PDA

View Full Version : Almost revealed

natalie1990
09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
So I was standing in formation for a division run, and one of my female coworkers looked at my legs. "You shave your legs?" she asked. "Yea what of it?" I responded. she right then and there accused me of crossdressing. Unable to get a response out, I was saved by my watch commander. "Most runners shave their legs, now get your mind out of the gutter and continue running" he said. Whew!

So that got me thinking, what other close calls have there been, when a friend or coworker almost found out?

share your stories.

CarolineJameson
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
My wife found a link on my laptop to a Facebook profile I was running. Pictures included me in several sets of her undies, - but she didn't recognize me!!! Had to take that profile down so fast then in case she came back to check it out again!!

kimdl93
09-06-2012, 05:51 PM
Be ready for another conversation with that co worker.

Jamie001
09-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Tell the coworker to mind their own business!! It was totally out-of-line for her to ask that question, or you could just tell her that you crossdress. What you do on your own time is your business.

Eryn
09-07-2012, 01:14 AM
That comment, true or not, is well afoul of most organization's sexual harassment policy, and yes, female-on-male sexual harassment is a growing issue.
The technical term is "hostile work environment."

AngelaMichelle
09-07-2012, 01:22 AM
I had a two friends on two separate occasions recently ask me about my shaved legs and arms. I just simply said yes I shave and left it at that. there are a thousand (exaggeration) reasons why a man would shave his body. None of their business as far as I'm concerned. One friend was a female and since the initial conversation we have exchanged shaving tips! lol

~Angela

ReineD
09-07-2012, 02:43 AM
"You shave your legs?" she asked. "Yea what of it?" I responded. she right then and there accused me of crossdressing.

Accuse? Was she nasty or did she just ask if you crossdress? Or, is she a friend and was she ribbing you, without knowing the distress she might be causing? If she doesn't know much about it, she could easily just be thinking it is a harmless kink, like many other people. Or, she may have a relative, friend, or boyfriend who CDs? In a way, it's too bad that you were rescued. You might have found out where her comment was coming from. I'm more concerned about your watch commander thinking that men who CD belong in the gutter. It's THAT type of attitude that needs to change.

Also I suppose that years ago no one would have put two and two together. But I'm wondering if there aren't more people who are aware of the crossdressing than before, who can more easily read the signs. Do you also trim your eyebrows and your arm hair?

My wife found a link on my laptop to a Facebook profile I was running. Pictures included me in several sets of her undies, - but she didn't recognize me!!! Had to take that profile down so fast then in case she came back to check it out again!!

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad that she didn't recognize you. But tell me ... if you weren't a CDer, would you be uploading pics of yourself in sexy guy underwear, and would you be showing your profile to your wife? I'm asking because in the beginning of my relationship with my SO, it wasn't so much his desire to post pics of herself in nice clothes that bothered me, in fact, even though I was new to all of this, I understood the desire for validation. But I would have been really p*ssed if she had uploaded pics of herself in suggestive outfits, especially in lingerie. I would have taken it that she was looking for hook-ups.

Cheryl T
09-07-2012, 04:44 AM
I was standing next to a coworker who has little hair on his body and a female asked him if he shaved his. He replied no, it's just naturally that way. She then asked me and I said no, I didn't either. I stopped there and she didn't continue. After all, it's the truth. I use an epilator, I don't shave.

Karen_K
09-07-2012, 05:39 AM
I don't know about where you live, but where I am if someone sees a man with shaved legs, their first assumption is usually not that he might be a crossdresser. OK, mine is, but for most non-CD people, it just doesn't seem likely to be the first thing they think of. Does this co-worker have any other reason to suspect you are? Or maybe she knows other crossdressers?

RenneB
09-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Although I've had a few close calls none have been for my shaving.... Luckily I have blonde hair and was not given much body hair... As with most of my life as Renne, my brain makes up excuses for practically everything I do just in case.... So here's a few come back lines...

