PDA

View Full Version : Younger CDs?

GrayGirl83
08-28-2012, 11:40 PM
just simply as a matter of observation, I'm noticing that a lot of the posters on here seem to edge more towards middle age/seniors. That's not a complaint/judgement (in fact, you ladies look great!) but I'm wondering if I'm an oddity here being in my late twenties. Is the age range a little more bell curvy than I'm sensing? Granted I've only been lurking/posting for about a month or so...

Just curious

Krystalina
08-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Well, I'm 31...just turned 31 in June, and while I can honestly say I wanted to CD since I was 10, I'm slowly learning about the subculture now and trying to fully embrace it. Gigantic shoe fetishist, by the way(shrugs), and now that I'm on my own, trying to get my "Krystalina" image together.

Sorry, like to talk a lot, lol.

Tracii G
08-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Lots of CDers your age here seek and ye shall find.

GrayGirl83
08-28-2012, 11:55 PM
Well, I'm 31...just turned 31 in June, and while I can honestly say I wanted to CD since I was 10, I'm slowly learning about the subculture now and trying to fully embrace it. Gigantic shoe fetishist, by the way(shrugs), and now that I'm on my own, trying to get my "Krystalina" image together.

Sorry, like to talk a lot, lol.

Then we have a lot in common, I'm only now engaging this part of me now too. And I also talk a lot :)

Lots of CDers your age here seek and ye shall find.

I figured, just wondering aloud. Thanks!

Ashley Allison
08-29-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm not a senior or middle aged. :)

The reason why you see so many older CDs is because many younger guys who are crossdressers/transgender are not willing to admit their true nature to themselves or the world. It is a simple fact backed by psychology.

May(be)
08-29-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm mid-20's. There is a group on here devoted to 18-25 year olds. Many young crossdressers exist on this forum. You don't have to go far to find them. Stick around and you will see.

Eryn
08-29-2012, 12:09 AM
I really wish that I had had the Internet when I was in my 20s or 30s. It might well have saved decades of thinking that there was nobody else like me!

As far as the median age on the forum, I think that we established it as somewhere in the 50s, but there are definitely a lot of younger folk here. I think that a lot of younger CDers are somewhat more comfortable with themselves and therefore less likely to seek out support.

GrayGirl83
08-29-2012, 12:18 AM

The reason why you see so many older CDs is because many younger guys who are crossdressers/transgender are not willing to admit their true nature to themselves or the world. It is a simple fact backed by psychology.

I guess that's possible. It took me until now to embrace it and I've pretty much known since I was 5

I'm mid-20's. There is a group on here devoted to 18-25 year olds. Many young crossdressers exist on this forum. You don't have to go far to find them. Stick around and you will see.

I plan to! But 18-25? Now I've gone from feeling young to old... ;)

I really wish that I had had the Internet when I was in my 20s or 30s. It might well have saved decades of thinking that there was nobody else like me!

As far as the median age on the forum, I think that we established it as somewhere in the 50s, but there are definitely a lot of younger folk here. I think that a lot of younger CDers are somewhat more comfortable with themselves and therefore less likely to seek out support.

Thanks Eryn, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

Brittany CD
08-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I'm younger than you. I'm in my early twenties

Candice Mae
08-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't worry there are quite a few girls here in their 20's, but like Eryn posted the majority of members are 40-50+.

And FYI, Candice is 25.

jessicapaige
08-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Judging by the 83 at the end of your name, I'd venture to say we are the same age :battingeyelashes:

larry
08-29-2012, 12:47 AM
There are ALL ages on this forum. But you are lucky us OLD TIMERS will understand "bell curvy" hehe

GrayGirl83
08-29-2012, 01:01 AM
There are ALL ages on this forum. But you are lucky us OLD TIMERS will understand "bell curvy" hehe

haha I was wondering if anyone would catch that... :D

Mollyanne
08-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Hi there Gray/Girl, Actually there are quite a few younger girls here.

Molly

Vickie_CDTV
08-29-2012, 03:33 AM
I started in the trans community when I was 19, almost 16 years ago, and believe me I was a real oddity at the time! I am 35 now, but I was in your position not too long ago, are there any specific questions or concerns you have?

Jolene Robertson
08-29-2012, 05:48 AM
Hi Gray. I wish there had been a site like this when I was younger. I thought that there was something wrong with me and lived with that for years. Finally after retiring I had the time to look for more information and found this site. It is very refreshing to find that I'm not alone, but it takes time to sort things out after all those years of suppressing who you really are. I've dressed since I was 11 or 12 to some extent. I wish I could have dressed back when I was thin and had a few less wrinkles.
I'm sure there are other "older" members on here who have down the same path as I.

