PDA

View Full Version : crossing legs?

Diana Bain
09-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I can sit with my legs crossed at the ankle just fine. But I'll be damned if i can cross them at the knee...when I was younger(in my teens in the last century) I could. If I'm leaning back I can, but not sitting up straight. My wife and I go out on the patio and she crosses her just fine (I know she built differently and can...damn cromosome messing with me). Any suggestions, comments or funny comments would be greatly appreciated.:D

Marleena
09-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Diana I'm weird. I can cross my right leg over my left but not the reverse. I actually started a couple years ago after working in a cramped space. One caution though, I ended up with temporary dropfoot from doing it for long periods of time. My doctor said to quit crossing my legs, so I don't as often as I used to.

Abbygirl
09-01-2012, 07:39 PM
right leg over left is doable. Left over right is doable but not comfortable for some reason. I always feel like Mr. Rogers when I do it in guy mode.

Eryn
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
I've never had an issue with crossing either way, though left over right is my habit. Is your inability in the joints or is something getting in the way?

Marleena
09-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Left over right is really uncomfortable for me. No idea why though Eryn.

Brianna612
09-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I never cross my legs. Not good for the back and very uncomfortable. I think it's sexier to hold your legs together

Diana Bain
09-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Male parts aren't the issue...it's getting that top leg into the right place.

TeriAnn
09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I can cross my legs but a lot of the time it hurts after awhile as my junk gets in the way.

Queen
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
I can cross mine at the knee's just fine, although right leg over left is easier. It might be you need to stretch something, or have you tried some 'slimming' pants? I know when I gained weight a few years back it got a little tougher.

Karren H
09-01-2012, 08:23 PM
You need to get you one of them birth canals.... then you can cross them any way you like!

Alice Torn
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Maybe buy an electric shock zapper, and try it under that leg, and watchit fly up! Just buggin ya.

Diana Bain
09-01-2012, 09:42 PM
You need to get you one of them birth canals!

If I had one of thoose...you think I'd be here...especially on Saturday night:D

Diane Smith
09-01-2012, 11:27 PM
I sit with my legs crossed most of the time, in both boy and girl mode. I'm sure people regard it as strange, but probably not more than my other "tells" like long nails and eye makeup. Anyway, I find right-over-left is more comfortable for me than left-over-right, although I do alternate from time to time to keep my legs from cramping up after "sticking" in one position for too long.

When I was about 15 pounds lighter, I could even do the dreaded "double cross" for at least a few minutes at a time: legs crossed at the knees, with the foot of the "top" leg crossed behind the ankle of the opposite leg. It's very difficult for me to get into that position right now, but I'm hopeful that with some weight loss and stretching, I'll get the ability back soon.

One change in my lifestyle is that I'm wearing corsets much more regularly than a few years ago. When wearing a corset, enough muscle and fat is pushed out from the bottom of the belly into the groin area that my legs are forced farther apart at the hips, and crossing my legs is less comfortable. I'm working on this by experimenting with different ways to tighten the corset, and practicing to improve my flexibility, but I would really like to be able to achieve an hourglass waist and that uber-feminine crossed leg pose at the same time. A bit of a dilemma at the moment.

- Diane

Algoma
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Crossing legs very lady like.

NathalieX66
09-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Unless I did hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which will soften up the muscles, crossing legs is not easy or comforable for me.
BTW, Womens' pelvises are wider, which makes it easier and more natural to cross legs. Softer muscle tissue will help too!

Leah Lynn
09-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Arthritis doesn't help, either!

Cynthia Anne
09-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Aw come on it can't be that bad! I have no problem at all! BUT then I ain't got but one leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NylonXdress
09-01-2012, 11:48 PM
It was hard for me to cross my legs at first and even then I could only cross right over left. I asked my wife about it and she said sometimes she has trouble with left over right. I would just "practice" crossing them and eventually it became second nature. I can now cross either way and there is no need for adjusting. From my experience just keep at it and it will come.

