PDA

View Full Version : Looking nice

Kate Simmons
09-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Many of us who go out fully en femme strive to look nice. Why is that? Do we want to do it because we are consciously or subconsciously wanting to attract the attention of guys or is it a more basic need such as self satisfaction or wanting to feel good? I mostly want to look nice because when I go out to the club I like to enjoy dancing all night en femme and get positive feedback through myself when I do that. Just curious as to why others like looking nice.:)

Marissa
09-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Really? is it all about you???? :) ok, I'm teasing a bit..but when you dance and yes, look in the mirrors (if provided), do you really see you as you want to be???? I understand that you feel great about how you look, but many (some?) go out to see how they stand next to the other girls/gurls... vanity? yes.. whether to attract a guy or that lesbian..lol.. or just anyone.. we do it to feel good.. but as many of us know.. vanity is not on our side as we know who we are.. so we are cautious, but love it no matter..

Who doesn't want to be told they are sexy? woman or man..

Hugs,
Marissa

Raychel
09-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I don't go out at all, but for me dressing is all about self satisfaction and wanting to feel good. No one will ever see me, well maybe my wife.....

Beverley Sims
09-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Just want to look good. Vanity?

STACY B
09-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Think about it ,, Ya dont put on a half a Halloween Costume ? Many chix that cant dress daily go Full Bore when they get the chance ,, Bottled up an pent up aggresion let it flow ,,Yull find your way ,,There is no right answer ,, All of us are not the same an will never be ,,Some gay,,Some strait ,,Some dont even know ? Some dont want to know . So if you feel good you should go with what makes you feel good . Thats why there are a million different kinds of Drinks ,,, We all want something different .

Cheryl T
09-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I just want to be the best I can. It doesn't translate to a particular style of dress as no matter what I'm wearing I like to look good. I never would go out dressed sloppily, it's just not me.

Angela Campbell
09-03-2012, 11:20 AM
If I go out dressed as a man I want to look good too!

KayHenderson
09-03-2012, 11:24 AM
I've wondered about that myself.

When I was working, I went from simply wanting to "pass" to dressing appropriately for the office environment to occasionally feeling that I wanted to attract some attention.

Michelle 2
09-03-2012, 11:54 AM
To me its all about the inner woman. I enjoy looking and feeling good about myself. It helps me health wise by watching my diet and exercising. Fitting into a smaller dress size is always a good incentive. If guys are attracted to me because of this that is secondary and just a by product of the effort and expense it takes.

Michelle

Lorileah
09-03-2012, 12:01 PM
It is totally conscious in my case. I want to be noticed without being gaudy or over the top. As to male or female...either one is OK. Harder to impress a female though. I am not looking for the "OMG did she not have a mirror?" look. I want the "My you look nice tonight. I like your (skirt/top/necklace)" comments. When I don't want notice...I stay home

linda allen
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I try to look "nice" in female or male mode. At least out in public when I'm not working on the house or car or mowing the lawn. Nobody likes or respects a slob.

AllieSF
09-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I am always shooting for a look that makes me feel comfortable and good looking with being attractive an added bonus. I personally want to dress completely and look as good as I can, because that is how I am. If I try to build something, I want to do the best job possible given the tools that I have or can get. I want to do a job for work or someone as best possible. That is me. A very good friend of mine told me something that I like about this. Michelle said "When I walk into a room, restaurant or bar, I want to be noticed as an attractive well dressed woman". So do I!

Now, once dressed and after a final look in the mirror, in the bathroom at home or in the car after a finishing touches pause in a nearby parking lot, the only time I worry about what I look like is when I am using the Ladies room. There I will brush out my hair and touch up my lipstick. After one more check to make sure that my skirt is not tucked into my undergarments and that I have no toilet paper stuck to my shoes, it is out the door back into the real world again to talk to whomever.

UNDERDRESSER
09-03-2012, 11:34 PM
I want to look sexy.

