PDA

View Full Version : Fashion in magazines

lingerieLiz
08-30-2012, 12:42 AM
I was looking through several fashion magazines this week. There are some very pretty young girls in them and great new fashions.

What I don't understand is why some of the pages show the girls trying to look like ugly men or even uglier women and wearing ugly clothes.

When I was young the magazines showed pretty girls in pretty dresses at nice places.

paulaprimo
08-30-2012, 01:13 AM
i agree, maybe they are trying to say that even us "ugly" people would look good in those fashions...lol
how times have changed! back in my day when you had a hole in your jeans, you either fixed them or
threw them out. now, they sell them completely ripped and filled with holes and they are way too expensive to purchase...:eek:

ReineD
08-30-2012, 01:17 AM
You mean like this?

http://styletips101.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/masculine.jpg

I'm not being flippant when I say that I personally find these styles attractive ... on them. The reason for this is, they have the body for it. They have no protruding stomachs, the models are long and lean, they are young, and they have plenty of very feminine gender cues to make it clear that they are beautiful women. Looking at them, we all know that they have curves. These styles impart a mood which is appealing to the contemporary woman, and it is all about confidence and empowerment in feeling capable, rather than passively pretty. In other words, these women exude a beauty and a confidence (in my eyes) that could not be matched if they wore an A-line dress.

If you put these outfits on a squarish looking woman who is past a certain age, and who doesn't have the same exquisite bone structure in her face nor the great hair, the effect would look entirely different and I don't think that she would look as good.

My second point is that styles do evolve and here is an example. Take a look at a style that was popular in the 19th century:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fGmX-1oaWN4/SiOyh4AeuoI/AAAAAAAAAto/2jQb45u6f34/s400/FPC_home020.jpg

Can you imagine how ugly (and masculine) those women would have thought of these next styles, only 100 years later?

http://im.glogster.com/media/1/5/28/99/5289933.jpg

It's all relative.

Sara Jessica
08-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Methinks you are showing your age as well as projecting your own personal (perhaps antiquated?) tastes on the young woman of today.

adrienner99
08-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Most of the fashion magazines I read show models who are impossibly beautiful.

Leslie Langford
08-30-2012, 08:48 AM
You mean like this?

http://styletips101.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/masculine.jpg

I'm not being flippant when I say that I personally find these styles attractive ... on them. The reason for this is, they have the body for it. They have no protruding stomachs, the models are long and lean, they are young, and they have plenty of very feminine gender cues to make it clear that they are beautiful women. Looking at them, we all know that they have curves. These styles impart a mood which is appealing to the contemporary woman, and it is all about confidence and empowerment in feeling capable, rather than passively pretty. In other words, these women exude a beauty and a confidence (in my eyes) that could not be matched if they wore an A-line dress.

I hear where you're coming from, Reine, and that is certainly a mind-set that has taken hold in the fashion industry these days.

But there is something fundamentally wrong with our society when women still feel that they have to emulate men - in this case, to adopt menswear - as a way boosting confidence and feeling empowered in what is essentially seen as a man's world, even today. Still, it's a step up from the women at the other end of the spectrum who feel compelled to dress in a provocative (dare I say "sl*tty"?) manner to try to achieve the same result.

Personally, I admire more the women who - especially those who work in a business setting or in the public eye - are not afraid to dress in a manner that does homage to their inherent femininity instead of trying to emulate men in their fashion choices. I would venture to guess that a high-achieving woman such as Michelle Obama who has - gasp! - been known to wear contemporary, feminine fashions and bright colors has it far more together in terms of the total package than the pant-suited "fem-bots" like German Chancellor Angela Merkel or US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton. The latter must have finally come to the same realization herself, since she has toned down the severity of her former look by wearing her hair in a longer and more flattering style now.

