PDA

View Full Version : wearing a nightie at work

Jess6887
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I am currently at work, I'm a road worker but I work alone, and I have a full length pink nightie under my uniform it feels great, I wish I can take off my uniform and work in a nightie only :)

Emma Leigh
08-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Ive worn a chemise under my uniform occasionally.......but never a full length nightie......at least it will save time when you get home to bed :heehee:

Karren H
08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Breaking news.... major traffic accident at a work zone on the interstate...... photos at 11!

giuseppina
08-27-2012, 05:01 PM
You're irrepressible, Karren. :devil:

outhiking
08-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Try a cami sometime. They give you that same nice soft feeling without bunching up in your pants.

Senior Dresser
08-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Could you wear a halter top in summer?

reb.femme
08-27-2012, 05:39 PM
.............I have a full length pink nightie under my uniform it feels great, I wish I can take off my uniform and work in a nightie only :)

This is absolutely nothing new. We have a similar thing going on regularly in the UK. They all wear night attire, male or female. They call it the Post Office night shift. :devil:

Rebecca x

Jess6887
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
It is a great feeling and no body knows, :) I will try s bra next time, and Kareen that was really bad to say I've seen a co worker die before on the roads its not nice and inconciderate to say that

Kaz
08-27-2012, 06:10 PM
This is absolutely nothing new. We have a similar thing going on regularly in the UK. They all wear night attire, male or female. They call it the Post Office night shift. :devil:

Rebecca x

Do we still have a Post Office? :devil:

Jess... Karren has a great sense of humour... don't be offended. I have done a lot of work with the police and what we call the Highways Agency (look after the motorways and major trunk roads) and their contractors... I may not have experienced it... but I am aware of the dangers and many many instances of where it went horribly wrong for people.

It is a dangerous job... but you did approach it from a certain perspective... I guess, I could therefore add... don't mix dressing with dangerous work... it could be distracting? :hugs:

reb.femme
08-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Do we still have a Post Office? :devil:

Apparently, it's a bit like UFO sightings. Compelling us to believe but with no hard evidence to back it up!

Rebecca x

Beverley Sims
08-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Some years ago there was a fad where women wore nighties as evening dresses.

Contessa
08-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Dear Jess6887

Just wait til work is over and then you might be able to remove your uniform. I know you just want to but only do what you would any other person to do. Have fun with your life with out getting in trouble. I would rather see you out here than inside breaking rocks in that same nighte.

Tess

Jess6887
08-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I know I've gotta wait till I.go home :( but can't wait.till I do another 4 hours to.go.at work

Jess6887
08-28-2012, 03:05 AM
just got home and finally I can take off the uniform

janet p
08-28-2012, 09:54 AM
I was wearing a nightie while driving but not under anything and unfortunetly came unto a accident where a boulder had rolled off the side of a hill and hit a car, nobody was seriouly hurt but it was in the middle of no where and I stopped to help and trying to get out of that nightie and put on some drab clothes before someone climbed into the truck to get some help in the next town was a nightmare.

Stephanie47
08-28-2012, 11:15 AM
A full length, as in floor length, nightie? There must have been a really big bulge of bunched up material. I recommend a camisole with matching split slip and proper hosiery. I find that combination works well while being out and about.

outhiking
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
It is a great feeling and no body knows, :) I will try s bra next time,

I've often worn an unlined bra under heavy shirts. It doesn't show if the shoulder straps are wide enough, but be warned, if anyone pats you on the back, they will notice it. The you just call it a back brace. You could also try some of the newer sports bras, but they will give you some support if you are lucky enough to have anything on your chest, and could be noticable.

Abbygirl
08-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I have one black satin cami that has no strap adjusters. I'm lucky that it fits so well without them. In the wintertime it feels simply divine under male sweaters I wear to work. Short enough to where I don't have to worry about it peeking out the bottom, and no worries about wayward hugs, either.