It is not normally expected for guys to look sexy, at least, not in the manner I mean. Hence, part of the reason I want to dress feminine.

Vanessa_1977
09-03-2012, 11:49 PM
I like looking and feeling sexy. Hearing it even more so. I chat with peps on yahoo and such mostly males. I'm not looking for males but it's all that will chat with me. "I'm not gay If I was I'd be a lesben" but have someone telling me that I'm sexy feels good. I just wish I could go out dressed up and preaty as can be.

MissTee
09-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Quite simply: there's a self-fulfillment factor that comes with looking good and that can't be otherwise obtained. I do it in man mode and Misty mode. Oh, and it's all about me . . .

bridgetta
09-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Question. Why do we want to look nice?
Answer. We are involved in the game of attraction. By polishing our look we are experiencing the psychology of being desired. We are also stimulated by the signals we are attracted too.

The preset society standards for desireability are good skin. Slim figure long helthy hair. Etc. symbols of health and vitality.
Secretly we want to what all pretty girls want. To be treated like. Princess. To be loved worshipped taken care of.

Vickie_CDTV
09-04-2012, 02:39 AM
For the hetero dresser, probably self satisfaction and wanting to feel good, I know this is the case for me. I am not what most would considered physically attractive, but people do tell me I dress nicely and I appreciate that, it lets me know I am doing a good job.

noeleena
09-04-2012, 04:04 AM
Hi,

Wasnt going to respond to this then i saw ...attract or attention. ooops , no i dont , yet really i do by the mear fact of going out any where , do i dress nicely yes of cause yet not to gain or for attention .

my other clothes i wear do that because they are peroid clothes or garb.& do they grab attention oh yes lots, manly because people dont expect to see us dressed this way so its very different .

The thing is you accept many people will look at you its just a part of what its about we sure dont hide away. thats for sure,

...noeleena...

Shelly Preston
09-04-2012, 04:45 AM
I think we all like to look nice for a few reasons

Yes we all want to look the best we can

Self satifaction maybe one or being able to blend in with the general public
For some attraction could well be the idea

Personally I want to think that when someone notices I am not female, they will have at least noticed I have made an effort to be the best I can be ( depending on the situation eg supermarket shopping or clubbing)

Kate Simmons
09-04-2012, 04:50 AM
I do notice that when en femme, I find myself primping and preening more. It seems natural and must be a built in response to being out there in the mating game.:)

kimdl93
09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I just want to look presentable...ie, look as good as I can, because I think that if I make the effort, I'll blend in more effectively.

Nikki A.
09-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't dress to pick up guys, but I do try to look as nice as I can to make me feel good. I have a decent wardrobe (not excessive, but with some variety) and yet I always seem to fall back on certain items that I think I look good in and am comfortable in. Of course where I'm headed also determines what I wear, I try to be one of the nicer dressed but not way overdressed.
Basically what I'm trying to say is that I dress for me and no one else.

BLUE ORCHID
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Kate , Even though I don't go out yet I still want to look as feminine as posible.

AlisonRenee
09-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Many of us who go out fully en femme strive to look nice. Why is that?

Easiest way I know of to be out and only attract the attention that I want -- and not the kind I don't. In other words, I just want to look female.

Paula T
09-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I just really try to look the very best that I can for my own satisfaction. I almost always try to blend in with the folks that will be where I am going. Like to a club maybe a little more risque and out shopping more subdued but maybe a pinch better dressed than the average shopper. And then there is the old problem "what to wear what to wear" and then the trying on and looking in the mirror and makeing the decision. I am going out tomorrow and haven't totally decided what to wear yet and I know it will be a last minute decision.:)

Lynn Marie
09-05-2012, 10:47 PM
So I was out last week at our local club and one of the girls at the bar told me I looked "adorable". The week before I wore jeans out for the first time. One of the handsome young men at the club congratulated me and said that I looked better than ever! Hey, I know my limitations, but compliments like that just make a girl feel really good.