PDA

View Full Version : How to know if I pass?

Zaliel
08-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I have been dressing up for a while now as a girl completely. I want to go out dressed up but I am scarred I don't pass. Is 6'2, 145 pounds an ok build for a "girl"? I know I am really tall but I am very skinny. Any help or suggestions would help. My stats are 34-28-37 as well. Thank you

:)

alisa63
08-29-2012, 08:49 AM
If you are comfortable doing so perhaps you could post a pic with your thread and get some feedback?

Karren H
08-29-2012, 08:51 AM
You'll know at the end of the day when no one yelled at you.... or hurt you... or made fun of you.... and your smiling..... a lot....

MichelleMiles
08-29-2012, 08:54 AM
With your body, passing will really come down to confidence... oh and a nice wig, and some makeup... also remember to smile! I actually think a smile is the most important thing that helps make me look 'passable'.

It also depends where you are going out too, if a club then you can dress pretty much however you want, if to the mall, a park or something like that then you need to dress appropriately to 'pass' cause you don't want to stand out either.

Make sure you smile! :)

Zaliel
08-29-2012, 09:12 AM
Okay, I attached two different basic pics of me. I didn't attach one with my face because I am self conscious of how I look plus I don't have any make up at the moment =/ That probably doesn't help at all but maybe. Thank you for the advice so far, confidence and smile :) oh and not being yelled and more smiling :)

http://ne1.attach.mail.ymail.com/us.f1253.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?mid=2_0_0_1_499993_AGDiimIAAJcpUCiS OgPdfEUVA24&pid=1&fid=Inbox&inline=1&cred=d4LPJ0rolV_iWoSHolJNUbeE.xyihZWg.B7YTLM.PMpEC XYWfra2AOhC0yC7FzHlBTlGETiilvyjXHWz6spgkxQGgBZpRld zL5GyTFaHIaLc8sfhSW2lYl9T&ts=1346249438&partner=ymail&sig=1BJyaF0Il1Fp5UwfOTXccg--

http://ne1.attach.mail.ymail.com/us.f1253.mail.yahoo.com/ya/securedownload?mid=2_0_0_1_550037_AGLiimIAADjuUCeD VQgC6RrvNKA&pid=1&fid=Inbox&inline=1&cred=3Y0SMVzNlV_q1NKfB3.B99mU2dzSY32R47Z80g7qp_.hR 159UpmNkKycF77S7JHYBueHg3.xV_eWj7GLu0_jDszq1f5q557 rnrlg5rRO4aoHohOhe194zlN3&ts=1346249467&partner=ymail&sig=41rvz4QWZZ8ci69F_2MARA--

kristinacd55
08-29-2012, 09:15 AM
From your pics, you look fine to me.....it's really all upstairs in your head where it counts. I've been out with girls who would pass as gg's, to girls who you would say, she's a man baby! It's how YOU feel about it that counts.

suzy1
08-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Sorry but if you think that we can tell you if you can pass from pictures like these then you are just not being realistic.
Do you seriously want to know if you pass or just an answer that you will like?

Jorja
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Step on the accelerator pedal (gas pedal) when it is clear, Pull out into the left lane (if you are in the U.S.). Honk your horn to warn the driver you are passing them then glance over your right shoulder when you have cleared the vehicle and will not cause an accident pull back into the right lane. You have successfully passed.

arbon
08-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Go out, relax and have a good time.

Tracii G
08-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I couldn't get the pics to work so IDK.

kimdl93
08-29-2012, 10:14 AM
Why not go out and see what kinds of reactions you get from the women and men you encounter? Thats the very best indicator of whether or not you're presenting convincingly as a woman. (Note I didn't use the word "pass"...that's a tall order for most of us, regardless of our height)

As for your weight - gosh, eat a sandwhich, huh? No seriously, you're weight shouldn't be a problem - there's probably a lot of clothes that you can wear that heavier girls (like me I'm 6'2" 218) couldn't get away with.

katie_barns
08-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I might get some heat for this but in my opinion passing is all about illusion and confidence.
Some of us will never pass, because no mater what we do we can't pull off the illusion. Things like good wig, right clothes, and makeup is all part of the illusion. Body build is to some extent but that can be covered up. Man hands and hairy arms take away from the illusion, but can also be downgraded. No amount of makeup will cover a truly masculine face. When someone looks at a crossdresser their first impression is going to be female because that is what we are presenting. Little clues can get us clocked. Man hands for example. Beard shadow, hairy arms, or masculine face can cause the same reaction. How we dress can get us clocked. I don't believe that any one of these will get us clocked but they do cause people to stop and pay a little more attention to us and then we get clocked.

I know there are lots of women [GG] that have hairy arms, to many masculine features in their face, and built physically like a man. They get noticed because of these things, but no one questions if they are female.

That's where the confidence comes in. Presenting as a woman without a doubt that's who you, are can keep someone from getting clocked. If a woman body builder is in public someone might say. "I wouldn't mess with her she could probably kick my #$%. But her being female is not in doubt, because she is a woman. She knows it, and they accept that because that what she puts off.

Not all of us will pass all the time. Just doing a good job on clothing and makeup does not cause us to pass. It helps!
But if you have masculine features you need to deemphasize them. The bottom line is confidence 'in what you are in public'. An that is a woman.