And when was the last time we saw any of the female British Royals wearing a pantsuit? The closest they come to that is wearing jodhpurs and boots when they are out riding or playing polo, where that makes perfect sense. If anything, kudos to Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton for swimming against the tide and triggering a renewed interest in pantyhose among women to provide a more polished finish when wearing a glamorous outfit. Nor have the late "Queen Mum" or Queen Elizabeth ever down-played their inherent femininity, but there isn't a person on the planet who doubts their toughness, will, resilience, and ability perform their respective roles at the highest levels, and in a manner that would leave most men eating their dust.

Queen Elizabeth comes across as just as capable, confident, strong, and states person-like in a pastel, flower-patterned frock as do Angela Merkel or Hilary Clinton when wearing their standard Red Chinese-inspired "Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution" (circa 1965) Politburo "chic".

BRANDYJ
08-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, a pretty or sexy, or cute or beautiful women would look good in anything including an old burlap feed sack.
The only thing that chaps me is the way young, or should I say mostly young guys dress. Those ugly baggy pants that come down to mid thigh. Especially when the waist is worn half was down to the knees. That is the most hideous, unmanly garbage I've ever seen. Next the thing with the skull caps covering un-kept hair, pulled down over their ears in 90 degree weather. Or the ugly ball style caps worn with the bill facing the side of there head. Couple that with old looking ill fitting shirts, some with nasty sayings on them. Now add those ugly tattoos and piercings where holes don't belong. They all look like they just crawled out of a hole in the ghetto. If girls take up wearing junk like I mentioned, then I'd have to change my mind about a good looking girl/woman can wear anything and look good.

Kate Simmons
08-30-2012, 09:55 AM
When I see women wearing guy clothes like that, I consider it damn sexy. Their femininity beams out regardless of what they are wearing. Trying to duplicate that with us is a real challenge.:battingeyelashes::)

Julogden
08-30-2012, 10:15 AM
I feel that one possibility is that because many (most?) big-time fashion designers are gay men, they sometimes design clothes that make females look like males because they (the designers) are attracted to males.

Just a possibility, but a significant one, if you ask me.

Carol

BRANDYJ
08-30-2012, 10:39 AM
I feel that one possibility is that because many (most?) big-time fashion designers are gay men, they sometimes design clothes that make females look like males because they (the designers) are attracted to males.

Just a possibility, but a significant one, if you ask me.

Carol

I agree Julogden. I have always felt that way. To bad that more straight men or even straight CD's are not fashion designers. And why is it many gay guys become hairdressers and do women's hair. You'd think they might want to be barbers instead and only do men's hair. I know if I was into hair styling, I'd do ONLY women's hair. No men for me. lol

katie_barns
08-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Ugly is a mater of perspective. I think in Reine's first example the women look great. Even though it is men's style clothing they look good in them.

I also believe that we are all programed to accept and like certain fashions. Whether we like it or not, we are programmed by the advertisers and media to think the way they want us to.

ReineD
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
But there is something fundamentally wrong with our society when women still feel that they have to emulate men - in this case, to adopt menswear - as a way boosting confidence and feeling empowered in what is essentially seen as a man's world, even today. Still, it's a step up from the women at the other end of the spectrum who feel compelled to dress in a provocative (dare I say "sl*tty"?) manner to try to achieve the same result.

Except, as with anything, the pendulum must swing in order to get to it's resting place in the middle. Women had to learn to play according to men's rules in order to be taken seriously in the work place. I know that I did. I quickly learned that when there was an impromptu meeting called in someone's office, I should sit on the highest perch (window sill, or corner of someone's desk, or remain standing), so that I would visibly tower over the men seated in the chairs. I had observed that the higher ups did this. Same with clothing; I could not afford to be distracting with patterns, bright colors, and fluid fabrics if I wanted the men I worked with to pay attention to what I had to say more than my feminine appearance, even though no matter what I wore I could not remove my gender out of the equation entirely, since the styles that I did wear were decidedly feminine because they did conform to my body.

