PDA

View Full Version : My final purge

Redbird89
11-21-2005, 10:46 AM
This weekend, I was reading accounts of people here who's wives were leaving them. I sat down to write a reply saying that he made a choice to wear womens' clothes and his wife made a choice to not stay married to someone who wears womens' clothes.

And then it made me think. I've been cheating on my wife by secretly wearing dresses and skirts after she goes to work. But now, I'm through cheating on her. She would not want me to wear them (there was a skirt episode earlier this year that didn't go well). So I've decided that my marriage is worth way more than my desire to wear womens' clothes. So I packed them all into the car and they are going to Goodwill for good this morning.

Thank you all for saving my marriage!

Phoebe Reece
11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Redbird, you need to read the posts about CD's who have purged again and again and again and again and again..... This may be your final purge, but it is not likely that you will be giving up crossdressing for good. It's good that you want to save your marriage, but your current method for doing that is just part of a repeating cycle that in the long run will take it's toll on you.

TGMarla
11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Same story heard everywhere. I've chucked 'em all for good! Truth: only time will tell.

Samuel Clemens: "I could quit smoking any time I wish. Why, I've done it hundreds of times."

This is not to disparage your desires to stop dressing. I am sure I speak for many here when I say I hope you atatin your goals. But the experiences of thousands speak loudly here. Best of luck to you.

Kim E
11-21-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi Redbird ~
I read your post and its quite obvious that you love your wife very deeply and truly value your marriage. That is very commendable. I heard an old saying once, 'that love conquers all'. I hope its true in your case.

Good luck and I wish you well. Should things change, you still have a home here.

Kim

Clarissa3d
11-21-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey redbird,

If hope for you sake you can call it your final purge. Like all the stories you have read in this forum of failed marriages and attempted purges, you must realize that just getting the clothes out of sight is a very very small part. In my case negligible.

Remember you have lost respect from your wife and you will have to work very hard to regain that respect. This is what my ex told me. I did try very very hard but I am who I am.

We will hope for the best for you and your wife.
Best wishes
Clarissa

Dayna
11-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Redbird,

I once made the promise to my wife: If she ever felt that my crossdressing was affecting our marriage, I would stop. Fortunately, we have learned to compromise, which is necessary in any marriage.

Purging is not easy; I have gone thru 3-4 myself, mostly to "punish" my wife for not understanding... stoopid, eh?

You may always have your desire to dress, just as an alcoholic will always desire a drink, but if it is your choice to quit I wish you all the best.

Sounds to me like you have the incentive you need to make it work. :angel:

Dana
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi Redbird,

I certainly wish you the greatest of luck and success in your endeavor. I would suggest that you approach it as something that you may have to daily make the conscious decision to give up each and everyday for the rest of your life.

For instance I smoke cigarettes, and I tell myself daily that I have to give them up and become a ex-smoker. And, I've already come to the conclusion that in order to do so, that I have to de-stress my life in as much as possible. I also, know that until such time as have built sufficent immunity to such, that I need to place in environments and around people that don't smoke, don't condone smoking, etc.

I'm not attempting to say that what you are attempting to do is impossible ~ I believe it is. You're going to have to find something else to channel all of that energy, concentration, and focus in something that you enjoy and derive as much pleasure from as you do from crossdressing.

The one fatal flaw in your plan is your being married to a GG? Me? Personallly, (and perhaps I'm just weak~minded in this way) I can't long live with a GG, without being drawn, almost compelled to her clothes, makeup, jewelry and other trappings of femininity ~ ! It just about drives me nuts.
Again it may just be me ~ and perhaps I am weakminded in this respect.

Best of luck. I wish the best for your and yours.