Some don't care if they pass. That's ok, but for those that consider it important; Pulling off the right illusion and confidence can go a long way. From the pictures I have seen on this site. I believe most can pull off passing most of the time. I have seen a few that are truly way to masculine to ever pull it off. For them I say dress anyway and don't worry if you pass. There are those here also that if I ran into them in public I would never guess they were male.

I didn't see your pic's my browser won't open them so I can't comment on you but I believe the above applies to everyone.

bridgetta
08-29-2012, 10:25 AM
The best thi g to do is Post a photo!

Cheryl T
08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Go with someone else and have them give you the report on whether others are staring or not.
My first time out I thought EVERYONE was watching me...then I started watching them and saw that they were so into their own thing that I wasn't noticed much.
Now I don't care if they know or not, though I do make sure I look my best.

Missy
08-29-2012, 03:31 PM
if you have friends that know about you then ask them to come over and take a look or you can go to clubs that have shows and see if or what kind of advise you get to look better

Jamie Ann
08-29-2012, 03:57 PM
I am not sure that any of us, with the possible exception of a few with very feminine faces and bodies, actually passes. In the old Phil Donahue episode (1987) that reappeared on YouTube recently, seven crossdressers and two wives of crossdressers appeared on stage. To me, they all looked very feminine and were at least as good looking as the average genetic woman. I am sure that all of them had gotten professional makeovers for the occasion — their hair and makeup were impeccable.

When Phil Donahue asked his audience at the beginning of the show if they could identify the two genetic women, there was essentially unanimous agreement. He pointed to each person in turn, and the audience gave a chorus of “yeses” and “nos.” Suffice it to say that they correctly picked the two genetic women! People pick up on little things — body proportions, facial proportions, and other tiny cues — probably without even being able to articulate what those things are.

My feeling is that most of us should seek acceptance, not passing. If we are appropriately dressed, friendly, and appropriate in our behavior for the situation, we are likely to be accepted by most others. If we pass occasionally in a dimly lit setting, that is fine; but if we invest our egos in passing, we are likely to enjoy ourselves less than if we try to look good, with or without passing.

Just one girl’s rambling thoughts!

suzy1
08-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I am not sure that any of us, with the possible exception of a few with very feminine faces and bodies, actually passes. In the old Phil Donahue episode (1987) that reappeared on YouTube recently, seven crossdressers and two wives of crossdressers appeared on stage. To me, they all looked very feminine and were at least as good looking as the average genetic woman. I am sure that all of them had gotten professional makeovers for the occasion — their hair and makeup were impeccable.

When Phil Donahue asked his audience at the beginning of the show if they could identify the two genetic women, there was essentially unanimous agreement. He pointed to each person in turn, and the audience gave a chorus of “yeses” and “nos.” Suffice it to say that they correctly picked the two genetic women! People pick up on little things — body proportions, facial proportions, and other tiny cues — probably without even being able to articulate what those things are.

My feeling is that most of us should seek acceptance, not passing. If we are appropriately dressed, friendly, and appropriate in our behavior for the situation, we are likely to be accepted by most others. If we pass occasionally in a dimly lit setting, that is fine; but if we invest our egos in passing, we are likely to enjoy ourselves less than if we try to look good, with or without passing.

Just one girl’s rambling thoughts!

A very wise and realistic post Jamie. And it’s your first post!!

Nice to have you here girl. You will go far.:)

SUZY

Stephenie S
08-29-2012, 04:46 PM
But if you can't show your face here, among others of similar persuasion, how are you gonna go out? Leave your face in the house?

S

Angela Campbell
08-29-2012, 07:53 PM
If I don't pass I don't mind if they wonder but are not sure.....that would be good enough for me

Thera Home
08-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Step on the accelerator pedal (gas pedal) when it is clear, Pull out into the left lane (if you are in the U.S.). Honk your horn to warn the driver you are passing them then glance over your right shoulder when you have cleared the vehicle and will not cause an accident pull back into the right lane. You have successfully passed.

Nice one................

Thera

Marleena
08-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Acckkk!! Do you pass? We can't tell from pictures. Try to blend instead. The best test is getting out there, preferably with a friend and see what the reaction is..

Elizabeth
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Zalial,

Passing is a state of mind. If you believe you are passing, then you are passing. If on the other hand you believe you are not passing, then you will not pass no matter how well you may actually look. GG's don't walk around wondering if they are passing. This self consciousness will attract attention in and of itself. Besides, if you don't believe you pass, there is nothing anyone could say that would change your mind anyway. If on the other hand you believe you pass, this attitude alone will keep people from noticing you or remaining quiet if they do think they see something.

Love always,
Elizabeth

BLUE ORCHID
08-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi Zaliel, If you really want to know go to a mall where teenage girls hangout.

Jorja
08-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Hi Zaliel, If you really want to know go to a mall where teenage girls hangout.

Warning: Take body armor!

Tracii G
08-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Teen girls can be brutal and yes they will read you right away.

docrobbysherry
08-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Zaliel, how much "passing" r u seeking? Sat. AM at the once a year Macy's sale? Drive thru McD's at midnite? Do want to fool all the people? Some of the people? One person? If u've no idea? Then, WHAT KARREN SAID!

If u get home and aren't sure if u passed or not? U PASSED!

heatherdress
08-29-2012, 11:03 PM
You will be able to tell with time.