Many elementary/high schools adopt a rather boring dress code so as to place the focus on what's going on in the classroom. The same holds true in the work force, among people who are there working together to accomplish their work goals. These people are not in the public eye and it's not about femininity or masculinity, but about ideas, capability, and getting the job done:

http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/conxion/files/2011/06/businessattire.png

Both nurses and doctors wear scrubs in a hospital. Why is that?

No doubt, the women who would wear the styles I posted in my first link and in the link above, would not dress like that to go out on a date or in other social environments. I wouldn't. :)

AllieSF
08-30-2012, 12:59 PM
This is a funny thread and topic. The magazines get blasted for using and promoting super slim almost anorexic models, then some start introducing more "normal" women into their ad campaigns and we get the anti-dress as you please crowd criticizing them for not dressing more feminine. What is feminine in a CD's mind is not necessarily what is feminine in a woman's mind. Let's give them (women) a break and let them wear what they feel best in and is suitable for what they do. I have worked with a lot of business women and they are comfortable wearing dresses, skirt suits, pant suits and whatever. They look great in all of them. Hillary Clinton is on the road all the time. She can dress as she pleases, so if her dressing style does not please you, so what. I personally like the business women look. They sure look better in a suit than I do, and I think that I as a guy look pretty good too.

L-Liz: What exactly is ugly to you? Do you have a few pics from the mags or otherwise that give an example of what you do not like in the magazines?

ReineD
08-30-2012, 01:12 PM
L-Liz: What exactly is ugly to you? Do you have a few pics from the mags or otherwise that give an example of what you do not like in the magazines?

This is true. Maybe Liz is talking about torn clothing look, or weird combinations of colors and patterns.

My SO sent me this link last month, with a comment about how to ruin a nice look. I've got to say that I agree with her. I wouldn't want to have a huge, exposed zipper like that at the back of my dress:

http://www.jny.com/Mixed-Media-Sheath-Dress/26592174,default,pd.html?variantColor=JJZ01XX&variantSize=002&variantSizeClass=&ep_tag=JNYiprospect

AllieSF
08-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I agree with you Reine. That zipper ruins the back view. The outfit is adorable and well matched in colors and textures and fit. I never really liked exposed zippers but finally bought a skirt with that and it really does not look too bad since the skirt is dark and so is the zipper.

kellycan27
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM

Ummmm.. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with men who feel that they have to emulate women? "To adopt women's wear"? .....

celeste26
08-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Lest we forget those magazines will photoshop the pictures so the girls will always look better than real.

Wildaboutheels
08-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Curious as to what your definition of young is? "Young" is relative. I also don't buy the "age appropriate" deal for one second IF someone can pull it off, female or male.

I am guessing all the women wearing the "ugly" clothes were at least attractive if not 9s or 10s in the looks department? And all were of a "good" size or proportionate? Probably all airbrushed also.

I think most people tend to overlook or forget the 5 Cs. In no particular order, charm, class, confidence, charisma and carriage. Any woman can have all these qualities without being a supermodel. Any woman that is confident about her looks - whatever they might be - and has these qualities will have it show in her face, especially if enough pics are taken. It really would not matter WHAT they are wearing IMO. They would still be attractive even if they were wearing nothing but a giant burlap bag and flipflops and possessed this "inner strength". I think this has to be "earned" btw and simply cannot come by "looks" alone.

Of course, there is also the "pouty" look which has no appeal to me but is obviously quite popular. I think it is a much easier look to pull off especially for the younger generation today.

I think if you cover just the FACE of any model, male or female, regardless of what they are wearing, fashion can look entirely different.

Not to worry. Women trying to "look like" or "dress" as men will NEVER catch on as long as there are men roaming the planet looking for mates. Any woman will severely cut her chances of attracting a man dressed that way and thankfully most women are sharp enough to realize it.

ReineD
08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Not to worry. Women trying to "look like" or "dress" as men will NEVER catch on as long as there are men roaming the planet looking for mates. Any woman will severely cut her chances of attracting a man dressed that way and thankfully most women are sharp enough to realize it.

