PDA

View Full Version : A Question

TxCassie
09-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Since I've joined this community, my feminine journey has proceeded nicely. I'm at a point where I never dreamed I would ever be. I dress when I want, I now care for my clothes and store them properly. I shop on-line (no in-person yet), regularly. My eye for women's fashion has grown to where I look for what I'd like to wear than I wish I could wear. I haven't gotten that first make-over and my first wig yet, but, I am still determine to do so, and that in itself is a step forward.

As I near retirement from my full-time. I am pondering what the next chapter will bring me, what are my options. I am lucky enough to have a few options. I am not rich by any means, but because of my education, my pension, I do have opportunities available to me.

One of the things I've thought about is becoming a therapist/counselor specializing in gender issues. I wonder if we have anyone here that may know about the educational path I may need to take, the universities that offer the programs. I have a good ideal already as I work in education myself full-time, but any other insights would be helpful.

I know I may be something like 400 years old by the time I achieve this particular dream, but I think it would be a wonderful way to spend this chapter of my life.

Any thoughts?

Cassie :battingeyelashes:

Tracii G
09-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Kate Simmons
09-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Anyone who would want to help others in this respect is okay in my book Hon. I wish you well in achieving your goal. :)

docrobbysherry
09-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Anyone who spends their later years learning, teaching, helping, and/or trying new things that interest them, will in my opinion, enjoy life rite to the end! Enjoy yourself Cassie!

Jordan-NH
09-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Dreams are meant to be followed and retirement means you've earned the right to pursue your dream.