PDA

View Full Version : Bra fitting tonight...life is so good!

Amanda22
09-07-2012, 04:00 PM
My wonderful wife and I are going clothes shopping tonight to see if we can find anything cute for either of us. For this who don't know, she's extremely encouraging of my dressing as a woman. There's a new Soma Intimates (http://www.soma.com) retail store in the mall area and we want to drop by, say hello, and shop. Although I have a couple of bras already, I've never been professionally fitted.

I called the local store a minute ago and asked if they would be willing to fit me. The manager who answered the phone said she'd be there this evening and would be happy to help me. Due to work, I won't have time to dress en femme beforehand, so I'll be in male mode.

I'm very excited! Soma's products are so nice. The prospect of being a regular customer on a first name basis at Soma as I am at Coldwater Creek (a few doors down from Soma) is so fun!

If anyone is interested, I can post again on how it went.

JasmineD
09-07-2012, 04:25 PM
I wold love to hear from you. I recently looked at soma website, their products look nice

Amanda22
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Before I called the local store, I chatted with a national representative via their online chat, and after expressing my desire for a fitting, she wrote, "We would be happy to assist you. You may wish to contact the store to schedule an appointment as other customers have felt more comfortable doing this."

It sounds like my request isn't very unusual, which is great :)

Cynthia Anne
09-07-2012, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a fun night Amanda! Please let us know how it goes!

RADER
09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I hope all goes well, please tell us how they fit you etc,
Rader

Teri Ray
09-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Waiting to hear the "rest of the story"

Rachel Morley
09-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Mandy,

That's awesome. Sounds like Soma is TG friendly. I too would also love to hear all the fabulous details of how it goes down. I guess you just bring your forms and let them guide you - huh?

BLUE ORCHID
09-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Hi Amanda, Please do let us know how it went.

larry
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
I go to Soma all the time (male mode) and the Ladies know me by name. The no show panties are great.

Jamie Christopher
09-07-2012, 10:51 PM
This is one of my dream trips - to actually go in en femme for a bra fitting! I've dreamt of this for years! I did call our local One Hanes Place store at the discount mall, and she said " of course we do!". One of these days I'll make the trip and report my happy findings!

Leah Lynn
09-07-2012, 10:54 PM
...Inquiring minds want to know!

k lynn
09-08-2012, 04:59 AM
Soma web site is great have bought one bra and three pairs of panties off the site wish they had a store in St.Louis area

Kimberlyfaye
09-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Would love to know how it goes Amanda. I really want to hqve a fitting but I'm too scared. I haven't got the confidence to go into a store en femme and have it done. I couldn't pull off a convincing voice anyway. And I would be so embarrassed asking to do it as a guy.

Hope it goes well for you :)

Amanda22
09-09-2012, 01:12 PM
What a wonderful experience this was! My wife and I had a couple of shops to visit before Soma, and I dressed as I typically do when not en femme, which is definitely in a feminine manner. I was wearing rolled up J.Jill khaki pants, bump-toe sneakers, feminine camp shirt, earrings, and a purse. So I was as feminine as possible given my time constraint coming from work. In fact, we were greeted with "Hello, Ladies" as we entered Ann Taylor! I loved that! I had no makeup or wig but other visual clues were definitely feminine. I had my "C" breast forms in my purse for the fitting.

At 8pm, we walked over to the Soma store and right before opening their door, I got nervous. I wasn't expecting that, but we didn't hesitate. There happened to be no customers at that moment. The manager with whom I spoke a couple of hours earlier was there along with her college-aged sales associate.

The manager greeted my wife and I warmly and I introduced ourselves to her. She smiled and said enthusiastically to me, "Come with me and let's get started!" My wife wished us well and assured us that she had a lot of browsing to do but would seek the SA's help when needed. The manager led me to one of their fitting rooms and I held my forms up to my chest where I'd normally wear them. She took one quick measurement around the fullest part of the bust and asked about styles. I told her I was most interested in lightly padded t-shirt bras and perhaps something pretty. She asked me to relax in the fitting room while she retrieved some possibilities so she could narrow down my size.

For the next hour, she waited on me exclusively, bringing bra after bra to me and having me model them for her so she could check the fit and give her feedback as to whether an item looked good on me or not. She would make adjustments to get the best fit. Of course, I was topless for all of the fitting.

She was simply amazing. Being fitted professionally makes all the difference. We found several different styles that fit so perfectly and felt really wonderful. During the entire hour, there was never even a speck of discomfort shown by her! She truly treated me as a woman! One of the bras looked good on me and I told her how great it felt. She said, "I'm wearing that one right now." She made the statement in a way one woman would to another. I didn't feel like a man at all, and that was so perfect for me.

There was an issue with the fitting rooms not receiving enough cool air from the air conditioning system, so I started to get hot. I told the manager as she was leaving my room, "I am so hot." She said, "Well, you don't have to brag about it!" My wife and the SA on the other side of the wall started laughing loudly. It turns out the SA is a former university student of my wife's, so they knew each other. They spent some time talking about me and there bits of giggles now and then although I couldn't make out anything being said. I like that they were talking about me. It turned into a really comfortable experience for all involved. My wife asked the manager if she saw any pink fog wafting from my fitting room. They laughed, as did I.

At one point, the manager brought me a bra with smaller cups. She said, "Try it on without forms and see what you think." The bra actually pushed the flesh at the sides of my chest forward and up. Amazingly, I barely filled the cups. While I stood in amazement, she brought a form-fitting t-shirt with scoop neck and I could not believe how good my torso looked. Although small for my overall frame, there was no mistaking two feminine, handful-size bumps. I really couldn't believe I was looking at myself without forms. Wearing a bra without forms is wonderful.

Another time, she came back with a bra and asked, "Do you wear dresses?" I said I do and she handed me a really cute strapless maxi-length lounging dress. We both liked the way it looked on me.

As she was wrapping up my purchases, she gave me a really generous "appointment discount" plus $30 off. She handed me her card and asked me to call her any time and she'd pull some things together and have them waiting in a fitting room. Of course, I will! She told me I was now her favorite customer. Yesterday, I picked up a pretty thank-you card that reads, "It may not have seemed like a big deal to you, but it was to me. Thank you." After I post this, I'm going to send a flattering message commending her to Soma's customer feedback site.

If you're anywhere near Chattanooga, TN, or any Soma elsewhere, get fitted for a bra. You'll be really glad you did. :battingeyelashes:

Jamie Christopher
09-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Amanda:

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience with us, and I for one am so happy for you! This is now something on my short list I have to get done soon; what a fun and rewarding experience it must have been. Thanks again,

Jamie

RADER
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
WOW!!! That was a wonderfully experience, I wish there was a store like that in my area.
About 3 years ago, my wife and myself went to a place called Schultz Intimates.
My wife got a bra fitting, then I asked for one also; the SA said OK, Come over and let me
measure you. As I approached her, she had a tape measure in her hands, as she was about
to put it around me, the Boss said, stop, I will not have that in my store.
Well I said why not, I am about to spend $ 200.00 in bras for my wife, what my money is no good?
She said for me to get out, Well my wife said to me, I do not want those bra's if she has that
attitude, so we left without buying a thing. A year later, they closed down, bankrupt, Go Figure.
Rader