That's why women wear those types of styles (the ones that I linked to) predominately at work, where they are more interested in getting the job done than in attracting a man. I seldom see women dress like that when they're out on a date or at a nightclub. :)

Frédérique
08-30-2012, 03:48 PM
What I don't understand is why some of the pages show the girls trying to look like ugly men or even uglier women and wearing ugly clothes.

It’s simply a reflection of the ugly world we live in – entropy envelopes us, and hope is in short supply, if you can get it at all. This means the crossdresser can dress out of time, out of place, and out of the ugly mindset that passes for civilization. “Pretty” is like the proverbial (anachronistic) candle in the wind, and everyone is trying to extinguish it…
:sad:

Leslie Langford
08-30-2012, 08:39 PM

Ummmm.. Is there anything fundamentally wrong with men who feel that they have to emulate women? "To adopt women's wear"? .....

That's like comparing apples to oranges...

The aforesaid women dress in menswear to make a fashion statement and - in their minds - to be taken more seriously by the men who still wield all the power. It is their way of breaking down the barriers and getting a toe-hold into the "man's world" or its kissing cousin, the "old boy's network".

Crossdressers like women's fashions as a matter of principle and feel a deeper connection with women than the average male, but they are rarely motivated to make a "fashion statement" per se. Most of us who go out in public en femme are quite content simply to "pass" if that is possible, and failing that, to at least "blend in".

It has everything to do with gender expression, and nothing to do with allying ourselves with those who we feel are more privileged with respect to power. If that were the case, why would we consciously want to throw in our lot with a group that sees itself as being historically disadvantaged and give up all that alleged male privilege?

Jessica Who
08-30-2012, 08:41 PM
The thing I love about fashion is that it can be so unpredictable :)

ReineD
08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Crossdressers like women's fashions as a matter of principle and feel a deeper connection with women than the average male, but they are rarely motivated to make a "fashion statement" per se. Most of us who go out in public en femme are quite content simply to "pass" if that is possible, and failing that, to at least "blend in".

It has everything to do with gender expression, and nothing to do with allying ourselves with those who we feel are more privileged with respect to power. If that were the case, why would we consciously want to throw in our lot with a group that sees itself as being historically disadvantaged and give up all that alleged male privilege?

This makes total sense to me and I can well understand why CDers would not want to wear the same clothes as the women who dress with an absence of adornment (severe office clothing), because they don't want their femininity to be a distraction or even an issue at work. In this particular instance, the CDer's motive to dress (to look pretty), is entirely different than is the woman's (to get the job done in a place where she is not interested in attracting a male).

But let's not forget that these same women have leisure time, social lives, etc, and they take their work clothes off when they come home, to either put on comfy stuff if they're hanging out with girlfriends or doing things with their kids, or sparkly, pretty stuff if they're going out on the town, or flowery, feminine stuff if they're going to church, or whatever.

And not every woman in the workforce will put on the more severe outfits, this all depends on the type of work, the accepted dress code at work, her level of involvement or competition with men, whether it is an attorney's office for example, or a more creative design agency .... lots of different factors.

kellycan27
08-30-2012, 09:27 PM
That's like comparing apples to oranges...

The aforesaid women dress in menswear to make a fashion statement and - in their minds - to be taken more seriously by the men who still wield all the power. It is their way of breaking down the barriers and getting a toe-hold into the "man's world" or its kissing cousin, the "old boy's network".

I am sorry but that is the most ridicules thing I have ever heard.... HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!

