PDA

View Full Version : Wife asked me to keep what I like.

emmicd
11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
In an attempt to understand my crossdressing my wife went through all my clothes and asked me to keep what I like and to put the other clothes that I can part with in a bag or bags to sell or give to charity.

I had a hard time but promised her I would do so since I love her.

It took me about 5 hours to go through everything and decide what to keep and what to part with.

She understood that I still needed to keep some of my dresses, pants, swimwear, tops and undergarments. She even told me she will wash my clothes and that I don't have to sneak off to the laundromat anymore.

I filled about 4 bags with clothes I can part with and still have a closet full of womens clothes.

She is trying to understand my crossdressing and I am appreciative.

She did say that I should not need to buy anymore since I do still have a considerable amount of clothes.

She says I have an obsessive compulsive problem which I agree with.

I will have to fight that urge to buy female clothes.

I don't quite understand why I still needed to buy womens clothes when I have so much and I don't even wear all the clothes I buy.

More than half the clothes I have still have tags on them.

I will try my best to follow through out of respect for my wife.

emmi

Jesse69
11-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Did you buy most of those clothes new or from thrift stores? What size are you?

I think I have a lot of clothes too and that I should stop buying any more. But I can't resist nice thrift store bargains and excellent and rarely styled / very beautiful womens clothes (especially a very good skirt suit).

Ellaine
11-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Hmmmm perhaps obsessive/compulsive shopping is part and parcel of the female mentality. Of course some have it more than others, but it is very common. And I don't know about you, but I just love the triumph that you feel when you put the seperate purchases together and it comes together in a succesful outfit, yet I have no desire to keep wearing the same constantly as most men would.
Shopping, just has to be done.

Ellaine

Tiffy
11-22-2005, 09:28 AM
I have many clothes I have never worn and some I hardly wear. But, I can not quit buying clothes. To me that is half the fun. OK maybe more than half. My wife and i love to shop so buying clothes is something we both love to do and we both do it. And god knows my wife has plenty of clothes she will never wear but wants new ones all the time.

Kisses, April

mand
11-22-2005, 09:36 AM
Hello Emmi :) How are you love ?

Emmi can I just ask you a question ?;) ............Why are you getting rid of clothes ?

love mand xxx:)

Nikki Dee
11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi. Hun...WHY.?...does having less clothes make you less TG.??.I don't think so.!
love Nikki. xx

Stephenie
11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
You can always shop, buy and return. Then you can do it again and it will only cost to drive to the shop and back.

Alison Michelle
11-22-2005, 10:45 AM
Emmicd,

Getting rid of clothes you don't fit in or not your style is fine. If and when your wife decides to go shopping with you, you'll have more room for the new clothes! Don't fret, it is all good, your wife seems to be supportive of you.

Huggs,

Alison

susandrea
11-22-2005, 11:16 AM
You are a "shopaholic". You get a thrill from buying stuff, even stuff you don't need. It's a very common thing, especially among women.

Harmless? Not really. Every single one I know personally shops themselves into serious debt.

Jenny Beth
11-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Don't worry about what you gave up, instead be greatful for what you have gained. As you and your wife go through this together you will find there is much more to this side of you than the clothes.

Dayna
11-22-2005, 12:05 PM
The rush I get from buying women's clothes just never gets old!

Someone recently suggested adding a 'classified ad' section to this site--buy, sell, trade... sounds like a winner to me!

Dayna
11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
The rush I get from buying women's clothes just never gets old!

Someone recently suggested adding a 'classified ad' section to this site--buy, sell, trade... sounds like a winner to me!

OK, just saw the 'members only' section...nevermind (DUH!) :o

JamieDP
11-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Yes - what size are you?