PDA

View Full Version : Spoil or not.

Maria 60
09-08-2012, 09:51 AM
In a few weeks it's my wife's birthday and we were out last week and we past a jewelery store and she seen a ring she loved so we bought it as her birthday gift. For the longest time she wanted a name brand watch but doesn't want to spend the money. If anyone follows my post my wife is alright with the dressing, buys what ever I want and she understands that my dressing is not a joke and will also try to make sure I get at least 1 chance a week to dress. She is supportive and also knows when I start to get edgy that she will try to get me some time to dress. She is very patient with the dressing and my question to my friends here is, the ring was $110.00 and the watch will be roughly about $200.00. I really want to buy her the watch and she is so worth it, but I don't want it to come across like I am rewarding her or will she expect a double gift every year or I don't want to spoil her. What do you think, buy or not.

Marcia Blue
09-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I say, buy the watch if it is in your budget. Just tell her she is worth more than she can ever know.

Tracii G
09-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I say, buy the watch if it is in your budget. Just tell her she is worth more than she can ever know.

I agree and let her know just how important she is in your life.
I would get both just give her the watch first, then at dinner out somewhere nice give her the ring.

bridget thronton
09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Buy her the watch give to her as a "just because" gift

Sally24
09-08-2012, 11:09 AM
You can never spoil a wife too much! (married 33 years)

AllieSF
09-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I agree but the watch for her if you can afford it. I personally would not have any problem telling her that she is definitely worth it and this second Bday gift also recognizes how special she is for accepting your need to CD. A special gift for a special reason should not be looked at badly, unless you think that she will react negatively. In that situation, act accordingly.

Cheryl T
09-08-2012, 03:25 PM
$200 is not a lot to spend on a watch...I'd buy it, wrap it nicely and take her out to dinner and surprise her over dessert.

A few years ago I bought a pair of earrings for my wife (she loves filigree) and spent about $400. She never wears them as she is afraid she will lose one (or both). I tell her to wear them as it's about the same ... losing them or never wearing them. So of course guess who wears them to make sure they feel appreciated... :heehee:

STACY B
09-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Buy it ,,,Ya only live once ,,,Why not spoil her ? Ya love her dont ya,,,Who else can ya spoil ,,If I had a bank full of money I would piss it all away on my wife ,, She is the only one who EVER gave a crap about me an what I want !

Persephone
09-08-2012, 04:28 PM
It's her birthday! Shouldn't she get a really nice gift from her husband and another really nice gift from her best friend Maria?

Hugs,
Persephone.

Stephenie S
09-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Are you NUTS? Are you kidding?

If you can afford it buy it for her.

She's a prize!

Stephie

Anna B
09-08-2012, 04:55 PM
It's her birthday! Shouldn't she get a really nice gift from her husband and another really nice gift from her best friend Maria?

Hugs,
Persephone.

I agree, buy her the watch! She'll love it!

Anna x

Pexetta
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes, buy her the watch. If she does 'expect a double gift every year' deal with that when it happens next year!