In essence what you are saying is that women are selling out in their quest for equal treatment, and acceptance. I think that what you fail to understand is that these so called "good old boys" don't treat women like second class citizens because of their clothing, but because of their GENDER. Men will look right past the clothing and still see a woman, and a second class woman at that. It never ceases to amaze me how the motives of cross dressers are more pure than actual women. Men in dresses who dis other men, and then change back into their drab selves and head off to work in their man jobs. IMHO it has nothing or very little to do with allying themselves WITH women, but rather that of touting their own "femininity". Women are jealous of cross dressers, cross dressers dress better, take more time to look good. women are threatened by cross dressers! And now.. let's accuse women of giving in and dressing as men as some sort of "homage" to the mighty male so that that they may be able to co-exist!

Leah Lynn
08-30-2012, 09:37 PM
The last time I looked at a Marie Claire mag, most of the girls looked like they were doing the walk of shame. Oh, well, I'm getting old and my tastes reflect it.

suchacutie
08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
In all honesty, those three women in Reine's initial pic just dripped of sex. It wasn't a question of projecting confidence because it was men's clothing, but confidence because they knew they looked hot as heck!

imho

docrobbysherry
08-30-2012, 10:54 PM
Methinks you are showing your age as well as projecting your own personal (perhaps antiquated?) tastes on the young woman of today.
I must agree with Sara. And, I'm probably old enuff to be her dad! I'm continually cutting out pics of pretty young models wearing the latest sexy styles that I want Sherry to mimic! Do some new looks suck? OF COURSE! I don't save those!

lingerieLiz
08-31-2012, 12:52 AM
When I started this post I was commenting on the ones who looked like they had been to a rave party for the last month. OR, the poor things were blind and a mean bully dressed her as a joke. A few years ago designers were showing girls that looked like they were on meth until there was a backlash. I do understand that there is value in shock. Let's face it the girls in the fashion magazines are usually in their late teens for the most part and are severaly under weight.

By the time that the picture hits the page it has had hours of post processing and bears little resembalance to the original image. Once heard a model on one of the talk shows tell that she often doesn't recognise herself in the ads or on the covers.

I have no problem with women wearing men's clothing or wearing men's wear styled clothing which I often wear. There was also a picture of a woman in Bazar (I think) that had a men's style jacket and hat on. She had nothing else on and was sooo sexy.

ReineD
08-31-2012, 01:05 AM
When I started this post I was commenting on the ones who looked like they had been to a rave party for the last month.

Ooops. Next time, you should specify the look you refer to, or post links! :D

What catalog was it? Maybe I can find a link. But I know what you mean. The Sunday New York Times puts out a fashion magazine supplement twice yearly, I think, for both men's and women's fashions. It is comprised mostly of high end fashion ads, but the featured articles are artistic more than they are realistic. One magazine featured very forward, futuristic fashion that looked more like fantastic and elaborate costumes than anything I can imagine a woman wearing even in the most fashion conscious street in Paris. Often times the models look like waifs, with no hair, no eyebrows. Or hairstyles that I've never seen anywhere. And I can't even describe the clothes. But these are not meant to suggest that women should dress this way ... just a very artistic rendition of a fashion "mood". They're just fun to look at, with beautiful photography. But I would never feel comfortable wearing these clothes, even if I could afford them ... if they are available to wear at all.

Edit -
Here's an example, but it's from Vogue UK. The best ones are at the bottom:
http://blog.stylert.com/2012/08/02/vogue-uk-august-2012-stylert-com/

Leslie Langford
08-31-2012, 08:01 AM
I am sorry but that is the most ridicules thing I have ever heard.... HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA!!!

Really??? You can't offer a dissenting opinion without it degenerating into a sneering personal attack?

Interesting how Reine posted a reply to my point around the same time you did, and in contrast to you was very supportive of my POV. She's moderator here and you are not. She has also shown time and time again how insightful and supportive of our community she is. Her responses are invariably intelligent and well-thought out, they provide much food for thought, and her opinions carry a great deal of weight here - especially coming from a GG.

Sometimes, she even spanks us verbally when we deserve it, but this time she did not. 'Nuff said...