Lexi

DebbieL
09-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Crossing legs is more difficult if you have more weight in your thighs, if you haven't stretched properly, if you have over-developed muscles, or if you have testes in the way.
To eliminate the testes, use a gaff or tape to keep them in the "pockets" up inside your hips.
Stretching the muscles can be done in Ballet, Modern, Jazz, or Yoga.
Diet and exercise is the trick for reducing the bulk in your inner thighs, but not muscle building exercises - in this case you do NOT want to work to the point where you are in pain. Bicycle, Stairs, or Elliptical training at a nice comfortable speed for no more than 30 minutes at a time. You should not experience tearing or muscle pain the day of your work-out or the following day.

For Americans, the right leg and foot is slightly more muscular than the left, because that's the leg used for the accelerator (and clutch for manual transmission). Pay extra attention to this leg when stretching.

susan54
09-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Wow. Never thought of this as an issue. I have always crossed my legs, man and boy, usually right over left, but change over from time to time. I even cross them when a passenger in the front seat of a car. I have heard people say that only women cross their legs, but I have never had a comment about this. When I am wearing a skirt or dress I might cross the legs at the ankle as well (right over left at knee, right under left at ankle), and have occasionally caught myself wanting to do this in male mode - that IS definitely something you don't do as a man. I tend not to do the ankle-only cross however I am dressed - don't find it comfortable or natural.

Slip Affinity
09-02-2012, 06:20 AM
I can do right over left but left over right actually hurts the left leg so I don't do that very often.

kimdl93
09-02-2012, 06:45 AM
I guess I'm limber...I normally, unconsciously sit with my legs crossed above the knee...either way.

BLUE ORCHID
09-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Hi Diana, I've never really had any problems crossing either leg.

Cheryl T
09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
After a few knee surgeries I can no longer cross my legs at the knee. It's something that just isn't comfortable. I used to be able to do it but now I just sit differently and cross them at the ankle...oh well.

Sarasometimes
09-02-2012, 09:12 AM
I can cross mine at the knee either way but i do prefer left over right. I wonder if this falls in line with being righthanded? I also agree with the idea that the most femme sitting position is uncrossed legs with knee together. I find it a bit tiring but I like having the remember to sit "like a lady". Of course this is all easier with a good tuck!

Nicole Brown
09-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Diana,

Last November I visited Amanda Richards for a makeover and a photo shoot. During the photo shoot Amanda asked me to cross my legs at the knees and I was unable to comply. She then suggested that if I wanted to cross my left leg over my right knee, I should shift my position so I was sitting on my right hip more. By rotating my position so that I was no longer sitting squarely on my butt, but instead was sitting more towards my right hip, I was able to cross my legs in a very ladylike fashion.

I have also discovered that I am able to accomplish the same exact leg cross in my therapist's office. The coach that I sit on during my sessions has a very soft cushion which I sink into. When sitting on this cushion, my butt sinks lower into the coach and I am also able to cross my legs, in either direction, in a very feminine style.

Kate Simmons
09-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I had problems with that too Diana. It just takes practice and body training to do it in a way to avoid crushing the "jewels". :)

Sarasometimes
09-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Hi Diana,

Last November I visited Amanda Richards for a makeover and a photo shoot. During the photo shoot Amanda asked me to cross my legs at the knees and I was unable to comply. She then suggested that if I wanted to cross my left leg over my right knee, I should shift my position so I was sitting on my right hip more. By rotating my position so that I was no longer sitting squarely on my butt, but instead was sitting more towards my right hip, I was able to cross my legs in a very ladylike fashion.

I have also discovered that I am able to accomplish the same exact leg cross in my therapist's office. The coach that I sit on during my sessions has a very soft cushion which I sink into. When sitting on this cushion, my butt sinks lower into the coach and I am also able to cross my legs, in either direction, in a very feminine style.

Great tip to share! Women often take on asymetrical poses unlike men who are symetrical and solidly based.

Stephanie47
09-02-2012, 12:09 PM
I can cross either way, although left over right seems more natural. I am tall, six foot, and have long legs that are slender. I think height, particularly length of the leg, has much to do about it, as well as the thickness of the thighs. I have never seen a heavy woman cross her legs. I've seen may slender women do it easily. Very sexy too.

KarenSusan
09-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I just stay tucked. It is then very comfortable just to keep my knees together.

