PDA

View Full Version : Running from something.....

Kimberlyfaye
08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Possibly. But now I'm considering running toward something rather than away from it. I want to take up running, like early morning/late at night maybe once a week. Only condition is I do it en femme. I can't dress as often as I would like to so by doing this I can fulfil that need.

I just wondered what some of you think of it?

Tracii G
08-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a great idea as long as you have a safe place to run.

Laura912
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Safe place, sports bra, start slowly so you do not quit.

jenny76
08-31-2012, 12:16 PM
love running.. its great for stress relief or just to clear your head... I've never done it en femme though (bra and snug leggings would be great).. I agree start slow.. it usually takes me a couple weeks to get into decent running shape

STACY B
08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Good thing,,, I ride my bike every morning ,, Should try it ,,,Its great ,,,All alone ,,Just me an my Boobies ,,, B-----haive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kimdl93
08-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Not a problem if your neighborhood is reasonably safe. I walk my dogs en femme every morning. Never had a single unpleasant incident.

Kimberlyfaye
08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
I think it should be pretty safe. I've seen a few men and women running in my area. On top of that I'm not really known by anybody. Except for who I live with and they know what I do anyway. Thank you for the advice about being safe. I know it's not really an accepting world when it comes to alot of us CDs. But with this I feel I can just go out and run by myself and just be a girl. The first time I went out I was walking down the street telling myself the people in their cars will just think I'm a girl and wont have time to question it. I think the same about running. Anyone I see will just think I'm a girl going for a jog.
The only worry I have is my hair. It's not exactly feminine at the moment. It's between male and female. And I can't wear my wig for running. I can tie it in a small pony tail now but it doesn't look feminine enough yet. Any suggestions?

Marie-Elise
08-31-2012, 01:46 PM
I started running a couple of weeks ago. I live in a hilly area so I have had to choose my route carefully. If you are into technology, go to mapmyrun.com. I'm geeky that way but I log every run. I don't know that doing it en femme would make a difference, though.

Beverley Sims
08-31-2012, 02:18 PM
What else can I say. Shorts, top, runners, and make sure the wig does not come adrift.
Bit hard to see through the side of a wig. :)
A nice sports bra helps accentuate the look as well.
Stay safe.

Kate Simmons
08-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Sounds good to me Hon. I'd probably carry some pepper spray though just for insurance.:)

Persephone
08-31-2012, 04:22 PM
I've done daily walk/runs through my area for years. It is great! Lately, I've cut back on the running part because I'm getting older.

If you can make a short ponytail, maybe add a girly baseball cap? Pull your ponytail through the back. Even though my ponytail is long enough I wear the cap for sun protection anyway.

I use a small fanny pack, but whatver works for you. I carry an old driver's license for ID, a couple of dollars, cellphone, a small water bottle, and pepper spray (in a bright pink container on my belt).

I think it should be pretty safe. I've seen a few men and women running in my area. On top of that I'm not really known by anybody. Except for who I live with and they know what I do anyway.

Are there people from work, school who drive down any of the streets? In 4 or 5 years of mostly daily walking/running I did find that I was seen a few times. Some were women who knew me from the beauty salon and stuff, but a couple of people I know who live in my general area did "discover" me. I'm definitely not trying to scare you off, since I admire you for making the decision to get more exercise, I'm just relating my experience so you are aware. Most won't recognize you but you do need to consider the possibility.

Kate commented on the pepper spray and she's right. There are lots of dogs that love the taste of runner in the morning. And then, well, a girl never knows -- I had a stalker problem for a while that seemed to go away when the bright pink canister appeared on my belt! It was about two years ago and you can read about it here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?135317-Mystery-Solved!-Now-I-Have-A-Problem!&highlight=stalker).

Have fun!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Cynthia Anne
08-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a great idea BUT leave the heels at home! Not good running shoes! he,he!

BLUE ORCHID
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
It sure sounds like fun but don't stop and talk to any little old men.

heatherdress
08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Good ideas. Run. Don't worry about looking great. Running is running. Your hair will grow. Try it. If it is fun, if it is safe, if you are getting a good workout - keep running.

Run, Forrest, run.

Jenniferathome
08-31-2012, 09:20 PM
Have you really noticed how women dress when they run? No makeup. No dresses or skirts. Ponytail. T-shirt, shorts. Other than adding breast forms and a bra, this is not really dressing in my book. Now, by all means run for your health!

Leah Lynn
08-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Maybe a beanie until the hair grows out? Wish I could still run, but arthritis ended that.

GeminaRenee
08-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Wear a bandana, or maybe a baseball cap? I've seen women running with both...

Kimberlyfaye
09-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I plan on doing this like 3 or 4am. When there aren't many people walking around andthere aren't many cars. I've walked to work at that time so I know how deserted it is. Mainly only people travelling to work or out running themselves. I think the pepper spray is a good idea in case I do have any trouble.
I have noticed women running and have bought some sportswear. Running shoes, tops, track pants, a track hoodie and a sports bra. No heels though. I think I will have a small amount of makeup though. Not a lot, just enough to hide the male me. Even at 3am.
I just wish I had someone to run with :(

stacycoral
09-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Mikayla, girlfriend i will b e running in the spirt of it, with you, just look over yyour shoulder that be me a block back, ha,ha, girl do be safe, i like of the girl hats that have the pony tail out of them, that could work very good until your hair gets longer, go for it sis, have fun, hugs

bimini1
09-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Used to run en femme. On a treadmill in the house and wow what a run it was. A double "runners high".

donna_tgirl
09-02-2012, 04:06 AM
A CD that lives right across the street from a friend of mine goes running about half the time enfemme. That's how all the neighbors found out about her. This is a somewhat conservative neighborhood, but she's been doing it for years and has never had a problem. Obviously, all of us gurls have to be careful, but go for it. Chances are no one will even notice you. Good luck.