PDA

View Full Version : The V shape appearance from the back

sweetchick
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
When en femme I have been told that I have a nice butt and from their down looks great. But from the waist up to the shoulders I have a V shape, because my shoulders are wide, and most women seen from the back don't have this V shape from the waist upward. Ladies, how do we compansate either in dress or add on to help advoid the V shape appearance from the back. I did have a turtle neck blouse on which was not a real loose fiting blouse, but not snugg fitting either, when I reecieved this helpful conment from someone's option I trust when asking advice when en femme. Any helpful suggestions ??

Dana921
08-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I have a similar issue! Obviously there is a limited amount we can do but some things like standing more straight and even leaning back slight by holding the shoulder blades closer together help lessen the broad appearance of the shoulders as does certain clothing styles.

Wildaboutheels
08-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Could probably wear some type of wild patterned top similar to what the car manufacturers do their new car models when they have them out on the road testing them? Probably not a good solution. Wearing black/dark or solid color "tops" is probably a good bet.

Probably the simpler thing is to wear dresses/skirts/legwear/shoes that draw attention downward.

kimdl93
08-29-2012, 10:17 AM
This same question has appeared in three or four different forms over the past couple of days - obviously, male shoulders and arms are a problem most of us have to deal with. At the risk of being redundant, pick styles that understate the shoulders, such as raglan, dohlman or drop sleeves. Usually its best to wear a dark top and lighter bottom, and if you are so inclined, a little padding on the hips will improve the hip/waist/shoulder ratio.

Cheryl T
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Sounds like you need some padding in the hip area. That will counteract the shoulder and create an hourglass shape that is more feminine.