PDA

View Full Version : dads...

claireforever
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM
when i was about 20 and living at home i used to have lots to drink come home and dress in suspenders bra stockings and panties and go to sleep ,trouble is one morning my father came in to wake me up ...oops!! he rocked me told me i was weird and said get up ... hes never mentioned it from that day ? often wonder if he still thinks his eldest is a weirdo !!

Karren H
08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
so go ask him............

claireforever
08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
darnt karren hes a right anti anything that might be gay

Shelly Preston
08-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Your Dad may think you have given that up

Asking would be the only sure way to find out ?

BRANDYJ
08-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Several reasons why he never mentioned it. Not knowing him, it's hard to say. But it is possible that he viewed it as just a sexual outlet for you and that should remain private none of his business. Or, he is the type of man that simply can not talk about any thing sexually related to his own son. Slim chance he maybe a CD himself, but possible. For that or other reasons, he may be well aware of the need some males have to dress and is OK with it, or again, just can't talk about it and how he sees it.
Maybe you will have to ask him. But then again, maybe you know he is hard to talk to about sensitive matters.
He may think you are weird or different. But he is not worried about it enough to talk to you about it. Or to scared to say anything. So if you want to know how he feels, you are going to have to talk to him if it bothers you. If you were my son. But I would have taken the time to ask you about it. But don't forget, I am a CD, so I understand gender issues. I'd appreciate the chance to tell you how I feel about it. At your age he might just think what you do in your own room is your business just as what he does in privacy is his business.

kimdl93
08-29-2012, 11:24 AM
My guess is that your dad still has that mental image in the back of his mind. It woud be hard to forget. Are you curious enough to ask him - or is this better left alone?

claireforever
08-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Think kims right best left alone im not that curious ,,,and brandy the thought of my dad being a cd is funny ...thanks anyway ladies ,

Vickie_CDTV
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
It also depends on his view of the world, and the home situation in general (is there any form of abuse, alcoholism etc?) If your living situation is volatile, it is best not to bring it up, don't risk rocking the boat. Even then, it is probably not something he wants to discuss at any rate. Can you see any tangible benefit to talking to him about it?

I can speak with some authority on this, because I made the same mistake; I told my old man, while living with him in an unstable living situation with verbal and emotional abuse. I figured I'd tell him preemptively, and he has suspicions so I figured I'd let him know the truth. While I had a reason to tell him, I did not consider if there was any benefit of doing so. In the end I just ended up giving him a weapon to use against me.

ColleenA
08-29-2012, 05:19 PM
brandy, the thought of my dad being a cd is funny ...thanks anyway ladies ,

It may be funny to contemplate, but we all have closets and skeletons. Think about Chris Cooper's character in "American Beauty."

outhiking
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Maybe he thought you had gone to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I know I was surprise to find out that my parents knew about it back in the 80's.

Megan_Renee
08-29-2012, 08:27 PM
darnt karren hes a right anti anything that might be gay

You: Uhm Dad?

Dad: *grunt*

You: You know how some republican senators have hardline stances against anything LGBT?

Dad: WTF? I'm watching TV...

You: And then, a close relative of theirs comes out of the closet, and then they have to either change their stance or lose their public standing by alienating a member of their family?

Dad: Seriously, it's football.. Shut up.

You: Just... don't run for public office, okay?

(Hope this made you chuckle)