Claire Cook
09-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Interesting that those of us who do cross our legs (it definitely feels ladylike) find it easier to cross the right leg over the left rather than vice versa. I do yoga, which helps my flexibility, but I definitely find it easier to do right leg on top.

Vickie_CDTV
09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
It depends on how long one's legs are and how thick they are too. I have short, thick legs, and even tucked it is impossible for my to cross my legs. Even if I lost a ton of weight I doubt I could because my thighs are short. I wish I could cross my legs, but I can't, so I just keep my knees and ankles together. Not all GGs can cross their legs either, and that is what they do.

GaleWarning
09-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I have trouble keeping my knees together ....
:battingeyelashes:

Barbara Jo
09-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm lucky in that I was always able to cross my legs in any contorted female configurations .
I asssume this is because my hips are more like a female than a male.:)

JohnH
09-02-2012, 02:32 PM
As a 60 year old geezer I can cross my legs easily at my knees quite easily both ways, and I can do the double cross with my right leg over my left leg and right foot behind my left leg.

John

Abbygirl
09-02-2012, 08:01 PM
You know, now that I think about it, the same thing happens with fingers. Try clasping your hands together with fingers interlocked. For me it feels significantly more natural with the left finger on top. I'm right-handed if that makes a difference. Try it!

ArleneRaquel
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I usually cross my left leg over my right knee, the other way also works for moi, but is less comfortable.

Eryn
09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Unless I did hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which will soften up the muscles, crossing legs is not easy or comforable for me.
BTW, Womens' pelvises are wider, which makes it easier and more natural to cross legs. Softer muscle tissue will help too!

I don't doubt it, but I haven't had HRT, have narrow hips, and cross my legs at the knee comfortably, even doubly. I think that it's just a matter of having done it all my life and, for some reason, not having been shamed for "sitting like a girl" in adolescence.

Angela Campbell
09-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I have trouble keeping my knees together ....
:battingeyelashes:

More ladies should have this problem LOL

RachelPortugal
09-03-2012, 03:52 AM
I can cross either leg over the other above the knee without difficulty, although it is not good for the circulation and lead to pins and needles after a while.

My wife always pulls me up on this when I am wearing a skirt or dress, saying that, in polite society, ladies should only cross their legs at the ankle whilst keeping their knees together.

Beverley Sims
09-03-2012, 07:20 AM
I have no worries crossing my legs at all.

Marlana
09-03-2012, 07:40 AM
I sit with my legs crossed right over left. I can cross left over right, but it's not as comfortable. I'm gonna practice that for a while. I tuck to keep junk outta the way, and it looks and feels better.

Jillian Faith
09-03-2012, 08:22 AM
I always wanted to be able to cross my legs but body type got in the way (long torso with short legs) add not very flexible too. So I started stretching and attempting to cross my legs while watching tv at night. At first it looked very awkward and unfeminine but over time I was able to get into a decidedly feminine position (right over left). After that I started working on the left over right to give my legs a break and because I wanted to be able to sit either way when in public. I can now sit either way but right over left is definitely my primary side to cross. Oh and the Amanda Richards technique really works I discovered that while working on my leg crossing technique by accident.

Katie83
09-03-2012, 08:50 AM
I can cross my legs left over right easily in both male and female modes tucking can help, but can also become a little uncomfortable if leaning forward at all, like at a table or resting elbows on my knees. I can also double cross my legs left leg over right then left foot under right ankle.
Katie

Anna Abwaerts
09-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Some while ago I sat only in macho-style. Now I cross the legs as I wish, as it is comfortable for me.

I have noticed that the chair/bench where you sit matters a lot. When the chair has back support its very comfortable to lean back and cross the legs. Some benches in the park have no back support and I found it too difficult to cross my legs. And also after a while sitting on such benches by back starts to hurt and I feel there has gathered too much pressure in my male parts -> then need for a walk.

I can do double leg cross, but of course it would be too awkward in a public place ;p
For me, I find it more comfortable legs being crossed knees, one leg over the other, because it keeps the pressure of my male parts locked. Avoid benches with no back support, they are bad for your back.

Contessa
09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I can't be sure if this will work for every one, but slide your right foot over to your left. And this should allow you to lower your knee. And then you can cross your legs. It should work either. You can even try sitting back and leaning forward.

Tess