PDA

View Full Version : Nice trip to the cosmetics counter today

Jamie Christopher
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Decided today was the day for my first foray to a cosmetics counter en femme; I chose the Clinique counter at Boston Store. Decided to keep it low with a nice short sleeve blouse from Boston Store, tan JCP Worthington trousers and flat brown suede boots from Payless. Walked in, did a bit of shopping, and then walked up to the Clinique counter where I met my new adviser Carrie. She couldn't have been nicer; I explained I wanted to start a relationship as a new client to learn more about the finer points of applying makeup, and would be a good customer to boot. She could not have been more supportive! Next up will be my appointment to go in for the full makeover. Yay!

Jamie

Persephone
09-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Awesome, Jamie!

Congratulations! And enjoy your full makeover! (Please take some pictures afterwards).

One suggstion, don't wear your best blouse to your makeover. Even in the hands of a professional, stuff can splatter or fall.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jamie Christopher
09-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks Persephone: good food for thought! I'll wear a black top & pants.

Jamie

I Am Paula
09-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Glad you enjoyed the experience. Make up counters are such a great place to get used to being out in public. In my every experience the sa's are delighted to have you, a little curious (in a good way), totally non-judgemental, and willing to fuss over and pamper you. You can learn alot, pick up supplies you needed anyway, and just get a little girl time. Sounds like you did everthing just right. I was at MAC yesterday and had the same experience. Have you had your nails done at a salon yet? Bliss.

Jamie Christopher
09-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Celeste:

Definitely looking forward to a salon visit; on my short list! Thanks for your comments,

Jamie