PDA

View Full Version : A little scary, exhilarating and freeing

Jordan-NH
09-07-2012, 08:09 PM
So I decided that I really needed just a good simple pair of pumps. Something to offset all the foolishly high heels (hell, they're stripper shoes) that currently litter my closet. So I got online and start looking and then it hits me, this is stupid! Keep in mind, I have yet to go out... at all. But I say screw it, throw a pair of stocking on under my jeans and get in the car. If I'm going to buy logical shoes, I damn well want to know that they're going to fit good. So mustering up all my "I don't care what you think" I hit a couple shoe stores. And then big thing, I tried some on! Even walked up and down the isle a bit. The wonderful thing, I don't think anyone in either store cared less. The sales associates were all very pleasant and willing to offer assistance, the lady browsing next to me shared pleasantries. So in short, a good night, a good feeling and a good step towards finally taking Brittany out!

Teri Ray
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Good for you. Hope you enjoy your new shoes.

Tracii G
09-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Love shoe shopping too glad you found something that floats your boat!!

NathalieX66
09-07-2012, 08:27 PM
The key is comfort.....something that will not kill your feet after an hour.

Cynthia Anne
09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
That's more like it Brittany! Nice lookin' shoes!

Marissa
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Has to be a great day when you go out to find something that will make you feel so nice :) good going girl.. thanks for sharing the experience.

BLUE ORCHID
09-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi Brittany, It's too late in the evening to get me started on shoe shopping Payless has been closed over an hour now.

JenniferLynn0370
09-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Just love going to Payless; the SAs are usually very welcoming and ready to help. Pretty exciting, isn't it? Congrats!

Janine cd
09-07-2012, 09:45 PM
I've had a similar experience shopping at a local Payless shoe store. I went in looking for a pair of ballerina flats and discoved a wonderful sales person who didn't bat an eye as I tried them on.

larry
09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Isn't it funny how much we need b---s to do this and how thrilling the result is.

Paula T
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Ya didn't say it but did ya buy the ones in the top or bottom picture?:)

Julie Gaum
09-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Went shopping in Florida a few days ago and also called Payless but only one store had heels of any height in 11 1/2. Does anybody know where I can find more? Maybe the Internet although I tried a few with no luck.
Julie

Jamie Christopher
09-07-2012, 10:42 PM
I always have good luck at Payless for my size 12s. Keep looking!

Jamie

Leah Lynn
09-07-2012, 10:50 PM
I think the round toe is the same ones I have. Payless always has a good selection in size 12. SA's have always been courteous and helpful. And only once had another customer ask if I was gay. (I politely educated her.)

Silmaril
09-07-2012, 11:15 PM
I totally relate to this, Brittany! I've turned the same corner recently, and have started trying shoes on in the store. Standing or even walking around in the store, it's almost comic to try to imagine exactly what it was that you were afraid of happening, as if the roof were going to fall in or something. I'm thinking the next hurdle for me may be to shop for some clothes and actually try them on before buying. Somehow that seems like an exponentially bigger step though, and I feel that same fear start to grip me! We'll see; baby steps.

Either way, good for you! Congrats!

Jamie Christopher
09-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I've also had good luck on eBay for great buys on shoes, and some of my best bras have been eBay buys....just picked up another beautiful new Chantelle bra for less than $20.00. Wait; don't let anyone else know, OK?

Jamie

Jordan-NH
09-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks all. It was a great experience. Yes, one of the stores was Payless. I went with the round toes from them. Very inexpensive and well prices. I wanted something with more of a mate finish since everything I have is shinny. But now that I keep looking at the pictures, I think I might go back and get the pointy toes too!

Leah Lynn
09-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Be careful; those heels will try to talk you into buying more! I went in once to get steel toed boots, but walked out with several pairs of pumps and two pairs of flats.

Jordan-NH
09-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Be careful; those heels will try to talk you into buying more! I went in once to get steel toed boots, but walked out with several pairs of pumps and two pairs of flats.

Yeah, as I was organizing the closet last night I realized that I had to force a hole to even fit the new pumps into. Kind of a reality check that I probably shouldn't go buy more. My woman shoes now out number my man shoes.... hmmmmmmm.

Victoria StJohn
09-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Brittany, thanks for sharing your start into more shopping adventures. I only wish I was as brave as you. One time, in guy mode, while visiting NH, I went into a Payless that was going out of business (strip mall being torn down for a new shopping mall) and got a pair of gold colour sandals/heels for only $3.75. The salesman suggested something else, but I only wanted to get out of there in a hurry. Oh well, things have improved since then. I'll be waiting to hear about your next shopping experience. Cheers, VSJ.

jackie k
09-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Awesome britanny
I can't yet muster that kind of courage. I love reading these kind of stories of personal sucesses. An inspiretion for me. Thank you!

CarmenSkye
09-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Congrats! You serve as an inspiration!

Rachel05
09-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Lovely story and I am impressed with your choices too, I like the thought of going and trying but I need a little more courage so it is great to hear stories like this for helping me along

Sally24
09-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Congratulations! Trying them on is the only way to buy good shoes. I have enough "picture taking shoes". Now I am trying to pick up quality, comfortable, leather shoes to expand my choices. It is tough to find many shoes that are not high high heels. I go to DSW and the big.cloth.retailers. Payless is good for cheaper shoes to match a particular outfit.

Launa
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I wish I had feet that were a couple sizes smaller then I would be trying shoes on in stores all the time! Awesome that you did it.

Brianna612
09-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I think I might go back and get the pointy toes too!

Always leave something behind so you have an excuse to go back. You can never have enough shoes / clothes / accesseries