PDA

View Full Version : oh how i wish

Kelli Ca
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Im sitting here in front of my class waiting to go in. Its hot im sweating. I look around and see all the women in skirts and loose dresses speggetti straps. I wish I had the guts or that it would be socially ok to wear a nice summer dress to school, oh well just wanted to share anyone else feel the same way?

RADER
09-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Yes; the male discrimination, It should be against the law, But NOOOOOOO
Rader

Karren H
09-10-2012, 08:51 PM
or you just move to somewhere cooler....

Beverley Sims
09-11-2012, 08:52 AM
I felt like you do when I was younger..
How I wish.

Wendy W
09-11-2012, 09:02 AM
I think it's one of the reasons I started to C/D more frequently. Mens dress is soo drab compared to women's and the options are near endless. M-F I have to wear a shirt, tie and slacks, in all weather and seasons. As you mention Lolisa, come summer time, women wear just about anything they want, but men are still in shirts, ties and slacks. It's frustrating how our society works against us. Thanks for letting me vent!

Wendy

EllenJo
09-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Well I certainly know that feeling. I have often wondered if a simple cargo skirt to wear when it is hot would be accepted. Would anyone notice the difference between that and my regular shorts. I would not present as a woman, just a man in a skirt with the expanation that it is no different than a kilt. At least I can dream.

Abbygirl
09-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I feel that way every time I see a girl in something cute, but seeing strappy sundresses brings the feelings on stronger than anything. They are just so, FUN! I would love to wear one swishing down the beach with the wind blowing... It's just not fair! So, yeah, I know exactly how you feel.

GaleWarning
09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
You could, of course, adopt a younger style of dress ... tight-fitting vest and baggy pants which hang around your knees exposing your butt.

Ashley D.
09-11-2012, 08:07 PM
I hiked most of the AT wearing a silk skirt. Just said it was cooler then shorts. Would have liked it more if I could shave more the once every two weeks.