Shave your legs??
Nope, stood too close to the camp fire....
Yep, and shaved my face to, is that a problem?
Yep, and would you like to see where else I shaved??

Hope this helps.....

Renne.....

Katie83
09-07-2012, 09:26 AM
My previous next door neighbour holds fancy dress parties for new year. Each time i go as a woman in the given theme, superheroes, 1960s etc. So they all know that i cd for New Year parties, and my wife is very keen to stress to people that i only do it once a year, i go along with the story as it's the easiest option.
On several occasions throughout the year the same neighbour has said to me 'are you wearing mascara?' or 'have you got eyeliner on?' I have always said 'no'. She usually then looks at me with a slight sideways glance and a smile. My guess is that realistically she knows i CD all year round.
Katie

UNDERDRESSER
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I've been shaving the legs for over a year, not a big deal, as about 30% of the guys here do. The arms are recent, and nobody has said anything about it, except for when I had my wrist taped up. Last week, my GF painted my toe-nails, nobody has seen that yet, if they ask, I'll just say the GF was in a playful mood. ( True, we don't have to add that I asked her to, do we? ) I'm considering having her paint my finger nails in a light silver, ( called ethereal for the curious )

I'm feel ing much more adventurous now I have a GF, she said if anyone questions my orientation on seeing the nails, she will be quite happy to explain their mistake. :D

~Joanne~
09-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I have been shaving my legs now for well over a year. I have only had one person notice, a co-worker, she asked "do you shave your legs?" I replied " why? are you checking out my legs?" which put her in a position of checking me out in general so the conversation dropped quickly. I don't think my GF even notices the lack of hair on my body and if she does, she hasn't said a word about it.

For the record, the hair on my body has always been very light and very thin. In reality shaving everything isn't that far from where it is with the hair. I enjoy the smoothness though so I do shave. The only hair on my body is on my arms and I trim that with my trimmer to a 1, sooner I will shave it off also.

The best response for me to a question as such that I do not feel like answering is to turn it back on them. That or the "yeah and?" that usually stops them dead in their tracks most times lol

Karren H
09-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Glad to hear we've been elevated from the depths of hell up to the gutter.... lol. "Close calls" are just part of the attraction..... if no one almost noticed.... life would be way too boring.....

CarolineJameson
09-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Accuse? Was she nasty or did she just ask if you crossdress? Or, is she a friend and was she ribbing you, without knowing the distress she might be causing? If she doesn't know much about it, she could easily just be thinking it is a harmless kink, like many other people. Or, she may have a relative, friend, or boyfriend who CDs? In a way, it's too bad that you were rescued. You might have found out where her comment was coming from. I'm more concerned about your watch commander thinking that men who CD belong in the gutter. It's THAT type of attitude that needs to change.

Also I suppose that years ago no one would have put two and two together. But I'm wondering if there aren't more people who are aware of the crossdressing than before, who can more easily read the signs. Do you also trim your eyebrows and your arm hair?

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad that she didn't recognize you. But tell me ... if you weren't a CDer, would you be uploading pics of yourself in sexy guy underwear, and would you be showing your profile to your wife? I'm asking because in the beginning of my relationship with my SO, it wasn't so much his desire to post pics of herself in nice clothes that bothered me, in fact, even though I was new to all of this, I understood the desire for validation. But I would have been really p*ssed if she had uploaded pics of herself in suggestive outfits, especially in lingerie. I would have taken it that she was looking for hook-ups.

I didn't actually show her, she found link on my laptop. And I think that this buzz from showing myself dressed is maybe a desire for admiration or approval or something like that, but it doesn't HAVE to be about hooking up. Though it could be taken that way, true. How do other picture posters feel?

Caroline

Being Paige
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM
I have been asked about my eyebrows by coworkers a my neice, they are really thin, so I just said that their better looking then beastly/bushy one and way better then a una brow. Also I shave my head and thiner brows look better with that too.

