PDA

View Full Version : Cross dressing parents

bobbimo
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I was just thinking.. dangerous I know.
But how many out there ever caught their dads cross dressing?
Or were ever told that they had a desire to cross dress?
Bobbi

bridget thronton
09-04-2012, 12:57 PM
No parents did not crossdress, but my mom never forced conformance to gender syereotypic behavior

Tracii G
09-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Can't say I ever saw them do it.

Karren H
09-04-2012, 01:27 PM
After my dad passed away we found a couple red nighties in his closet.... my siblings assumed they were his old girlfriends but I still wonder.... I know my brother dabbled in crossdressing after I introduced him to it when we were younger.....

prettytoes
09-04-2012, 01:45 PM
My dad would dress as a woman for Halloween whenever he got the chance. There were a few other signs that have always made me wonder.

He has been gone for many years now, so I will never know for sure.

Silmaril
09-04-2012, 06:41 PM
When I was "caught" by my mother in my mid twenties, she sat me down very calmly to discuss it. In the course of the conversation, she revealed that she had once come home early from somewhere and found my father wearing her wig and a dress and stockings of hers.

Mom says he claimed at the time that he knew she was coming home and had done it as a joke, and she had let it go at that. But she confessed in our conversation that she had always wondered. Paraphrasing from A Christmas Story, my mother works in self delusion the way that other artists work in oil or clay; I have very little doubt that my father--who I am *very* like in temperament--cross dressed.

He had passed away when I was 18 though, so there is no way to confirm that. It has been sad for me over the years to see male friends develop adult relationships with their dads, and to consider a phase I never got to with him. But it's made doubly sad to think of what else we might have had to bond over.

At this point in my life, being less restricted and frankly less worried what people think, I have made plans to dress some day this fall and go visit his grave site. It's probably silly, but I want to stand there for the world to see, as if to walk out of the shadow for *both* of us. The idea has put a new spin for me on Jim Croce's lyric:

"And I carry it with me like my daddy did.
But I'm living the dream that he kept hid."

I'm not sure what dream Jim Croce and his dad shared, but I'm fairly certain about my dad's & mine.

Kate Simmons
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
My Dad? You kidding? He would have made both Tiny Tim and Cass Elliot look good.:)

Ann Thomas
09-04-2012, 07:22 PM
I came to my dad's house one day to pick him up and take him to a doctor's appointment. I had this really strong feeling he'd never see his house again. I was right in the end, as he passed away without ever returning there, due to his failing health. Once it was determined he was going to be staying in the hospital an extended amount of time, I went back to his house to clean things up. Needless to say, I found his clothes at that point. I knew I needed to talk to him about it at some point, and did so after thinking about it for a time.

During one of his lucid times, I told him what I had found, and told him I also was a crossdresser as well. He told me briefly his history with it, how it had begun when he was quite young, disappeared while in the Army National Guard, then came back when a girlfriend asked him to put on her panties, and the feelings and memories flooded back to him. His desires for crossdressing just kept increasing as he aged. He died a few weeks later. sadly I had no more chances to talk with him about it, nor was I mature enough to know what to ask. This was about 12 years ago before I grew to accept myself and learn what it was that I was facing.

A couple of years later, my son, who had recently turned 18, came to visit for a weekend (his mom and I had finalized our divorce the day I buried my father.) I told him about my crossdressing and also my father's crossdressing. Quite to my surprise, my son told me he also had been doing it, although it had been diminishing as he grew into adulthood. (That's the family pattern, so it seems - it'll come strongly to him once he gets older.)

I've told this story before, but not in this much detail. As far as I know, I am the only one on the forum who has had this multi-generational experience. For my family it is clearly genetic. And, it's been confirmed without question from father to son. (I do appreciate the others who shared about their family lore. I do relate to how you were not able to discuss it in depth at the time - I wish I had asked so many more questions of my father too!)

I hope others who have not shared this kind of story before, but have experienced it, will also share, if there are any.

Hugs,
Ann

bobbimo
09-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks Ann,
That was a really great story. I wish I could reach though cyber space and give you a hug.
I too hop That there are more stories like yours out there. When I started the thread I was curious as to how many of us had been told of their parents dressing. Everyone here struggles how to tell their wife/family, but few have been on the receiving side.
It seems like this is a pretty new phenomenon.
Bobbi

Lady Panda
09-05-2012, 10:39 AM
my father doesn't cross dress however found out a few years ago from my grandmother (moms side) that my grandfather was a crossdresser.