Hugs,
Jolene

gender_blender
08-29-2012, 06:42 AM
I turned 30 earlier this year. I just don't have much free time to post responses as frequently.

RileyEvans
08-29-2012, 08:26 AM
I'm about to be 26. I think that over the last few months the number of younger members has increased a little bit but most dont post a whole lot.

Zaliel
08-29-2012, 08:36 AM
You are not alone, I am only 20 :)

GeminaRenee
08-29-2012, 08:37 AM
I'm 33 (it's your call whether or not you consider that younger), and I certainly feel like I belong with the youth-y crowd. I don't think I would have joined a forum like this until recently though... I suppose parts of me kept hoping that my desire to dress would go away. So I've come to terms with it, and this is where I like to spend some of my online free time.

I would suspect that you see 'more' older posters because there's a larger sample size of older cd'ers who have been able to stop fighting the pink fog and come to peace with it.

(:

MichelleMiles
08-29-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm 29, soon to be 30!
I've actually had a presence on the web as Michelle for quite sometime, but I just recently joined this forum. I think there are a lot of young CDs around, but many are still just discovering themselves, whereas the older you get the more willing you are to explore and be open about your lifestyle. And I think the more 'out' you are in real life, the more 'out' you become online too, and that comes with time and age.

JamieRog
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm 25, and I think Ashley Allison might be on to something. (btw, i like allison/automatic tranny reference)
When I went to a meeting of my local CD/TG/TS group I noticed i was just about the only one under 30. I guess for many it takes a long time to come to terms with ones own identity, especially if you have a family looking to you to be "masculine and strong".

kimdl93
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
This isn't a random sample. The participation may reflect the fact that the OTA members have opportunities to dress, maybe a degree of progression as we mature, and it also may reflect the likelihood that we have more time to spend on the computer than some younger CDrs.

But I've been impressed by the number of younger CDrs I've hre met in recent months.

Noeda
08-29-2012, 10:44 AM
In a few days i''ll turn 32...

Ambergold43
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
26 here, only been able to find a few younger people... problem is 26+ is "too old" to be considered a "young crossdresser."

JamieRog
08-29-2012, 11:07 AM
26 here, only been able to find a few younger people... problem is 26+ is "too old" to be considered a "young crossdresser."
I will be running into that issue soon.

Saffron
08-29-2012, 01:04 PM
I plan to! But 18-25? Now I've gone from feeling young to old...

:D

I felt the same when I found that forum.

Time to create a late 20s forum! :devil:

NicolaF
08-29-2012, 01:21 PM
I don't post much but I'm only 21.

I agree the with you though that the average age on here does seem to be much older, even the 18-25 section is extremely quiet most the time.

Candice Mae
08-29-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't post much but I'm only 21.

I agree the with you though that the average age on here does seem to be much older, even the 18-25 section is extremely quiet most the time.

Ya, I've noticed that too... But it is summer time so most of us are busy with other extra curricular activities.

Jorja
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
OMG, you girls are old! :D

I on the other hand am 16 or 60 depending on my mood ;)

xd-tigger
08-29-2012, 04:09 PM
28 here, there are young CD/TV/TS here, but they are usually in the 18-25 section.

Annette Todd
08-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Yea I am older. I spent all of my younger years in the military when diversity got you the ol boot in the ass. Now. I don't give a shiite.

xdressed
08-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Turned 20 this January. I think the youngest person I've seen on here was about 16 but generally most are older

danielle512
08-29-2012, 05:04 PM
I'm a ripe old age of 31, but I don't feel that ancient. I just wish I could find some friends to hit the town with in the East Tennessee area.

TxKimberly
08-29-2012, 05:14 PM

Yep, what she said! Also, I think that with the world today being a bit more accepting, it is also possible that fewer younger folks feel the need to seek solace here.

Oh, and thanks for making me feel so damned old . . .

Bree Wagner
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
I still get to check that 24-35 box on all those surveys I have to take! Only for 2 more years though...

JessicaVal
08-29-2012, 07:16 PM
27 here!

I think they hit it on the head when they mentioned the psychology bit. It probably takes a few years for people to really become comfortable enough to even come out on the Internet.

