PDA

View Full Version : Support Groups

alisa63
08-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Hey everybody! I'm new to the board and have seen a lot of mentioning of support groups. Are there local support groups out there with meetings? If so, how do I go about finding one? Thanks so much!

Aprilrain
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
that depends on where you live. If you live in a metro area there is probably a support group. try googling your city's name with gender support group or TS support group something to that affect.

Phoebe
08-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey everybody! I'm new to the board and have seen a lot of mentioning of support groups. Are there local support groups out there with meetings? If so, how do I go about finding one? Thanks so much!alisa,
You did not mention where you live! That would be helpful to narrow down what support groups may be around your area. If in the USA for one there is Tri-Ess a support group for heterosexual crossdressers: http://www.tri-ess.org/ Click on the chapter list to see if there is a chapter near you.

Tracii G
08-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Look into a GLBT chapter in your area should be in the phone book too.
They support CD's as well.

kimdl93
08-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Thats an excellent first question, Alisa. And as noted by April and Janet, it depends entirely upon where you live. Google is your friend. Use it.

BLUE ORCHID
08-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi Alisa, Google triess and see if they have a chapter near you.

Sarah Doepner
08-28-2012, 06:56 PM
If you are in a city or town with a University they probably have a group there.

Rachel Morley
08-28-2012, 07:41 PM
I totally agree with the others. Use Google and type in the name of your city and the the words "transgender", "crossdressing" and "support group" (without the quotation marks) ... and see what comes up. :)

Love2Dress
08-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I don't think there is one where I live, although I feel it would really help