RADER
09-05-2012, 12:07 PM
My brother had SRS about 20 years ago. He flew off to the far east to get it then.
He had transformed for about 2 years until I found out one day in his back yard,
He/she was cleaning their pool when I was talking to his wife,(My sister in Law)
about something, and asked who that was cleaning the pool. She was wearing a one
piece bathing suit with a shirt like cover-up and a big straw hat.
She said let me introduce you to my friend _____, I said high, and shook her hand,
Then she asked me if I recognized her, I said no, then something hit me; Is that you
(Former male name), She said yes, didn't you recognized me, No I did not.
That almost knocked me over for a loop. Now he does know that I would cross dress at times,
She called it a fetish, and that I was an armature. Maybe so, But we do not talk much,
He has always had a Superior complex about him/her self, There is nobody better
than me attitude. Sad, because I think we could have learned from each other.
Rader

sterling12
09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
My Mom wore Girl's Clothes all The Time! For your purposes, didn't you mean A Male Parent, instead of Parents?

Now an interesting Story might be The Equivalent from a Transman, "Jeez, My Mother used to dress up in Jockey Shorts at every opportunity!" But, you weren't expecting something like that, were you? I just noted This Possibility for The Sake of Balance!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Ann Thomas
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you, Bobbi, for your kind words! I do appreciate it.

I truly do think more people will discover this within their families as we grow into a more socially accepting time in our world. I'm convinced it is genetic, and that my ancestors hid it from their families as much as they could, since it was not socially acceptable during their times. Most of my ancestors came over at the very beginnings of the arrival of European settlers in this continent, with three families coming on the Mayflower, and more coming soon after. As populations grew, they moved westward, finally running out of places to flee to with their arrival in Washington Territory in 1875. (Lady Panda, could we be related?)

There must be tens of thousands of families that came from these same early settlers, and I think most likely we could correlate which ones exactly they were if we all pooled our information. A couple of years ago I asked this on the forum here, and not one person responded. I do respect people's privacy, and I'm not asking for current information, but very old information, such as that which has already been put into open public record, like the most most recently released census. So, if anyone who reads this is interested in sharing very old family details, I think it might be worth looking into.

Again, thanks for your question, Bobbi, and your lovely response!

Hugs,
Ann

BLUE ORCHID
09-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Hi Bob, My dad was straight as an arrow.

Lady Panda
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Thank you, Bobbi, for your kind words! I do appreciate it.

I truly do think more people will discover this within their families as we grow into a more socially accepting time in our world. I'm convinced it is genetic, and that my ancestors hid it from their families as much as they could, since it was not socially acceptable during their times. Most of my ancestors came over at the very beginnings of the arrival of European settlers in this continent, with three families coming on the Mayflower, and more coming soon after. As populations grew, they moved westward, finally running out of places to flee to with their arrival in Washington Territory in 1875. (Lady Panda, could we be related?)

Ann

Hi Ann,
My family (matriarchal --Grandfather family ) came to this counrty to New York from Czeslovakia...I just moved westward as of 1979...most of my family is still in naigra county, NY
I most definately believe there is a genetic componant....I myself as a GG ...do like to dress in male attire ...no bvds but guys shirts, jeans, socks, shoes...basically tom boy at heart ...stil love some of the girly things too...Still like to be pretty .
I also am as my guy friends say,,,, my personality and the way I think as she is one of the guys but w boobs...lol

I have seen where things as CDing has run in families as well as one being gay/lesbian to run in families too.

This is a Nature NOT a nurture thing

AngelaMichelle
09-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Shortly after admitting I was Bisexual to my dad my step-mother stopped by my house and during our visit she straight out asked what it was about wearing female clothes. I automatically thought I had been found out so I answered truthfully and told her it was alot about the textures and how comfortable womens clothing was. She kinda gave me a double take and said not you, I'm asking about your dad. They had had an arguement and she left the house but came back soon after to find all of the doors locked. She walked around the house and looked in one of the windows and saw my dad wearing her lengerie. Of course I was dumbfounded and I told her I had no clue why he did it. It kinda upset me a little because my crossdressing was something that I thought was my own thing. I guess the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
~Angela

Amanda_P
09-07-2012, 02:47 AM
My girls know about it and love it. My sons are a differant story. They kinda know but don't want to see or be a part of it. My daughter even helps me with my eyeliner I hate that stuff and can never get it on right.