BLUE ORCHID
08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Gray, It's great that we have the internet to get together.

docrobbysherry
08-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm 25, and I think Ashley Allison might be on to something. (btw, i like allison/automatic tranny reference)
When I went to a meeting of my local CD/TG/TS group I noticed i was just about the only one under 30. I guess for many it takes a long time to come to terms with ones own identity, especially if you have a family looking to you to be "masculine and strong".
U r showing maturity WAY beyond what u r supposed to understand at your age, Jamie! I didn't know which hand to wipe with until I was over 35! Figuring who and/or what I was took quite awhile. And, I HAD NO GENDER OR SEXUAL PREFERENCE ISSUES until much later in life!

No offense, Amber, but it's remarks like THIS that prove my point above! It takes most folks until age 35 or so to BEGIN figuring things out! Because you've lived so short a time, your perspective is terribly narrow! Looking down from my ladder of experience, I don't see much DIFFERENCE in ages 18 thru 40! You're ALL young whippersnappers to me!

Dam, Kim! Is THAT sexy babe in your avatar the NEW U?

StacyChambers
08-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Another member of the coveted 18-49 demographic here! ;)

GrayGirl83
08-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I started in the trans community when I was 19, almost 16 years ago, and believe me I was a real oddity at the time! I am 35 now, but I was in your position not too long ago, are there any specific questions or concerns you have?

Not really, just making an inquiry. It's just nice to know what kind of audience one's dealing with, older/younger/etc. Seems like a little of every age :)

I think I know what you mean. The type of clothes I like to wear seem to be a little bit out of my "appropriate" age range (not to mention body type but that's a different conversation all together).

Don't you know yet? Golden rule around here...NEVER ask a lady her age.....:)

You'll note I VERY CAREFULLY phrased it such that I asked about a general age range... volunteering the info leaves my hands blood-free ;)

(nice avatar, btw! very sexy)

I'm a ripe old age of 31, but I don't feel that ancient. I just wish I could find some friends to hit the town with in the East Tennessee area.

Amen to that, sister! I don't know if I'm quite there yet, but I'd love some girlfriends to go out with (eventually)

GinaD
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
I think most of us started young, but there was no internet or other real means of communicating ideas other than face to face. The opportunities for that kind of communication were rare unless you had gay associates or some really open minded girl friends. Alternative lifestyles were not as easily tolerated when I was younger.

mitranour
08-30-2012, 03:14 AM
I'm almost 22 and I guess I'm the youngest amongst my CD/TG/TS friends

Makayla
08-30-2012, 04:35 AM
27 here, never once posted in the young cd forum when i could, was never any need

Princess29
08-30-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm 36 (the 29 part of my user name was my age when I signed up for this site). Most of the people who I've met are 20-30 years older than me. Lovely people to be sure, but with the age difference, there is an element where I cant relate to the other person

Melissa

Erica Marie
08-30-2012, 05:01 AM
Hi, 43 here and have been dressing since I was 16. Seems like forever. I just wanna say to all the younger gurls here that you are very lucky. There are so many resources available to you that I never knew about when I was younger. The internet for one. My advice is, be yourself and dont be afraid. So many of us did the things others wanted or expected of us and it leads to a lifetime of struggles.

Engendered
08-30-2012, 05:08 AM
We were all born in the 20th Century, and so cosmically are all pretty much the exact same age. Apologies to anyone reading this under the age of 12. You have an interesting life ahead of you! Have fun with it! :)

Results of an earlier topic:
http://www.skynet.ie/~susan/crosnew3.png

countrygirl
08-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Amanda here and I am 31

Love2Dress
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm in my very early 20s, but it's nice to see a whole range of ages

Nocturnal Kaylee
08-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I think I know what you mean. The type of clothes I like to wear seem to be a little bit out of my "appropriate" age range (not to mention body type but that's a different conversation all together).

I totally relate to this. I'm 24 and I have such a hard time finding a style I like. My girlfriend tries to help a lot but the stuff she seems to pick for me is way to "mom" style for my tastes.

Beverley Sims
08-31-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, they're everywhere, it is a bit early, they just haven't come out yet. :)

Kimberlyfaye
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm 26. I think alot of it is to do with social conditioning, so men should be men. It makes it hard for young crossdressers to accept who they are when society demands we be male. Just speaking for me but although I am quite young I know that I would rather be female. I think many of the older crowd here have been through all that and have long since accepted their fem side which is where some of us younger dressers haven't reached yet. As some have said, younger dressers like myself are lucky to have the internet and places like this. It's also a great place to meet you amazing people who have walked the path before us so we can get advice and guidance from all of you.

pyleris23
08-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Well I'm 20 years old.. But i started reading the forum when I was 19, so I bet there are many other young Cds who just don't feel like talking yet...

