PDA

View Full Version : Dr visit yesterday

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Just a check up so some poking and prodding mostly.
The Dr's assistant (female) had me drop my skivvies for a twist and squeez.LOL
Had my usual girls jeans on,sandals and painted toes.
Skivvies were guy bikinis nice pale powder blue color looked like most girl bikinis.
She said nice color with a smile @ yes she knows all about me.
During the check up she was very to the point and professional.
While I was checking out she said those jeans are really cute I want a pair, where did you get them?
I said Kohl's and she said I know where I'm going after work thank you so much.
The two office girls who know as well gave me a whistle and smile as I walked by them.
Life is fun when people don't judge.

Kerigirl2009
08-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Don't you just love moments like that, and it doesn't even have to be anything to do with CDing. Just when people seem to be naturally nice and friendly. I love those moments

BethCD
08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
That's awesome Tracii. Thanks for sharing.

reb.femme
08-30-2012, 03:19 PM
The Dr's assistant (female) had me drop my skivvies for a twist and squeez.

Are you sure she wasn't the photocopier engineer or a frustrated bartender?
Sounds like something that happens to lemons in my experience. Watch out for that cocktail stick and god only knows where the umbrella can be placed! :heehee:

Rebecca x

Claire Cook
08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't you just love moments like that, and it doesn't even have to be anything to do with CDing. Just when people seem to be naturally nice and friendly. I love those moments

Don't we just? But they are even nicer when people treat us that way when we are Out and About :battingeyelashes: . Thanks for sharing this Traci -- I've had similar experiences, as I'm sure others have.

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 04:26 PM
I found it funny and had to share it.
I have been out to them for a long time so they kid an joke with me a lot.

paulaprimo
08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
great story, thanks for sharing tracii. for now stories like that only happen in my dreams...

kimdl93
08-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Life is easier when people get to know you and can look beyond their preconceived notions. My guess is that your friendly smile and candor opened a lot of minds in that Dr's office.

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 04:37 PM
I was that way for a long time too.Reading stories here and just dreaming of the day.
I just let myself out and said oh heck just be me and have fun with it.I hate being cooped up in guy mode and felt is was time to open up and Katie barr the door lets see what happens!
Its a huge move and I know many have fears of what can happen.
I had those fears too but my desire was greater than my fear one day and out I came and its all good from here on out.
Positive attitude and a warm smile can do miracles.

kimdl93
08-30-2012, 05:22 PM
I was that way for a long time too.Reading stories here and just dreaming of the day.
I just let myself out and said oh heck just be me and have fun with it.I hate being cooped up in guy mode and felt is was time to open up and Katie barr the door lets see what happens!
I had those fears too but my desire was greater than my fear one day and out I came and its all good from here on out.

Traci, knowing a little bit more about your personal history, I even have greater appreciation for these comments. At some point, what we hear called courage is really just the moment when desire exceeds fear.

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Well put Kim.
You get to a point where its all or nothing do or die.Overcoming fear is all up to you in the end.

STACY B
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Thats right SISSTA ,,, Only go round once ,, Im rolling right along with ya,,I take all the good that I have done in man mode an mix it up with the girl in me an most people like what I have made it into ,,, Most people like the male me ,,, So they will love the girl me ,,Prettier an nicer an smells a hell of alot better ,,,LOL,,,

Cynthia Anne
08-30-2012, 09:53 PM
That sounds like a very pleasant Doctor visit! The way it should be! Thanks for sharing!

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Stacy you are so crazy!!!!!!!

Lilly Black
08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
traci,

wow good story!

your post about that super douche in the restaurant not too long ago had my blood boiling. now it's back to a percolating simmer...

thanks for the yang with the yin!

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 11:23 PM
So much weird stuff happens to me but ya know thats what I like about CDing.
You never know how people will take you.90% is good 10% bad so good odds IMO.

JohannaSophia
08-30-2012, 11:52 PM
You are so cool Tracii, I really envy you being able and gutsy enough to carry that off. Do you do everything dressed?

Sounds like a great Doctors Office too with valuable employees. If they solicit critiques, I trust you gave them lots of Kudos.

Leslie Langford
08-31-2012, 12:11 AM

Good points, Tracii - and just look at the flamboyant way in which Aerosmith's Steven Tyler, America's Got Talent finalist Adam Lambert, and Elton John (among others) dress, and nobody gets bent out of shape over that. The way most people see it, they are just being themselves, it's their public persona, and their manner of dressing therefore becomes a non-issue. The fact that Elton and Adam are openly gay (the jury's still out on Steven ;)) makes this widespread acceptance even more noteworthy.

Evidently, even the bigots get the wind taken out of their sails in the face of the immense talent that all these gentlemen possess, and they pretty much leave them alone. As for us crossdressers - and as others here have stated - once we have the courage to be open about our situation and people become educated about it, we can generally expect equal acceptance if not outright support from them.

Tracii G
08-31-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm not 24/7 girl mode but do go full girl a couple of times a month.
Most of the time I'm 50/50 guy face and a mix of clothes. Girls jeans and shoes are an everyday thing for me.All my close friends just figure thats the way I am and have never really asked me about the way I dress.
Some times its a wig and forms and a guy face.Tomorrow its all girl maybe dress up fancy even.
When someone comes to my shop for guitar repair there is girl stuff around and I have never been asked why I have it.
Today a customer came over and noticed my toenails and fingernails had polish on them but never questioned it.
I hope in some small way I am educating people around me its OK to be different.

Claire Cook
08-31-2012, 05:05 AM

Tracii, those are wonderful words for all of us to take to heart. You've put in words just where many of us have been -- I know that's true for me.

So much weird stuff happens to me but ya know thats what I like about CDing.
You never know how people will take you.90% is good 10% bad so good odds IMO.

We'll take those odds any day!

BLUE ORCHID
08-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi Tracii, I too went for my check uo yesterday and he said take your
shoes and stockings off when he saw my thin nylon trouser socks
he just kinda looked at them but didn't say anything.
you can clearly see that they are womens nylons stockings.

Marlana
08-31-2012, 06:58 AM
Good for you Tracie. Glad that they are supportive and friendly towards you.

Tracii G
08-31-2012, 01:12 PM
I think once they get to know you to some degree what you wear or how you present yourself really doesn't matter all that much.

KateCDTX
08-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Great visit Traci, so good to hear they were supportive.

BethCD
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Waaaaay to go Tracii, It's gurls like you, not the chickens like me and others, that give us a more positive image among the mainstream . So many of them are homophobic and paranoid of our ilk, unneccesarily.
The more obvious we become in a non-threatening manner will show "us" in the best light.

Thank you and all the others !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

BethCD

Kaz
09-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Tracii, you are getting me all motivated again! I need to get out more! xx