PDA

View Full Version : Kelsey Grammer and Oprah Discuss Crossdressing "Accusations"

LaLaChic
08-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Check out the video starting at the 1:15 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Er6Nl6SRE

I don't appreciate them talking about CD-ing as a bad thing. And I'm angry about the scoffing and giggling.

kimdl93
08-28-2012, 05:58 PM
It's only discussed at all because Oprah's audience found the subject titillating.

ReineD
08-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Kelsey made it sound as if for him it is just a kinky bedroom thing. No one knows if he is masking the truth, due to societal bias about men who visibly express femininity and for whom there is a gender identity component. But if in fact it is just a fetish for him, this explains the titillation. Sex or anything related to sex is still rather taboo in our society and it is not a subject that many people are comfortable taking about openly.

STACY B
08-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Woo,,,, He said he dont live his life as a CD ,,,Not that he wasn't one ? So guess what ? Ha,,,HA,,,,, I guess he in the OL Closet ? Huh.... Well ,,, Well ,,, Guess he has picked his side ,,,LOL,,, Welcome ,,,Welcome ,,, Maybe he will creep out one day ,, Wonder if he is a Lurker here ? Ya never know ? Hey Kelsy if your out there ,, They gotta big sale at JC Pennys ,,, See ya there ,,,LOL,,, Yull know me when ya see me ,, I look just like my pictures ,,, An yes this is my real hair ,,,

Beverley Sims
08-28-2012, 06:30 PM
As has been said it is "tittilating" for Opraha's audience.
Something to encourage sponsorship of her show.
She makes a lot of money out of "tittalation".:)

Julogden
08-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Stacy, you caught the same thing I did. What he said implies to me that he does crossdress, just not all the time.

He's probably a member here.

Hi, Kelsey! :Peace:

Don't be scared, it's okay to dress up with us. ;)

Ashley Allison
08-28-2012, 08:49 PM
He dodged the question very well. I think I would do the same thing if I were in the same position.

bridgetta
08-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Omg. I havent even watched it and i find it so terribly uncomfortable. Have to bookmark it or later. Poor guy! Oprah hotseat

Voulez-Vous
08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't appreciate them talking about CD-ing as a bad thing. And I'm angry about the scoffing and giggling.

I suggest getting some thicker skin.

jessicapaige
08-28-2012, 09:44 PM
I heard that interview with his ex on the Howard Stern show... and if we are to believe much of what she said he is a pretty weird and repressed dude. For some reason I'm inclined to believe her. He comes across as a hollow guy doing his best impersonation of a good man.

LaLaChic
08-28-2012, 10:36 PM
I suggest getting some thicker skin.

My mother could say something mean to me and I wouldn't even blink.

I'm not angry at Kelsey or Oprah. I'm angry that this could plant seeds in the minds of the viewers (thousands? millions?) that cd-ing is laughable.

Debglam
08-28-2012, 10:45 PM

She bought me a drink once at The Tranny Shack in San Francisco. At least that is what I told the National Enquirer!

Voulez-Vous
08-28-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm angry that this could plant seeds in the minds of the viewers (thousands? millions?) that cd-ing is laughable.

Take a close look around. It is laughable. If you can't laugh at this you'll be crying.

Lorileah
08-28-2012, 11:20 PM
*yaawn*.... This guy is still around because? Come to think of it Oprah is around because????? (fess up Oprah, you are gay...c'mon...fess up)

Chickhe
08-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Nothing they said upsets me. If you read between the lines, he basically said he had some fun and its not a life changing even and the details are private. I think his answer was perfect...not that I really care much about celebrities.

Amy Fakley
08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I watched this video last night. It was basically "yeah well, I'm the most interesting man in the world and I do some crazy stuff in private that you can only imagine". Pretty well handled I'd say. Nothing offensive about that response I'd say.

I found myself thinking about it this morning though. It must be pure hell to be one flavor or another of TG and be a celebrity (and not be famous for that aspect of yourself). Trying to put myself in Kelsey's shoes for a minute ... I've dreamed of finding success with my musical endeavors my whole life. Though at this point, I have better chances buying a lottery ticket ... what if that actually happened ... and worse, what if my whole career was balanced on the fulcrum of "he's a likeable normal guy's guy!".

I could literally never come out. Even if I accepted myself and worked through all my family impacts, I'd still have to choose between being myself and doing the thing I love for a living.

respect, Mr. Grammer ... I feel your pain (sort of).
I thought you handled it as well as anyone could have.

TGMarla
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM
I think the bottom line here is that even if he did (or does) crossdress, it would not be beneficial to his career if he were to actually admit it. That's just the way it is. He's currently very successful, and he needs to look out for his image and his status as an actor that will be sought out by those who would want him in their productions. Admitting to something like crossdressing, like it or not, would probably compromise that. So true or not, he is cautious enough to deny it.

Dana921
08-29-2012, 09:22 AM
I thought he handled the interview well and maintained a certain level of privacy that everyone should have if they choose. Whether we agree or not, it is the individual’s right to choose to disclose or not, parts of themselves.

I did pick up that he said he did not live his life as a crossdresser, not that he did not do it on occasion. Then he said basically he was adventuresome sexually that he also denied explaining or discussing further.