Julogden
08-31-2012, 07:18 PM
It used to be that the younger CD's tended to not be particularly self-accepting, older CD's are. Also, nowadays many younger CD's tend to be less concerned about being a CD and may be just going about living life as they want to and don't feel a need for a support site like this. :2c:

Carol

GrayGirl83
08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
I totally relate to this. I'm 24 and I have such a hard time finding a style I like. My girlfriend tries to help a lot but the stuff she seems to pick for me is way to "mom" style for my tastes.

The eternal question of "too young?" vs "too old?". I think I'd rather err on the side of young

lthrambertv
08-31-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm 25 and i started crossdressing, well, yesterday and i feel much more at ease with myself dressed en femme.

xdressed
09-01-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm 25 and i started crossdressing, well, yesterday and i feel much more at ease with myself dressed en femme.

You crossdressed for the first time yesterday?

Rachael Benson
09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
21 here! I've been reading the forums for a while also before joining - as silly as it sounds sometimes you need to build up the confidence just to talk about it!

Ayame
09-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I feel the thing is most cross dressers/tg folk don't come out right away, the reality is that on this site, at meetings, or at tg bars you will find that most people are 35+. I fell this is because people that are 35+ have the money to sort of keep locations running from their patronage and they don't live with their parents, so of course they will be at these places. I feel this age range further disconnects younger cross dressers/tg people and scares them off. For someone that is in their 20's that isn't even done with school yet, it is kind of a mood killer to hear so many people on sites and communities complain about the person they married, like me and a friend recently went to a bar that had a large turn out of people mostly 40+ (I think it was called triangles or something like that) and I can not count how many times everyone around us was complaining about their wives. I understand these things are important to that age range, but personally people in their 20's want to have a good time and not sit around and complain about bills or stealing our wives panties. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with an a cross dresser/ tg person that is more seasoned, just that we haven't really hit the point yet, and we are still at this age trying to figure out ourselves and our place in the world and because of that and financial reasons, it makes it very hard for younger cross dressers/tg folk to have communities.

GrayGirl83
09-02-2012, 08:41 PM
That essentially why I asked: I'm not married, I'm into guys and I'm in my late twenties, 3 things which it seems like the majority of the more active members don't share with me. Nota complaint, but I was just looking for girls with some more commonality. Thankfully, several younger girls came forward and that's cool so I'm very happy to see that and be here :)

Danielle_cder
11-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm 28, but kinda have been trying to look older, just got a new wig that is 10% grey...

Matia
11-01-2012, 05:23 PM
28 here, embraced crossdressing when i was about 22-23 still way to go

Daisy41
11-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm 29 myself. I've always crossdressed since I was 4 but only this year did I come out to my wife and start up again. I think I try to dress what's age appropriate for me, maybe subtract a few years since I look a bit younger than 29 as it is.

johnboy23
11-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I am 26. If anyone would like to be Facebook friends feel free to add me. :) http://www.facebook.com/john.mcgee.925602

Tiffini Marie
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I am 27. IMO the younger girls are not as vocal about their alter ego. I myself am just now begining to explore who Tiffini is.

Tara D. Rose
11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
I have an age also, but I sort of keep it to my self.

Krista1985
11-01-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm 27 here,

And coming up on my 4th anniversary of membership soon too. In that time I have noticed many younger members, but like many others have stated we tend to be less vocal than our more seasoned sisters. I think it's because this time of life can be incredibly hectic. Getting a career/family off of the ground, working hard to carve out a place in the world and having limitations on our privacy can diminish free time for introspection. I didn't begin to explore CD'ing until I had financial security and the privacy of my own place. Afterall, how can we explain what we do to others when we ourselves don't fully understand it?

Plus, more experienced sisters have more to say on the subject because they have been at it longer. My CD history (herstory?) is much more limited, and so I feel out of place commenting on topics that are outside of my experience.

Julie Gaum
11-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh what I would give to be 26 again! I sure would still be considered a "young crossdresser". I feel certain there are many in their teens and early twenties who have encountered this site but have not been heard from as yet for reasons already given: just starting a career, family or both, not sure of their identity whether they are hetero, bi, transsexual (or want to be) or what they might be so not ready to declare in print, and finally, just don't have the motivation to use any free time in visiting with others with similar inclinations. Be patient for they will appear.
Julie

paulinescotlandcd
11-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I agree with you that it would appear that the majority of members on this and other forums are 40+. Why? I think the urge to dress really kicks in about 35+, just my observation over many years.

