PDA

View Full Version : Desperate.... how to deal with facial hair...

Myojine
08-29-2012, 04:56 AM
its been a long time since ive been here but thats because alot of negetive things happened and i couldn't deal with it so i got drowned in games+alcohol until i couldn't feel anything... but my transition was going great.... until the facial hair showed up. Im homeless.. again... but im being allowed to stay in the female shelter. Which for me is involentarily going "full-time" but i have to shave EVERY GOD DAMN DAY, and ive noticed that no matter how much i shave or how good a razor i use i have a facial hair shadow that refuses to go away. No i cant do make up everyday, can't afford it and my facial hair grows too fast. Im desperate to stop this but i don't have money and im soooo ****ing SICK of being called "mr. sir man gentleman" ect when 2 months ago i was damn near unmistakably female. ive tried nair... a billion different kinds of razors, and ive been looking at veet waxing and sugaring.

I really need to get rid of this shit. I changed my voice. i grew out my hair. i got female clothes ive been on hormones for 7+ months and am full time. but this facial hair is extremely depressing and im getting fits of rage and breaking down crying by once again seeing a god damn man looking back at me when only a few months ago i saw the pretty girl i was supose to be.

Aprilrain
08-29-2012, 06:17 AM
There are only two way to approach anything like permanent hair removal. Electrolysis works for everyone and laser works well for some people, both are expensive. Aside from that there is, waxing, plucking and epilating all pretty much the same thing, ripping the hair out. Which will give you a shadow free look for maybe a week or two then it starts to come back. Also each time you yank a hair out you're actually strengthening it, making it harder to remove with laser or electrolysis later on down the road. I have plucked my facial hair out one by one more than a few times out of desperation.

Frances
08-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Laser and electrolysis are the obvious answers, but I have a feeling that's not what you want to hear.

I know someone (locally) who plucks all the hair on her face.

RADER
08-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I use a Electric Shaver, I get new heads twice a year, they seem to do a better
job than the Razor Blade method. I find I get less coarse stubble that way.
My 5 O' Clock shadow comes early still, but is less noticeable than with me using the Razor.
Next is a Blow Torch, I bet it does a real fired up job.
Rader

Bree-asaurus
08-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Laser and electrolysis are the obvious answers, but I have a feeling that's not what you want to hear.

Yup... there are basically two ways to actually get rid of facial hair... but if you're desperate for a temporary solution, pluck the **** out of it. Shaving, Veet, Magic Shaving Power, etc. will still give you shadow the next day.

abby39
08-29-2012, 03:04 PM

I used an epilator on my face for a while. If you can stand the pain it worked okay. But I had a huge problem with ingrown hairs so I had to stop using it. Sorry about your situation. :(

Sally24
08-29-2012, 07:15 PM
You might check and see if there is a place.nearby that trains electrolysis techs. I'm sure they need guinea pigs to practice on.

danielleb
08-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I spent several months epilating on a two week cycle. At first I tweezed it all out ("gentler"), it took me five days and with each little section my face would puff up and stay red and tender for a couple days. Then I started in with the epilator for the majority of hairs, I still used tweezers where it was thick and where I could easily burn through my skin with the epi head. It hurt like hell, but it was better than the alternative. I kept that up until I realized I was probably doing more damage than good as I started to develop lasting bumps on my face, like shaving bumps. Now I've started laser and it's helping to diminish the lasting effect of the damage from before, but still not as good as where I started at. Also my face is clearly desensitized to the pain since at the second session I was at the highest setting on the YAG laser with little effect to me.

There's no magic answer, you know the options, things just have to get bad enough for you to choose one over another. :)

Tamara Croft
08-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Also each time you yank a hair out you're actually strengthening it.

That's not true, depending on which stage the hair is at, plucking them can actually damage the follicle causing it not to grow back. I've done this repeatedly with my eyebrows and they just don't grow at all now (not to mention being a beauty tech)...

Nicole Erin
08-30-2012, 11:10 PM
keep in mind that if you tweeze, getting every hair is not practical but any reduction will cause less shadow. they tend to grow back thinner unless you just start shaving. Problem is - it is not permanent so it is a normal ritual. Just get a good desk light and magnifying mirror. If you are feeling lazy sometimes, just get the worst ones.
Waxing doesn't really help much and might remove some of the skin too.
The good news about tweezing is - once you get used to it after a couple sessions, you do not notice the pain as much. At first it is almost a throbbing pain but then becomes more of a quick sting which you will not even care about.

Tweezing is a pain yes but the question is - how much do you hate your beard?