One of the things I tell the audience when I do outreach type of discussions is they are free to ask any and all questions, but I am also free to not answer some that are to personal to me! Handling it and changing or getting past the question without killing the discussion can be a challenge in execution but we are not obligated to share everything just because we are the focus of the discussion.

sterling12
08-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, it's his business. I try to always separate an Actor's Role's from The Person's Actual Life. I can judge him as an Actor, but It's probably not my business what he does in his personal life....unless it's something criminal, and actually effects me. But, I don't read The National Enquirer, nor watch those Silly Fan Shows like Entertainment Tonight, so it's just not very important to me.

However, everyone is speculating here, so I'll add my two cents. He very carefully stepped around The Issue of Crossdressing. You Gals are right, he said He did not live his Life as a CD....so, I guess he's not 24/7. But, when asked a Follow-On Question, he did state that he had been "sexually adventurous." Actually said that a couple of times, and then as is his Right, failed to elaborate.

He let something else drop too. On a different question, (Part Three on UTube) he mentioned that he had reviewed a letter he had written about his Sister, before The Interview. That means to me, "That Oprah's Interviews are not spontaneous!" Apparently people get a List of Questions, and have time to prepare their answer's. If that is so, then his response on The CD Question, makes his answer very suspicious. If I wanted to be deceptive, and not possibly get caught in a direct lie, that's the kind of answer I would prepare.

Like I said, all of our speculating is probably unimportant. He DOES have The Right to his Privacy! He's a good actor IMHO, and that's my only true interest.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Madam Rose
08-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I hate Oprah she is just a tool and I thought Grammer was a CD?

Brianna612
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Spin Spin Spin, The only thing that bothers me is that if he were gay he would proudly proclaim that he was gay. Why doesn’t the CD community proudly proclaim that we are CD’s? I Proudly proclaim I am a Cross-Dresser. There.

prettytoes
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I am not, nor have I ever been a fan of the BIG O...and I mean BIG! She manipulates questions to get the replies she wants, and she is one of the worst reverse-racists I have ever seen!

I will not watch anything that has her name attached to it...mostly rubbish!
Just my opinion.

t-girlxsophie
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
What's the last decent acting thing Kelsey Grammer has done,and as for Oprah,is she at all relevent anymore? Who cares what these overpaid celebrities say or think.I cetainly could care less

Sophie

Lynn Marie
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Stacy, you caught the same thing I did. What he said implies to me that he does crossdress, just not all the time.

He actually said "Never been a crossdresser" immediately before "Never lived as a crossdresser". If he's sexually adventursome, then I'm sure he's tried on a few feminine garments and we all know what that leads to! I wish him and his wife and the kids well. Divorce is not something I would reccommend as a fun activity. I'm not against it after the kids are raised, but it's still a hard thing to go through.

Ineke Vashon
08-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Sex or anything related to sex is still rather taboo in our society and it is not a subject that many people are comfortable taking about openly.

The oxymoron: virtually everything in this country is marketed usually featuring a sexy, deshabille young female, no matter what the product.

It's well known, sex sells.

Ineke

ReineD
08-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I know, it's a paradox. On the one hand we have the "look but don't touch" approach with suggestive ads, and then we have people who become *shocked* when Representatives tweet pics of their privates to women. :p

Duana
08-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I think the bottom line here is that even if he did (or does) crossdress, it would not be beneficial to his career if he were to actually admit it. That's just the way it is. He's currently very successful, and he needs to look out for his image and his status as an actor that will be sought out by those who would want him in their productions. Admitting to something like crossdressing, like it or not, would probably compromise that. So true or not, he is cautious enough to deny it.

It doesn't seem to have hurt the careers of John Travolta, Rudy Guiliani, Dennis Rodman or Jim Carrey.

ReluctantDebutant
08-30-2012, 05:27 PM
I know, it's a paradox. On the one hand we have the "look but don't touch" approach with suggestive ads, and then we have people who become *shocked* when Representatives tweet pics of their privates to women. :p

Off topic: I was in the army I work a blue collar job. I hang out with guys. The sex they talk about is almost always hypothetical sex or fantasy sex: which hot actress they will bed or which hot girl in the bar they'd take home etc. It is almost never about what they did with thier girlfriends or wives, that is private, off limits, not for descussion. Madison Ave. sells fantasy sex while we like to keep real sex private.

On topic: It seems kind of hipocritical to get gossipy or vouyeuristic about a celeb getting outed for CDing. Many of us would not wish this to happen to us it just seems wrong to add to it.

kimdl93
08-30-2012, 05:35 PM
On topic - we are a society of hypocrites. I won't bother mentioning the politicians who have gay siblings or children. But what interest does the tabloid element of society have in these people besides the fact that they are gay....none. I'm embarrased as an American, every time I walk through the grocery checkout line...not because John Travolta is gay or Kelsey Grammer may be a CD, but because that is something worthy of devoting to print. I am certain that there are more newsworthy events.

Emma Leigh
08-30-2012, 06:28 PM
You mean you have someone who,s named after a school in England ????....whatever...but its not Kelsey Grammer anymore......its Kelsey Sports College......he will have to change his name.....whoever he is

msginaadoll
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I thought he handled everything well. Why cant what he enjoys doing in the bedroom as he says be private.

oliviall
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
I think he handled it well too... I didn't think anything was out of line... its up to each of us how private or public this should be, and I wouldn't want to talk about my bedroom on TV either...