WillowWriter
11-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm 20, 21 in December and I've been dressing since I was little.

JessicaMN
11-01-2012, 09:45 PM
30 here and have been dressing since i was young but never admitted it to my self until about 4-5 years ago

AlyssaE12
11-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Im 28, just began to really explore and take my t side more seriously. its been really fun, but i know for a while i dismissed it as something i would get over...obviously not so sure about that but i think it has taken a little bit of time to kinda just embrace it and see whats out there. thats my two cents at least, but it is good to know there are more younger cds and tgals here and out there in general...:)

ilana
11-01-2012, 10:51 PM
23 here. Started when I was 20. I think lack of free time and lack of privacy are two big reasons why people don't start earlier.

LelaK
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Youth & Health
I'm over 60 but I always lie about my age in my profiles. But actually I think my age is a lie, just like our gender feels like a lie for some of us. Since we are free to dress as the gender we feel like at any moment, we should be free to dress and act the age we feel like too. I try to stay healthy and somewhat active. When there are occasional family parties, I usually play with the kids, running and things, usually outdoors. I run up a big hill here every day. I wasn't able to do that in my 40s, but started in my 50s. I've had a lot of raw food in my diet since I was 27. Unfortunately, I was vegan for 20 years till I was 47, and it harmed my health, reduced my body's ability to produce digestive enzymes, which gave me protein shortage for a long time, which hurt my liver and everything. (Natural fats/oils are an important nutrient that conventional society ignorantly demonizes. It is excess carbs, not fats, that cause the obesity/diabetes/etc epidemic.)

Luckily, the internet helped me a lot to find cures for my various health problems. I only use alternative health practices. Touch for Health seems to be the most reliable method of diagnosis and I've been going to a practitioner about once or twice a year. I like Dr. Mercola, Curezone and several other websites. I believe science will make aging a thing of the past within a few decades. The main problem in society in the mean time, which tends to delay or threaten progress, is corruption in govt and society, esp. greed and power lust, which seem to be part of the patriarchical society that suppresses femininity and caring.

Here's to everyone's health.

Beverley Sims
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
I think a lot of younger CD's have more interesting things to do than sit on the net all the time.
Me, I did'nt have time either when I was 20. I was out there enjoying myself with the other girls.
The were after boys and I was after them. :)

AlexApp
11-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I am 21 almost 22 and I was wondering the same thing but I didn't realize that most people on here are in their 30' and up.

AllisontheGoddess
11-02-2012, 12:22 AM
I turned 20 as of today =D

~Serena~
11-02-2012, 12:31 AM
23 since this past summer. I used to think of myself as just a cd but realized eventually it was the gateway to my true inner self and I didn't want to admit it to myself at first bc I wanted to be "normal". But "normal" doesn't really exist as we all are different. I just want to be comfortable with who I am.
Sorry for the long prologue. I have been kind of addicted to this site since I first found it in September but I know school is going to bite me in the butt soon if I don't stop procrastinating and start studying. I feel that many of the younger girls, whether trans or cd, dedicate more time outside of the net to various things in their lives. I, for one, have to limit myself to viewing this site only once every couple of days. That being said I really love this site.

Serena

Shiny
11-02-2012, 01:08 AM
One interesting aspect of cross-dressing for us "older" folks (I just turned 55) is the era which we came from. I actually remember when girls/women dressed like women! I remember the house dresses, the petticoats, the nylons and black patent heels and the pearl necklaces on all the women back then, and, all the women in my neighborhood were stay-at-home housewives. Yes, it was the "Lucy" era and a lot of psychologists say that that was the most radical time of hyper or rigid femininity and that people of our age gravitate towards that period to express our feminine interests. Matter of fact that 50's era translates as far as three decades ahead in what cross-dressers look for in trying to emulate.

But, In studying cross-dressing in college I learned that unless it was a case study with a report from an actual person who had been there and done that most "experts" don't know what they are talking about. The fact is, is that this phonemonea has been around since the beginning of time and has existed in every culture and at every socio-economic strata. True, many of us are from that "older" generation and I don't understand the younger crowd, but let's just say I "understand" where you are coming from. I like the 50's era and don't think I could fixate on the "disco" spandex pants, big hair era. Either way, it's an interesting thought!

