PDA

View Full Version : I went to a CD support group meeting tonight

Angela Campbell
09-01-2012, 11:16 PM
I went to this meeting for crossdressers tonight and it was all I hoped for. It was at a meeting room in a hotel and I was able to get a room just down the way from the meeting so I could change after I arrived. Wow I was so nervous at first I was shaking and barely able to talk. The other ladies there were so nice to me and offerred me a drink and chatted with me until I felt a little more settled down. It did not take too long until I felt better. It was a super large step to actually go out in public and walk around all dressed up around other people. By the time the meeting was done (4 or 5 hours) I was very comfortable and even for a while felt like a real girl. And the best part was I was not the worst looking one there. There were some that I could not ever tell were really men but many were obvious. I was kind of in the middle. If you saw me you might wonder but wouldn't immediately spot a guy in a dress. This was really the first time I felt comfortable with wearing the clothes, wig and makeup. I will make this a regular thing now.

Leah Lynn
09-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Good for you! Soon there won't be any nervousness; just a natural feeling.
Leah

missmars
09-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Good for you, In my contry there are no support group and many people missunderstand Cd is homosexual or most of homosexuals are Cd.

Cynthia Anne
09-01-2012, 11:54 PM
Way to go girl!! Be proud of yourself and who you are! 'Cause I am proud of you and you are worth it! Hugs!

NathalieX66
09-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Sounds like my first.
My Tri Ess group dragged me out into an all-night diner, which we attend regularly . That was part of my baby steps of going out public. It sure worked!

bridget thronton
09-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Well done - sounds like a great experience

Angela Campbell
09-02-2012, 06:00 AM
They are part of tri S

cindy777
09-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Good for you, it is always easier when you have friends close by for support. It is very nerve racking being in public dressed.

BLUE ORCHID
09-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi AAL, You sound like it was a wonderful event .

Claire Cook
09-02-2012, 07:34 AM
It's such a comfort to know that you are not alone. A big first step, and as Leah said it will feel more natural the more you do it. (Although I still get that rush just before I go out the door!)

TxCassie
09-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Congrats! Hon! You've experienced exactly what I want to experience one day. To be dressed, among friends, or at least others accepting, and forget I am dressed, and just be me. Good for you. I hope, it was the first of many good experiences to come.

Kate Simmons
09-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Sounds good Hon. The ones I used to attend rarely lasted that long. There was an introduction, status report, "round robin" updates from members. Then usually someone giving a talk on TG issues, or a vendor showing jewelery, wigs and makeup. After that refreshments and gab fest until everyone was done. After that some went to a local TG friendly watering hole to drink, dance and mingle.:)

sterling12
09-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Grab on to some of the more experienced Gals over there in Orlando, and AFTER The Meeting hit The Pubs in Old Towne, or head down to The Parliament.
Peaches or Susan usually do something, and that's your next BIG STEP. When asked to "go out" after The Meeting, don't squander your chance.

Pretty soon you will "blossom," hook into The TG Network, and find activities all over The Place for you to attend. Wait until you attend your first Party, or go out to Dinner with friends. Things are going to get a lot better, a lot faster, if you let them. It's easy to be timid, and want to slow down at this point. I advise to do The Opposite! You have had a lifetime of not releasing your inner "Lady." Now is The Opportunity to do things differently.

By the way, I know they asked you. What Femme Name did you use? Please share that with us.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Debglam
09-02-2012, 09:56 AM
That's wonderful! We have all been there and I'll bet there will be no stopping you now!!!

Hugs,
Debby

Marleena
09-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Nicely done Almostalady! It's a great way to make new friends and help you relax. It's a safe place to be yourself too without dealing with the general public for now.:)

Tracii G
09-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Good for you and yes its a big step.My first meeting I was scared how I would be accepted.
It was wonderful and I got to be with people just like me.The loneliness vanished that night.

Angela Campbell
09-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Joanie, I am Ellen when dressed. It works for me because it sounds a lot like the name I used when younger so when called by that name I will recognize it easier. If asked to go out with the other members I would very likely go as long as I am with others I can surround myself with. Power in numbers I guess. Yes I am a bit scared of that but also excited. I really can't wait to go out in public for real as a woman and not even have to think about what the consequences may be. It is something I have wanted all my life.

Audrey34
09-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Joanie, I am Ellen when dressed. It works for me because it sounds a lot like the name I used when younger so when called by that name I will recognize it easier. If asked to go out with the other members I would very likely go as long as I am with others I can surround myself with. Power in numbers I guess. Yes I am a bit scared of that but also excited. I really can't wait to go out in public for real as a woman and not even have to think about what the consequences may be. It is something I have wanted all my life.

Hello Ellen! Congratulations on your first meeting. I'll never forget the fear I had when I went to my first Tri-Ess meeting. Everyone was so nice and when I was introduced they gave me a warm round of applause. That really helped a lot. Since then I've been going to my meetings once a month and having many wonderful experiences. I hope you have many great experiences at all your future meetings!
-Audrey

Angela Campbell
09-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Thank you Audrey, that is nice, I am amazed at the support all of you out there give to me and each other, It tells me we really are more like women then men because no men would be this supportive. I am happy to be starting a life full of wonder after all these years.

Jaidyn
09-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I hav'nt been out yet. I've heard of a meet up that sounds a lot like the one your talking about near me.Sept 22 in Va. I hope I can have your kind of courage.

Angela Campbell
09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Courage is a big plus. I was terrified because I had to walk out of the room I got changed in, down an outside hallway along all the other rooms to the far end of the building all alone. Once I was inside the meeting room with 20 or so more ladies just like me the courage from all the others adds together and suddenly there is the feeling that everything is ok and there is nothing to worry about. By the end of the night being outside the room in the public areas was just fine with me. I can say if you have never done it you should at the very first opportunity. You will be glad you did.

Contessa
09-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Congrads Almostalady.

Now let nothing stop you. You don't need other people to be who you are. Cause you're beautiful all by yourself. But knowing that you know others like you should make it easier to go out. Everyone of us crossdressing transexuals needs a place to meet others like us. If there is no meeting in your area start one. Do what needs to be done. They can't stop us all.

Tess

docrobbysherry
09-02-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't know nuttin' about TriEss, Ellen. But, I DO KNOW that the biggest gathering of CDs in the world will be happening later this month near u in Atlanta! The SCC. And, I know from your post, YOU'RE READY for it!

Eryn
09-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Congratulations on your first steps! I remember how nervous I was as I drove 60 miles dressed and then had to deal with valet parking. It was so wonderful to have a group waiting for me who were supportive and friendly and I'm glad that your experience was the same.

The next time you go out will be less nervous and even more fun. After a while you'll wonder why you were nervous at all!

PretzelGirl
09-03-2012, 10:30 AM
To me, there is nothing that helps you get out and feel yourself than meeting with other, like-minded people. Most of my education and self acceptance have come from being here, going to Tri-Ess meetings, and going to Diva Las Vegas. I hope you are able to continue to attend as you will be surprised what it does for you.

Angela Campbell
09-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Oh the Southern Comfort in Atlanta. If I could I would go but I just cannot get off of work in September at all thisa year...maybe next year.

Anita_2
09-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Very nice sounds like a great experience