PDA

View Full Version : Sheer tops with classy lingerie

Jamie Christopher
09-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi folks:

I grew up in a time when women would wear elegant blouses with the sheerness to show the silhouette of their pretty lace bra and matching camisole underneath, and always was so jealous that they could do it with such class. Today's young set wear exposed multi colored straps with layers of a bra, a cami, maybe another cami, etc., in different colors, which is what it is. I just have always loved the look of a nice blouse that barely reveals a very pretty lace top bra under a matching camisole, and isn't that why they're made with such luxurious lace? I know I feel pretty when wearing a lacy bra that's too pretty to just let a bit show through. I don't want to completely cover up such splendor! So feminine, so soft, so elegant, and how it feels! I don't want to be trashy, like the look of a black bra under a white blouse, (although I have), but I do love to be seen to be proud of obviously wearing a bra. I do love my pretty bras, like Chantelle, Wacoal, etc.

Kelli Ca
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I agree the look was really beautiful and soft. What happened to a nice lacy satin slip, soft beige, I remember moms slip hanging in the bathroom, omg the feel

Cynthia Anne
09-07-2012, 11:11 PM
I've always loved those sheer blouses too! It seems I can never fine one that will fit me!
And don't get me started on those lacy slips Lolisa!

Jamie Christopher
09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
I haven't been able to find the classic old style thin strap lacy camisole lately, but Kmart is still selling beautiful Vassarette full slips in the same style, so I just picked up two, one in white and one in black, and went to Hobby lobby and bought some pretty 3" lace in both colors. Then I took them to my local seamstress to cut the slips to camisole length, and add the pretty lace to the bottoms to get just what I want. Since I bought 28" slips, I'll get two half slips out of the deal as well. Can always use another half slip under my skirts, as I love the feel. Just love pretty lingerie, what can I say!

JohannaSophia
09-08-2012, 01:11 AM
I remember a teacher I had in the 1950's who wore absolutely transparent blouses. She was a gorgeous girl and wore the nicest lace underwear, she did make all us adolescents throb.

I like to show lace up top when I dress, she left a lasting impression above the waistline.

Jamie Christopher
09-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Got to love those memories! Thanks for the comments.

Jamie

BLUE ORCHID
09-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Hi AltGirl, Aha those were the days I still love to copy that look .
That brings back a lot of great memories Like I said in
your other thread we are Old School.