Alice of The Night
11-02-2012, 05:47 AM
im 20 been wearing panties since i was 14 or 15. and actually dressing for the past 2 years or so.

silverfurret
11-02-2012, 07:35 AM
I just turned twenty about two weeks ago, I try to be active on the fourm but life and college keep me busy :(

georgia20
11-03-2012, 05:13 PM
im 21, be 22 here in a few days

Newcdguy
11-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm 28. Glad to be here and meet girls my age as well as chat with more mature members of the cd world
Hugs
Stephanie

SUZI
11-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm 32 and I have been dressing for a number of years, still learning loads and loving it

Suzi

Jessica86
11-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Just turned 26. I'm happy to be who I am at this point in my life. Young or old, I don't see that playing in any part of our family. We all have a common goal.

LunaDarling
11-04-2012, 03:35 AM
24 baby! i kinda felt like there was a larger older crowd when i started looking through, but i think that they are just the more avid posters...

Shadow_Lady
11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
22 here. I wish I knew more people around my age who were into CDing...

JessicaMN
11-04-2012, 08:17 PM
im 21, be 22 here in a few days
Happy birthday then!

ArleneRaquel
11-04-2012, 08:19 PM
64 is young, if you feel that it is, and I do. :)

georgia20
11-04-2012, 09:53 PM
thanks sweetie, are you from MN?

LauraBird
12-12-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm 28. Glad to be here and meet girls my age as well as chat with more mature members of the cd world
Hugs
Stephanie

Just turned 35 here but am glad to see there is a pretty strong younger element here. I feel like I just have more in common with a slightly younger group. The first (and last) CD specific event I went to was all full of girls significantly older than me and we just didn't click all that well. I'd probably be more inclined to go again if I knew there would be some girls or couples that are closer in age to my wife and I.

becky77
12-12-2012, 09:09 AM
35 also, I kinda wasted my twenties in regard to CDing.

joanna4
12-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I just turned 22.

Foxglove
12-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd say that at 13* I'm probably the youngest member of this forum. The nice thing about being 13 is that whenever someone says, "Act your age!", no matter what you're doing, you can say, "I am!"

*You are as young as you feel, aren't you? That's what I've always heard lots of very wise people say.

Annabelle

LisaHeartfilia
12-13-2012, 11:36 AM
I'm 21. I guess I started young too, but never got as into it as I'd like to now, you know?

~Krasus

Gina Rose
12-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Im 26. I started about 22-23 getting really dolled up.

Aubri
12-13-2012, 11:45 PM
33 now, and as Becky said, wasted most of my early twenties keeping Aubri bound and gagged in a closet. Damn shame, I was in stellar shape in the military too.

Xcindyx
12-15-2012, 01:01 AM
28 year old here

DebbieL
12-15-2012, 01:29 AM
just simply as a matter of observation, I'm noticing that a lot of the posters on here seem to edge more towards middle age/seniors. That's not a complaint/judgement (in fact, you ladies look great!) but I'm wondering if I'm an oddity here being in my late twenties. Is the age range a little more bell curvy than I'm sensing? Granted I've only been lurking/posting for about a month or so...

There seem to be many members who are in their twenties. There are also many in their 50s and many who are older. For many of the older girls, they have not had this type of forum and support until now. It's hard to imagine how much has changed and how quickly. In the 1960s, a doctor could lose his license for treating a transsexual, the "cure" was electroshock or lobotomy. In the 1970s, a few transsexuals went public, but even movies that addressed the issue used men for the male roles and women for the transformed transsexual (Myra Breckenridge, Dr Jekyl & Miss Hyde, All of Me...), and it was still treated like a joke. Cross-dressers could still be arrested just for appearing in public in pretty mode. In the 1980s, transsexuals could still be fired, physically harassed or beaten, and could face the maximum penalty of the law if they fought back. Even in the 1990s, I risked being arrested in New Jersey when I took the PATH train to New York. The Matthew Shepard law was passed in 2009, and even today, the legal and marital rights of the wife of a transsexual who transitions is uncertain. She could lose money, property, liberty (hospital visitation), and even her life (unable to get insurance to pay for life saving medical treatments covered my her former husband's insurance).

Only 14 MONTHS ago, the first empirical studies (15,000 subjects) into transgender medical and psychology issues revealed that transgenders had some of the highest suicide rates (50% of all respondents had tried to kill themselves AT LEAST ONCE), and statistically, 1 in 3 suicide attempts survive, the others eventually kill themselves or have "accidental" deaths. And only 12 months ago, the American Psychological Association changed their policy to say that attempting to treat gender dysphoria by trying to persuade the subject to accept his birth gender was UNETHICAL! Prior to that, the APA had leaned toward acceptance of birth gender except for extreme transsexuals.