P.S. - You might also want to consult a dictionary to better understand the difference between the words "ridicules" and "ridiculous", and in which context to use each. Just sayin'...

kellycan27
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Really??? You can't offer a dissenting opinion without it degenerating into a sneering personal attack?

Interesting how Reine posted a reply to my point around the same time you did, and in contrast to you was very supportive of my POV. She's moderator here and you are not. She has also shown time and time again how insightful and supportive of our community she is. Her responses are invariably intelligent and well-thought out, they provide much food for thought, and her opinions carry a great deal of weight here - especially coming from a GG.

Sometimes, she even spanks us verbally when we deserve it, but this time she did not. 'Nuff said...

P.S. - You might also want to consult a dictionary to better understand the difference between the words "ridicules" and "ridiculous", and in which context to use each. Just sayin'...

It appeared to me that Reine was saying some women in the work place dress in a manner as to not let it be a "distraction", rather than dressing in a fashion that pays "homage" to men as you claim. I like Reine and have often spoken with her in PM with questions, but that doesn't mean that I am going to pay her homage because she's a GG.( she could run for President with the assessment that you just gave her):heehee: When I speak with Reine or any other GG I speak to them as woman to woman, not as an underling because she/they are genetic and I am not. (not saying in any way that she would expect me to) 'Nuff said?
I have to wonder if your own personal need to pay homage to a gg might in order that you be accepted in the "good old girl" world..... have something to do with what you base your opinion of others....

PS.... Thanks for the spelling lesson, and now that I know how to spell "ridiculous" I'll feel more confident in using the word when dissenting opinions like yours.

PSS... You might want to consult women who are actually in the workplace to better understand the difference in "survival" and "homage" and in which context to use each... just saying

Julogden
08-31-2012, 06:57 PM

In essence what you are saying is that women are selling out in their quest for equal treatment, and acceptance. I think that what you fail to understand is that these so called "good old boys" don't treat women like second class citizens because of their clothing, but because of their GENDER. Men will look right past the clothing and still see a woman, and a second class woman at that. It never ceases to amaze me how the motives of cross dressers are more pure than actual women. Men in dresses who dis other men, and then change back into their drab selves and head off to work in their man jobs. IMHO it has nothing or very little to do with allying themselves WITH women, but rather that of touting their own "femininity". Women are jealous of cross dressers, cross dressers dress better, take more time to look good. women are threatened by cross dressers! And now.. let's accuse women of giving in and dressing as men as some sort of "homage" to the mighty male so that that they may be able to co-exist!

Taken in the context of the other postings and particularly Reine's contribution, I see Leslie's response as sensible, and I essentially agree with her. You added a lot of baggage that had absolutely nothing to do with what Leslie said. From what I'm seeing, you're also disputing what Reine said in one of her postings, not just Leslie who was actually in agreement with what Reine said, as far as I can see.

I'd say you owe Leslie an apology. :spank:

Carol

kellycan27
08-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Taken in the context of the other postings and particularly Reine's contribution, I see Leslie's response as sensible, and I essentially agree with her. You added a lot of baggage that had absolutely nothing to do with what Leslie said. From what I'm seeing, you're also disputing what Reine said in one of her postings, not just Leslie who was actually in agreement with what Reine said, as far as I can see.

I'd say you owe Leslie an apology. :spank:

Carol

Do you now... I wouldn't hold my breath. I opined on Leslie's comments .. One being that women dress in a fashion to " pay homage" to men so that they might be better accepted and... on his comments regarding cross dressers motivation to dress.. how ever they dress.

"But there is something fundamentally wrong with our society when women still feel that they have to emulate men - in this case, to adopt menswear - as a way boosting confidence and feeling empowered in what is essentially seen as a man's world, even today. Still, it's a step up from the women at the other end of the spectrum who feel compelled to dress in a provocative (dare I say "sl*tty"?) manner to try to achieve the same result".

Julogden
08-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Do you now... I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm not. I've seen you behave very rudely to others here in the past, and I didn't actually expect you to apologize, just needed to say that you should. There was absolutely no need for your rudeness.

