'm still too shy en femme. Though I am an attractive male, so maybe they thought it was just flirting. lol

alisa63
08-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I was at a bar one time out of town wearing a little bit of mascara and eyeshadow, lip gloss, etc. Not enough to really draw attention, but it was there if someone really looked at me. Anyway, the female bartender had done this really cute whispy thing with here eyeliner and I asked her how she did it. She looked at me puzzled and I said "no, like how would I do that on me?" and pointed out my make up. It didn't really fathom her one way or another, but she did describe how she did it with a wet brush, etc. I then asked it she would do it to me, but she politely declined. Oh well, guess I pushed it a little too far, but I was feeling daring, out of town, a couple drinks...

kimdl93
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I've never asked the question, but a couple of GGs have asked me where I got a top or some nice sandals. Its not a big deal.

outhiking
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm still totally male when out of the house, but I've found that most women like to share where they found something and are flaterred that you noticed and appreciated something that they are wearing. I also compliment nails since I know how hard the can be to get right. Just don't over do it and I think you'll be fine.

STACY B
08-27-2012, 06:17 PM
You know me ,,,, Big Mouth ---- Anyway ,, I asked all kinds of stuff ,,Once the Shock is over GGs are ALWAY WILLING to talk about clothes an shoes an just about anything else ,,, An once they start its great cuz they totaly forget about the rest . I have been in Deep conversations plenty of times ,, Just the other day at the bank about hair . Its fun as hell once ya get it started ,, You can tell the good ones from the ones that might freak . Just lead up to it an if they bite then take off .

AngieStone
08-27-2012, 06:30 PM
I usually just say, "Wow you look great in that". They will reply most of the time,"thanks I got it on sale at so and so or whatever. Most of the time I get some feedback on a store.

sonna
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
i ask all the time. no problems yet!

docrobbysherry
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately, I don't seem to understand "female"! So, even if they understood my questions, I wouldn't comprehend their replies!

Diane Smith
08-27-2012, 10:42 PM
When I'm out, I constantly get questions about my shoes, nails, clothes, makeup and jewelry, so I don't see why I shouldn't be equally entitled to ask the same of others. If a woman has put some care and thought into her appearance and outfit, she is usually anxious to tell others about it!

- Diane

outhiking
08-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Funny, but as a guy, I don't think I've ever been asked about anything I was wearing, except maybe skis.

Beverley Sims
08-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I have been in drab with girls that knew me and asked where they had bought something.
It nearly always turned around to "If We were you we would wear this or that. Come on and lets see how it looks on you."

Tracii G
08-28-2012, 01:42 PM
I did a few times and always in drab.
I was at a Kohls store looking around the womens clothes and the SA asked if I needed help.
I said did you get that sweater dress here? I was looking for one like that.You look fabulous in it.She said thank you yes I did.
Where are they? I asked.She said follow me.
She took me right to them and asked what size does your wife wear? I chuckled and said its for me she smiled and said OK we need to see what size you are then.
The tape came out and she measured me smiling the whole time.
Never judged me at all and seemed to be enjoying it.She found my size and said go try this one and see if the shoulders are OK I did and she asked me to come out of the dressing room.
She said well that looks really nice on you and just the right length too.
She told me I was the first guy who ever bought a dress from her.
We are still friends to this day.

Abbygirl
08-28-2012, 07:59 PM
I have been in drab with girls that knew me and asked where they had bought something.
It nearly always turned around to "If We were you we would wear this or that. Come on and lets see how it looks on you."

Oh MY what a fantasy!