There are many different sites now available to the transgender community, including sites for cross-dressers, transgenders, transsexuals, gender conflicted, and friends and family. Perhaps more people would pass over this site because they are more focused on the issues beyond cross-dressing. This site has forums for transsexuals, including those who are transitioning, have transitioned, or wanted to transition but did because the consequences were greater than they could bear.

There are also some strong personalities on this site who can be intimidating to someone who is a bit shy or feeling very vulnerable.

I hope that you will continue to participate actively. I think you will find that many others in your age group are available and would like to share experiences with you.

Just curious

CDDanielle
12-15-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm 18. :)

I think that some of the ideas expressed by people in this thread go some way to explain why the age range might be weighted toward the older side of the spectrum.

KaylaCD
12-15-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm new here but I'm 20. I've been wearing panties for years.

Gillian84
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
28 years old here!

max
12-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Only 14 MONTHS ago, the first empirical studies (15,000 subjects) into transgender medical and psychology issues revealed that transgenders had some of the highest suicide rates (50% of all respondents had tried to kill themselves AT LEAST ONCE), and statistically, 1 in 3 suicide attempts survive, the others eventually kill themselves or have "accidental" deaths.
I've looked around but have been unable to find a solid journal source for this statistic. Does anyone have one?

SometimesDiana
12-17-2012, 01:15 AM

I'm sure that is often true at first. However, I think there are additional factors at play even after young people come to terms with themselves. First, I believe that young people gravitate towards different online channels such as Facebook. Second, I think it is easier for young people today to come out to their friends and such. They are perhaps more likely to have an accepting girlfriend and go out dancing on the weekend. Perhaps that leaves less need to find support online.

Calisol01
02-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Im 22 and terrified of the future of loving to crossdress

Nikki50/50
02-21-2013, 12:58 AM
Another factor is that many 'young' among us are out and about living in the world, not sitting in front of a monitor screen to fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way...
The older generations have already gone hither, accomplished their endeavors, and obtained the commemorative undershirt; thus earning the free time to peruse this site at will.
QED: there are more of the older ones here than the younger ones.
That's my own 2cents. Being of neither age caste, I've the outside-looking-in view of this...

sonna
02-21-2013, 01:12 AM
ill be 31 in march ..............but i look 25 hehehe

AlexisGray
02-21-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm just about to turn 21, so, you're not alone. I have noticed that there are plenty of younger folks on here, but we don't always seem to post as much.

BillieJoEllen
02-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Being its a new era today with far fewer restrictions placed on us I don't believe a lot of younger CDers have any need to come here. We older CDers find comfort, consideration, and understanding from others on this site. Thats something most of us never had growing up. In fact its only been about fifteen years since sites like this have become available to us.

Calisol01
02-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Believe what you want it's not changing anything

missmars
02-21-2013, 01:50 PM
I am 20.@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ilana
02-21-2013, 02:55 PM
The community in r/crossdressing on reddit tends to be pretty young. It's not as private as here for posting stuff, though.

max
02-21-2013, 04:41 PM
The community in r/crossdressing on reddit tends to be pretty young. It's not as private as here for posting stuff, though.

Yeah, there are also a lot of different transgender reddits too
/r/asktransgender
/r/transgender
/r/dualgender
/r/genderqueer
/r/TransSpace

I imagine there are also other forums where younger people congregate.

joselyn318
02-22-2013, 07:54 AM
We're about the same age. I have since "aged out" of the younger CD subforum. I agree there is a certain disconnect between the younger CD's and the middle-older CD's. I don't post here as often as I used to because of my career and family.

johnboy23
02-22-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm 27. I wish it was this easy to meet other you get CDers.

FelicityMay
03-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I feel like a straggler here, but im 18!
Up until this point, i thought that cross dressing was just a weird phase that rare teens went through, but seeing this forum has really pushed me out the door in accepting it as an actual thing!
ive never met anyone in person that was a CDer, but everyone here seems really nice, and it amazes me how much i can just say (type) in front of people, thinking im crazy, and realizing that theres plenty of people here that are just like me...
I think I enjoy this forum a little too much ;)

olivia.tanner
03-12-2013, 08:50 PM
26 years old here.

Asche
03-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm pushing 60 (Ghod, has it been that long?)

I think one reason you see a number of people around my age here is that many of us have reached the point where caring what random other people think seems like a stupid waste of time. Or maybe it's that the end of the road is getting all too visible and we realize, if there's something we always wanted to do but were afraid to, well, now's the time.

