PDA

View Full Version : Sally's Coming Back!

SallyS
09-10-2012, 04:03 AM
After six long weeks of the summer hoildays, all my kids are back at school.

Time to start bringing Sally back into my life:)

One of my first job's is to shave off all that 'manly' hair!

Second on my list is to splash out on some new clothes, lingerie and make-up.

Third on my list is a lifestyle change????......that, you'll just have to wait and see;)

Sally x

ReineD
09-10-2012, 04:07 AM
How difficult was it to not dress over the summer? I'm just curious. I'm not a CDer and as hard as I try, it's difficult for me to imagine what it must feel like. Is it uncomfortable if you feel you need to dress and can't? And how uncomfortable does it get?

dominique
09-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Well all mine are back so I can dress at least 4 days a week now. Well as the longer it goes, your tolerance towards other people goes down. You snap at people, your outward persona is calm while inside your screaming I WANT TO DRESS. You count down the days, also you don't enjoy the time we're with our kids, your mind wanders a lot imaging what you would look like in every out fit you see.

Hope that shows you what we go through. lol

SallyS
09-10-2012, 04:49 AM
How difficult was it to not dress over the summer? I'm just curious. I'm not a CDer and as hard as I try, it's difficult for me to imagine what it must feel like. Is it uncomfortable if you feel you need to dress and can't? And how uncomfortable does it get?

It's OK, too many distractions anyway, kids, job's around the house, too hot to dress at times (sun came out at last!), just being 'dad' takes my mind off it.

I do get a bit moody if I can't be Sally when I need too though:)

I guess it's different for other people? I get to dress several days a week during Autumn, Winter & spring, so I can't be too upset about the summer break:D

Claire Cook
09-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Sally, Sounds like it is time to malke up for lost time!

I do get a bit moody if I can't be Sally when I need too though:)
:D

Hmmm .. I wonder if this is our version of bitchiness, or maybe PMS??

Brenda79135
09-10-2012, 05:27 AM
The feeling I get when there has to be stretches of non-dressing is like a new task at work or a reasearch paper at school with a dealine. In the beginning, there is no pressure and things go along smoothly. Then the inner voice starts talking to you that you should be doing the task. As time goes on, the voice goes from gentle reminder to nagging. Then from nagging to pestering. Finaly pestering comes to outright nonstop badgering. You stike out at the least little thing and it gets hard to interact with people in general. At least that is what I go through.

Beverley Sims
09-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Ahh isnt it wonderful to feel those old friends on again.
Waiting for the lifestyle change

suchacutie
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I have often had blocks of time where Tina was on the shelf simply because life got in the way. Tina needs time, no visitors in the house, and not so many necessary repairs to the house! Tina just doesn't do dirt, paint, or anything which would negatively affect her hair or wardrobe (not to mention her makeup!).

Last night was a case in point. It had been many weeks since Tina and my wife had a girl's night! Ok, first she had to find all her things (tactfully hidden from houseguests), remember what she had (!), lay out all her makeup, and all the other thousands of decisions needed to transform. Amazingly it only took 50 min to transform physically and mentally. She chose her nail color, added a layer of undercoat, a layer of red, and a topcoat, all applied and dried in 40 min with any major mess! She was so pleased.

But that's the way it goes...some things were so smooth and there was such anticipation that once Tina had been around for a few hours making dinner and doing a little of the detailed work needed for the next day, the adrenoline had run down so she and my wife settled in to knit and crochet for the rest of the night, almost without a word said! Companionable silence.

As Tina got up to transform back, she and my wife said their goodbyes for now and it struck me that it was all too normal. No brass band, and only a small discussion about a little pink spot in Tina's makeup that turned out to be a reflection from her red lenses.

Just ... normal. I guess feeling terrific as my femme self has become...well...normal!

So Reine, that changes things. Whether Tina "comes to visit" every day, or once a month, it's just normal. A few years ago I never thought that would be possible. I'm realizing that being suddenly normal is as startling as being suddenly femme!

kimdl93
09-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice to have you back, Sally! I'm very intrigued by the suggestion of a lifestyle change.