ReineD
09-07-2012, 11:18 PM
I didn't actually show her, she found link on my laptop. And I think that this buzz from showing myself dressed is maybe a desire for admiration or approval or something like that, but it doesn't HAVE to be about hooking up. Though it could be taken that way, true. How do other picture posters feel?

Caroline

I've spoken/written to a lot of wives here over the years and one thing you must understand ... wives who are new to this don't understand the desire for validation. They see their husbands' pics on a site in revealing clothes or a suggestive pose, and they immediately believe their husbands are out trying to meet men to have sex with, especially when their husbands dress like women. And what complicates things is, there ARE CDers who are into this strictly for sex and who want to meet men. So it's difficult for a wife to separate it all. I'm telling you this because your wife would feel a lot better about the CDing if she saw pics of you online in regular clothes and posing in a non-sexual manner, than if she ever did recognize you in the other types of pics.

Jamie1948
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
My sister asked me if I shaved my legs, I said yes. She said they looked good.
Jamie

Jadedflames
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
I've shaved my legs for a while, sometimes neglecting them for a while, but never letting them get bushy. I used to shave my arms too, but I quit more out of sloth than anything else. Every so often I get questioned about my legs, but I always just shrug and say that "yes, I shave them," and move on with life. I have found that being casually dismissive is the best way.

And if she "accuses" you again, just shrug again, either tell a joke or just say "nah." Or you could ask about those pants she always wears. I'll bet she crossdresses more than most of us. Ahaha.

pj
09-09-2012, 03:18 AM
So many men shave their legs (and chests and arms and who knows what else) these days that I'm surprised anyone would even bring it up as being odd.

On the rare occasion that someone asks me about some not-so-masculine aspect of my appearance I just say, "I like how it looks," and the subject always ends there. For the most part, people don't care or notice, or they're more concerned with what you think about them.

natalie1990
09-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Ah but theres the rub, I am military, and so co-workers will attack you for the smallest things. She just so happens to have a very obtrusive attitude. She brought it up again today, and I just shrugged. I fired back with the question "Are you threatened because my legs look better than yours?" the look on her face was PRICELESS!

Rebecca W.
09-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Renne,
What a perfect answer, I love it!!!
The other answer that I like is, why are you checking out my legs?
If you like to shave then just shave and have a sharp answer for the curious.

Although I've had a few close calls none have been for my shaving.... Luckily I have blonde hair and was not given much body hair... As with most of my life as Renne, my brain makes up excuses for practically everything I do just in case.... So here's a few come back lines...

Shave your legs??
Nope, stood too close to the camp fire....
Yep, and shaved my face to, is that a problem?
Yep, and would you like to see where else I shaved??

Hope this helps.....

Renne.....

paulinescotlandcd
09-09-2012, 02:31 PM
I was standing next to a coworker who has little hair on his body and a female asked him if he shaved his. He replied no, it's just naturally that way. She then asked me and I said no, I didn't either. I stopped there and she didn't continue. After all, it's the truth. I use an epilator, I don't shave.

Love it !!! Just a superb reply.

UNDERDRESSER
09-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Today, I was with a group from work, and after the event, one of the girls was sitting on the ground as I sat on the bumper of the car. She had a good view of my legs. "Do you shaveyour legs?" "Yes?" "I gues it's more aerodynamic" ( she knows I cycle everywhere ) "Nah, I just prefer it, I don't like body hair"

Nobody cared, it got discussed for a minute, the problems of hair getting caught in cycling tights, etc, then it got dropped.

No big deal.

Beverley Sims
09-11-2012, 08:48 AM
When I am in shorts with my hairless legs, it is the skinny legs that get interest.
My legs are naturally hairless these days.
Must be some hormone imbalance. :)

Nikki Buck
09-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I have shaved for 25 years noone ever seemed to notice

donnatracey
09-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Like others have said, they noticed but chose not to say anything.......

DonnaT
09-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Tell her to let her leg hair grow, and see if she likes having hairy legs!

She wasn't born with a razor in her hands, after all.