As for the younger folks: I think society is actually changing. Younger people really are (statistically speaking) more open-minded.

I never thought I'd live to see the day when gays and lesbians could actually get legally married. (Or, for that matter, when a black man could become president.) And all the demographic studies I've seen say that most of the support has come from the younger generation.

As for folks in their 40's and 50's (and 30's): when I was that age, I was so busy trying to be a Good Husband(tm) and a Good Father(tm), it never occurred to me to try to be myself.

Phanatic
03-14-2013, 09:49 PM
23 and just really getting into it now aside from a stint when I was a teenager. I'm in love with leopard print for some reason.

punkypunk
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
30, spent awhile raising a kid, getting good job, life basically. Now that that's sorted I've decided to see if I can ever actually b happy.....

cuis
03-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Im 22, i i started buying my own things recently.

Jessica_NZ
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm 30, got alot more confident with dressing once I met my wife 5 years ago. Before then I was not open about it at al, only dressed in private etc. I think when I was younger (say late teens) I was still to caught up in other peoples opinions etc, so comiing to terms with dressing was pushed to the back of mind. Now I dont really care what others think and I've come to accept this side of myself - and started to enjoy it!

ImAlexis
03-14-2013, 11:59 PM
27 y/o checking in.

fem_nicole
03-29-2013, 04:19 AM
25 here it took me about 3 years to come to terms with myself that im not strange and to accept myself but yea i know noone my age that dresses even online its hard to find

tiffanynjcd24
03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
im 24 right now and it took me a long time to come in terms with it

Caroline-Grant
03-29-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm 20 now but soon July will be upon us and my niece will be born in the same month that I get to start drinking in public.

tiffanynjcd24
03-29-2013, 04:38 PM
don't worry hun you are not alone

Dana3
03-29-2013, 04:56 PM

Just curious

Cross dressers have always been around. Its just that until the inception of the internet that we didn't know that there were ~ not so many of us ~ but just others like us. Beat down by social and cultural heavy hands we really had no other choice than to exsist and confom to the social and cultural norms as defined at the times. Literally living little shallow lives in the closet. It wasn't even a matter of being different, we had to do it just to get and hold a job, make a living.

At the end of the day we're just like any and other human being on the plant, We want, desire, seek, and even need love, validation and acceptance. In our day going out, presenting as other than your gender idenity birth was simply not an option. It could (and still can) cost you your job if not your life! Even in this modern and more enlightened world ~ there's still a lot of hatered, ignorance, plain stupidity

There's strength in numbers and the internet has given us that knowledge that we're not alone and that there are others like us. Transvestitism and cross dressing was once defined as pure homosexuality. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise (To quote Gomer Pyle) Yes! I like ~ want ~ need to dress in and as a female/woman would! And NO! I don't want to have sex with you!
Some do? Most don't!

In any kind of relationship if your in it just for the sex? Its only a question of "When" and not "if" when the end will come.

The 'Bell Curve" is currently skewed toward those of my generation, but over the course of the years it will 'smooth out' more so toward your generation. I susect that in the years to come? Those of us that are men that wish to dress as we wish will become an "Yea? And?" type thing.

It already is!

ReineD
03-29-2013, 05:07 PM
According to this thread (over 200 responses), the average age is in the 50s, with the second strongest decade, the 60s:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?162627-Interesting-Question-How-Old-are-you-ladies&p=2735373&viewfull=1#post2735373

Here's another graph, plus see the updated tally at post #308:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?154100-Ages-of-the-male-to-female-segment&p=2503091&viewfull=1#post2503091

Trishpdxcd2
03-29-2013, 05:09 PM
I have seen a lot of gorgeous young cd's on this forum.

sissyleonie
03-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Hey i am new in this forum i am a young crossdresser who searchs a community who helps him ^^

tall2826
03-29-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm 22 just turned and I just became a member I came to terms with my CD'ing a few years ago I just want to meet fellow cd'ers in person, It would make shopping easier

tiffanynjcd24
03-30-2013, 12:16 AM
i wish there was a group for us where we can talk and meet up

ReineD
03-30-2013, 01:44 AM
Have you seen our Young Member's section, from ages 18-30? You can apply to join here:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=pf#faq_ym_18_30

Asp
03-30-2013, 01:53 AM
We're here, just kinda hiding out. There is a group for the "new generation".

CarmenSkye
03-30-2013, 10:17 AM
20 over here :)