Carol

kellycan27
08-31-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm not. I've seen you behave very rudely to others here in the past, and I didn't actually expect you to apologize, just needed to say that you should. There was absolutely no need for your rudeness.

Carol

Glad you weren't disappointed.

Julogden
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Glad you weren't disappointed.
I wasn't, and you continue to prove my point.

Carol

Leslie Langford
09-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Carol, not to worry - I will not empower kellycan by letting her rudeness and inappropriate comments get to me.

I am reminded of the quip uttered by former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau when he heard that U.S. President Richard Nixon had referred to him as an @sshole - "I have been called worse things by better people." And we all know what kind of a legacy "Tricky Dicky" left behind, and how respected he was in the end...

kellycan27
09-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Carol, not to worry - I will not empower kellycan by letting her rudeness and inappropriate comments get to me.

I am reminded of the quip uttered by former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau when he heard that U.S. President Richard Nixon had referred to him as an @sshole - "I have been called worse things by better people." And we all know what kind of a legacy "Tricky Dicky" left behind, and how respected he was in the end...

The truth is that I never called you an a-hole or anything else for that matter. I can only assume that you must be psychic, and I have no doubt that you have probably been called worse.

Leslie Langford
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Really, girlfriend, you're just digging your hole deeper and deeper...

No, kellycan, I fully realize that you never specifically called me an "@sshole" - I was just drawing a parallel to that other exchange between those two former world leaders, but I guess the subtlety of my reference didn't register with you.

By the way, you really do need to get hold of that Funk & Wagnalls (a well- known dictionary, in case you weren't aware) to get a better grasp of the English language - and I am assuming that you are otherwise fairly familiar with it since according to your your avatar, you claim to live in So-Cal.

I believe that the word you were looking for is "psychotic" (or more accurately - "paranoid") - which I am not. "Psychic" means being able to foresee the future, such as the possibility of an on-going p*ssing match between you and me - something which is starting to get tiresome, and one that I am not willing to continue.

So, give me your best shot in responding to this post as I am sure you will (ref. "psychic"), but I will not be answering you as it will just roll off me like water off a duck's @ss. Time to move on...

kellycan27
09-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Really, girlfriend, you're just digging your hole deeper and deeper...

No, kellycan, I fully realize that you never specifically called me an "@sshole" - I was just drawing a parallel to that other exchange between those two former world leaders, but I guess the subtlety of my reference didn't register with you.

By the way, you really do need to get hold of that Funk & Wagnalls (a well- known dictionary, in case you weren't aware) to get a better grasp of the English language - and I am assuming that you are otherwise fairly familiar with it since according to your your avatar, you claim to live in So-Cal.

I believe that the word you were looking for is "psychotic" (or more accurately - "paranoid") - which I am not. "Psychic" means being able to foresee the future, such as the possibility of an on-going p*ssing match between you and me - something which is starting to get tiresome, and one that I am not willing to continue.

So, give me your best shot in responding to this post as I am sure you will (ref. "psychic"), but I will not be answering you as it will just roll off me like water off a duck's @ss. Time to move on...

No I meant "psychic" as in "mind reader" ....... as in.. I didn't call you anything, but I was thinking it, so who's subtle reference did not register with whom?

Stephanie47
09-01-2012, 11:10 AM
If a woman wants to get ahead in the business world, she will dress conservatively. HOWEVER, she will dress in a manner that let male mind wander. There is nothing more sexy in the work place that a woman, who has kept her figure; done her hair and makeup and carries herself with poise. She will be dressed in a business suit accentuated with a white blouse, pencil skirt, heels and hosiery.

When I walk through the stores I see the clothing the designers feel women should wear. They have to be male designers because half the women would not be caught dead in the styles and colors, especially undergarments. Don't designers realize part of unwrapping a gift may be the exciting wrapping paper; sexy lacy bras and panties and lacy slips?