PDA

View Full Version : Showing ID

Midari
09-11-2012, 03:21 PM
So this weekend I'm going to a concert and I plan to go dressed up. However, I have the tickets on Will Call, which means I need to go to the box office, present my ID, and pick them up.

Having never had to show ID while dressed as a girl before, I'm wondering if there might be any problems? I have no problem revealing to the box office person that I'm actually a guy, but I'm wondering how likely it'll be that they'll try to cause problems for me. I could try going before the concert dressed as a guy to pick them up, though that would be very inconvenient. So any thoughts?

RADER
09-11-2012, 03:33 PM
As long as the ID and your credit information match, I do not think you will have any trouble.
Remember it is about the money and the correct person getting the tickets, Not what you are wearing.
Have Fun.
Rader

sissystephanie
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Depending on the person you are talking to, there may be some comments made about your clothing. But as Rader said, it is about the money and you getting the tickets as the correct person! Enjoy yourself!!

Mikaela
09-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I've had to present my ID for Will Call, and someplace I used my credit card. It's a non-issue. Expect a look or a comment at most, smile, and just move on.

paulaloha
09-11-2012, 04:19 PM
I dont' think it would be much of an issue, especially if you go during the time that most people are showing up for the event. Normally they are just trying to get everyone through in a smooth and timely way. So as long as the ID and the tickets match I don't think there will be much of an issue. And usually the concert working crowd is very open minded.

Have fun!

kimdl93
09-11-2012, 05:03 PM
I've had to present my ID with credit card purchases and it's never been an issue.

Sally24
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
As others have said, its probably a non issue. If you want to reduce the stress then I would.suggest taking a few pictures of yourself in various stages in makeup application. Then if some dork gives you a hard time you can "prove" its you.

AllieSF
09-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Don't worry. Just go up and give them your last name and when they find the tickets and ask for your first name give it them. If they ask for ID give them that too. It is totally a non-issue. I have done that dozens of times going to plays, ballets and other events where the tickets are in Will Call. AT one theater where I have season tickets, I have actually gotten special service and have been upgraded from the "Nose Bleed" section to the Mezzanine, because they now know me and we are always chatting while they look for my tickets. So, before the last play of the season this late Spring I bought all the Will Call people Starbuck Coffee gift cards. They deserved it.

Nocturnal Kaylee
09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
You won't have any problem, my girlfriend is trans but hasn't been able to changer her name/ID marker and other than a few "is this really you" questions there's no problem.

Midari
09-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the info! It's a show out of town that I'm traveling for, so this'll let me enjoy the city a bit more.

DonnaT
09-12-2012, 01:48 PM
And if it is here in DC, the remember the city has non-discrimination laws.